Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell On Painter Monday 8/22

bayone

The following is double talk to me

-------------------------------------------

I don’t think there’s any question about that. Curtis (Painter) is learning, but he also has ability. We fully well think he has the ability to get the job done. He’s just got to be able to do it.

It’s coming along…What you want to see is consistency. That’s the thing we’re looking for, all across the board.

I think he’s already shown he can move the ball. He just hasn’t been able to do it consistently,

and that’s what he’s working on. He needs some help, too.

This week he’ll get a great opportunity, I think, to really focus in on the opposition and we’ll see how he does. He’s always seemed to measure up in situations like this.”

Colts.com

My link

Calwell nailed the problem with Painter. The only thing Painter is consistent at is being inconsistent.

One minute he can throw a beautiful ball deep to Garcon and then on the very next play one hop a basic pass out into the flat to Clark.

I do not expect Painter to come in and our offense not miss a beat, but I do expect after three full seasons in the offense to look more capable then he does. He looks like he has the pocket presence of rookie and is horribly inconsistent.

Then again our running game has been putrid this preseason so we are really not helping Painter all that much.

The following is double talk to me

-------------------------------------------

I don’t think there’s any question about that. Curtis (Painter) is learning, but he also has ability. We fully well think he has the ability to get the job done. He’s just got to be able to do it.

It’s coming along…What you want to see is consistency. That’s the thing we’re looking for, all across the board.

I think he’s already shown he can move the ball. He just hasn’t been able to do it consistently,

and that’s what he’s working on. He needs some help, too.

This week he’ll get a great opportunity, I think, to really focus in on the opposition and we’ll see how he does. He’s always seemed to measure up in situations like this.”

Colts.com

My link

"He needs help" short for Dan O, step on up as the number 2

Caldwell is in way over his head. I simply think he does not have the intelligence to keep pace with how fast the game is at this level, especially for a head coach. Unfortunately, as many have said in the past, we do not have a front office that likes to swallow pride and admit their mistakes.

"He’s always seemed to measure up in situations like this.”

Really!! What games have you been watching coach?

lol, this is Coach nonsense talk, Caldwell and anyone with eyes knows Painter needs more than work, he needs a total remodeling lol. Just ask Dallas Clark in the post game interview when asked about the 2 back up qbs

lol, this is Coach nonsense talk, Caldwell and anyone with eyes knows Painter needs more than work, he needs a total remodeling lol. Just ask Dallas Clark in the post game interview when asked about the 2 back up qbs

FRom same article

this is Clark on Monday

Tight end Dallas Clark was one of those veterans who spoke highly of Painter during training camp at Anderson University. He reiterated his feelingson Painter Monday.

((( Oh Really , Not from What I see as article continues )))

“He’s been a great professional…He’s learned a lot and these preseason games are a huge, huge benefit for him to see things he doesn’t sitting on the sidelines watching,” said Clark. “You have to experience it to see it. Each rep he gets, he’s only going to get better. We look for continuous improvement from everyone. That’s why these preseason games, not only for Curtis, but just the rookies, the younger guys, the veterans, it’s real important to get these reps and improve from them.”

I DONT READ THE PRAISE DO U< JUST TO ME HE IS SAYING EVERY SNAP IS NEEDED TO LEARN FROM

What do you expect Caldwell or Painter's teammates to say to the media? The truth...?!?!

Why it might be refreshing to see Caldwell come out and say..."Yeah, if Peyton doesn't play, the D better pitch a shutout, cause with the crappy play we've seen from Painter we'll be lucky to manage a FG." It's just not going to happen.

They all know that they would have to play a perfect game w/o Manning to beat Houston on opening day and hope that Painter manages to at least hand - off well and complete enough short passes to manage to put together a scoring drive or two.

lol leave it to fans to tell the coach and the rest of his coaching staff he's wrong. Painter should do good in this game, i remember saying he would do good in the rams game and he didnt but he didnt do bad either, wayne nore collie or gonzo was there... Hopefully at least some of them play.

"He needs help" short for Dan O, step on up as the number 2

It appears you may have to dream on.

