Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My My My... Does Addai Look Awfully Spritely Tonight?

Mouthfire

On a related note, I think Carter should be our #2 back. He's got the outside run game, as well as the inside game for the tough yards. I'm still waiting to see how he does pass-blocking, though.

As much as I've been defending Donald, I just don't think he's improving. You get a glimpse of tremendous ability from time to time, but he just can't keep it consistent.

From the few plays I saw, he was playing well. He was running hard and the offensive line was making big holes for him to run through. Here's hoping they can have the running game going strong all season

Indeed. There a few plays where he just looked twice as fast as everyone else, like the once where he turned the corner on the stretch play for the nice gain.

On a related note, I think Carter should be our #2 back. He's got the outside run game, as well as the inside game for the tough yards. I'm still waiting to see how he does pass-blocking, though.

As much as I've been defending Donald, I just don't think he's improving. You get a glimpse of tremendous ability from time to time, but he just can't keep it consistent.

Perfect assessment in my opinion, the kid (Carter) is impressive to me. Donald unfotunately is not improving, I posted this in another thread, on how I feel he is just not cut out for a zone blocking system like we run. He has trouble Identifying the hole when it opens.

He is more of a hit the hole and go type of back. I think he would fluorish in a system similar to the Steelers where it is just that.

Perfect assessment in my opinion, the kid (Carter) is impressive to me. Donald unfotunately is not improving, I posted this in another thread, on how I feel he is just not cut out for a zone blocking system like we run. He has trouble Identifying the hole when it opens.

He is more of a hit the hole and go type of back. I think he would fluorish in a system similar to the Steelers where it is just that.

Yeah, you might be on the button on this.

Yeah, you might be on the button on this.

Joe did look good tonight though, he looked very energetic and he ran hard.

My assessment of Donal is YMO but I see him hesitate at the line way to much. He seems to have more lateral movement than forward movement. This tells me he does not see the hole.

I have aslo noticed that when he does see the hole he usually breaks a nice run, that is why we see flashes from him.

What I really noticed was that he took the ball and ran forward decisively without doing that hippety hop thing that always cuts his forward momentum.

when you have holes to run threw that helps. A lot of times his hops were products of going to where the hole is supposed to be and it not being there and him trying to hop to find an opening.