Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Relax

jvan1973

I agree! We aren't gonna build the monster over night...

Especially playing with half a salary cap (when you subtract the dead hits and Freeney/Adam V, who are both free agents after this season)...next season with the extra experience, plus actually having a full salary cap to field a team, i expect a big improvement

I actually thought there were a lot of positives.. its a learning year. I promise by years end this team will be much better

I agree there were a lot of positives.

The D was aggressive, stayed in their lanes, and the tackling was better than I've seen in decades. Given the Bear's talent at RB, I thought we did well for our first outing, away. Pass D will certainly improve after the new players learn each other's names.

The O-line play should improve with time - but face it, not everyone on the O-line will make the Pro-Bowl. And, the game will "slow down" for Luck after a couple of games. The real game is much faster than preseason, especially against a good team.

I think everyone should smile about game one.

yeah, having that other half of the cap should help significantly with depth and quality on the lines, not to mention another draft, even though we have traded out of some high picks, I think V. Davis is worth it

Davis was necessary in my opinion. We should draft OL, OL, OL, D, OL, OL. Oh, and get some free agent help at OL.

lets compare peytons first game to lucks..

peyton went 21-37 302 yard 1 td 3 picks 4 sacks and a rating of 58.6

andrew went 23-45 309 yards 1td 3 picks 3 sacks and a rating of 52.9

the sky isn't falling

I agree we're going to be fine but I'm tired of that Manning Luck comparison. It's a good piece of trivia but really meaningless, right?

The implication is that we'll be contenders next season based on that. Or that he'll have a Manning career.

Again, nice trivia. But no bearing on Luck's future or the Colts success.

I agree we're going to be fine but I'm tired of that Manning Luck comparison. It's a good piece of trivia but really meaningless, right?

The implication is that we'll be contenders next season based on that. Or that he'll have a Manning career.

Again, nice trivia. But no bearing on Luck's future or the Colts success.

It's good trivia, but useful to show that even Peyton had a learning curve.

(Or that his team was bad in the beginning)

I keep seeing headlines about Luck's debut - they don't mention other Colts. If Luck has a pocket and run game - it is a different story. I think he could have kept up in a shootout under those conditions.