From Kravitz's lastest column:

"The difference between making and missing the playoffs can be a game. As much as I'd like to see Orlovsky get a chance Friday with the first team -- and coach Jim Caldwell said that won't happen -- currently, I wouldn't trust Orlovsky or Painter to watch my pet hamster."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110823/SPORTS15/108230337/Kravitz-Beyond-tweets-jokes-there-s-serious-problem?odyssey=nav|head

To me, it seems irresponsible not to give Orlovsky a chance with the first team.

FRom same article

this is Clark on Monday

Tight end Dallas Clark was one of those veterans who spoke highly of Painter during training camp at Anderson University. He reiterated his feelingson Painter Monday.

((( Oh Really , Not from What I see as article continues )))

“He’s been a great professional…He’s learned a lot and these preseason games are a huge, huge benefit for him to see things he doesn’t sitting on the sidelines watching,” said Clark. “You have to experience it to see it. Each rep he gets, he’s only going to get better. We look for continuous improvement from everyone. That’s why these preseason games, not only for Curtis, but just the rookies, the younger guys, the veterans, it’s real important to get these reps and improve from them.”

I DONT READ THE PRAISE DO U< JUST TO ME HE IS SAYING EVERY SNAP IS NEEDED TO LEARN FROM

Yea that was clark on monday , not after the game. Did you see the post game on dallas clark after redskins game..when asked about Painter and the offense he was very annoyed

"The difference between making and missing the playoffs can be a game. As much as I'd like to see Orlovsky get a chance Friday with the first team -- and coach Jim Caldwell said that won't happen -- currently, I wouldn't trust Orlovsky or Painter to watch my pet hamster."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110823/SPORTS15/108230337/Kravitz-Beyond-tweets-jokes-there-s-serious-problem?odyssey=nav|head

To me, it seems irresponsible not to give Orlovsky a chance with the first team.

Having either one of them as a number 2 is a dream I wouldnt want to have, but imo I would rather have Dan O as my number 2 than Painter from what I have seen from the both of them. And God forbid if Peyton doesnt play in a few games this year we will prob loose those games with Painter at the helm simple as that.

Caldwell is in way over his head. I simply think he does not have the intelligence to keep pace with how fast the game is at this level, especially for a head coach.

You have obviously never met the man. But let me ask you, how does a coach that, "does not have the intelligence to keep pace with how fast the game is at this level," go 14-2 his first year inlcuding a trip to the SB and 10-6 in a year when most people beleive the Colts should not have even been in the playoffs because of all the injuries? Oh wait, I now it's only because of Manning, right?

Unfortunately, as many have said in the past, we do not have a front office that likes to swallow pride and admit their mistakes.

And that's not true either but I know it makes a good sound byte.

The Caldwell dislike comes from two things... not going for a perfect season and because he shows no emotion. The perfect season, I can understand somewhat, it's kind of childish for fans to think that way but I understand. People not liking him because he shows no emotion is what is hilarious. Most people do not have the intelligence and self discipline to control their emotions and they do not understand how someone can do that. So rather than looking at themselves and asking, "[a]m I too emotional, should I learn to control my emotions better?" They decide to attack the non emotional person and try to display it as some sort of weakness. Afterall, many of these fans are very emotional at the game or watching it on TV, they throw things, get in fights, cheer, cry, etc. and they just intimidated by someone who does not do that.

For those of you who dont know Orlovsky is the same guy that got saftied... i mean what QB dont know where he is on the field..... Orlovsky sucks there's a reason why he's never been on a team for long.

Having Caldwell assess the ability of Painter is a joke. Caldwell couldn't coach himself out of a paper bag and I predict this will be his last season as Colts HC. I just hope his replacement is someone who is dynamic, strong willed and can actually coach and put together an NFL caliber staff. It won't be easy because the Polians don't want anyone in the organization that will overshadow the dad or the boy.

\

Having Caldwell assess the ability of Painter is a joke. Caldwell couldn't coach himself out of a paper bag and I predict this will be his last season as Colts HC. I just hope his replacement is someone who is dynamic, strong willed and can actually coach and put together an NFL caliber staff. It won't be easy because the Polians don't want anyone in the organization that will overshadow the dad or the boy.

\

Where do you ppl get all this hatred from lol, the colts have a great coaching staff. Idk what dynamic has to do with coaching but your prediction is very wrong.

For those of you who dont know Orlovsky is the same guy that got saftied... i mean what QB dont know where he is on the field..... Orlovsky sucks there's a reason why he's never been on a team for long.

I find it ridiculous that folks want to keep piling on Orlovsky for that mistake, as funny as it was. Even Orlovsky said he felt like an * for it. Stuff happens.

For what it's worth, Orlovsky's career QB rating is 71.3. That's still a heckuva lot higher than Painter's. Nobody's confusing Orlovsky with John Kitna. I'm simply saying he deserves a look with the first team. If he performs better than Painter, I say move him up the depth chart.

I find it ridiculous that folks want to keep piling on Orlovsky for that mistake, as funny as it was. Even Orlovsky said he felt like an * for it. Stuff happens.

For what it's worth, Orlovsky's career QB rating is 71.3. That's still a heckuva lot higher than Painter's. Nobody's confusing Orlovsky with John Kitna. I'm simply saying he deserves a look with the first team. If he performs better than Painter, I say move him up the depth chart.

totally agree

I agree, but I don't think it will happen. I think the Coaching staff wants to prove to people that Painter can actually handle the job no matter how many times Painter keeps proving he can't.

This is really starting to tick me off.. and I apologize to anyone that takes offense to what I have to say but I have to say what I have to say.. Caldwell your a dayum *.. Jim, Bill, Chris.. Get your heads out of you * already and go sign someone to back up the Sheriff.. Curtis Painter and Dan Orvolsky are NOT THE RIGHT GUYS TO BE BACKING UP THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE. Are they really trying to sabotage the Fan Base?? From the Lockout to this back-up controversy, Seriously? I have been a Colts fan since '93 and this is the worst Management of the Colts I have seen yet. We all know that Manning well be under center come week 1 no doubt in my mind.. ESPN, NFL Network can analyze the heck out of this all they want. We know Peyton and we know he well be there to start the season. But seriously Manning isn't getting any younger here he is going to be getting a few extra nicks and bruises here and there. And we need a Back-up that can at least keep us in a game IF Manning is ever to leave a game.. Or Coaching decides to pull him from the game to rest him for the Playoffs.. ala 2009.. comeon Curtis Painter we ask you to go out there and win 2 games and you lose both of them and give away a game after you come in relief in a game that we had on lockdown. Get out of town before the fans force you out of town BOY!...

Further more.. Jim Irsay. If your going to Tweet the Fans and ask us for our opinion on the back-up issue than you better listen, or don't bother asking us for it..

You find it ridiculous yet its totally fine for ppl to ridicule painter when he hasnt done anything this season that showed he deserves it... if it wasnt for that 1 TD orlovsky had statistically painter is better than Dan and it doesnt take a genius to figure that out Dans pct is just 40d% and painters own is 50%, painter has completed more of his passes and he has better accuracy. ppl need not to forget that drive in the rams game, the guy can get it done and the colts know that.

I disagree.. If Painter can get it done than why hasn't he? sure any Joe Smoe can go out there and throw a 35 yrd pass. put I tell you what it wasn't the pass that made that completion possible it was the Circus Catch by Pierre Garcon that made it possible. I think your giving way to much credit to Curtis Painter than he rightfully deserves in that Rams game. A pick on his Second Pass attempt are you kidding me.. Same thing for Dan Orvlosky are you kidding me.. at least Nate Davis moved the team on both of his drives.. and its just to bad that the Management thought it was a right choice to release him when I believe he had the better outing than either Painter or Orvlosky.

... if it wasnt for that 1 TD orlovsky had statistically painter is better than Dan and it doesnt take a genius to figure that out Dans pct is just 40d% and painters own is 50%, painter has completed more of his passes and he has better accuracy. ppl need not to forget that drive in the rams game, the guy can get it done and the colts know that.

In career regular season games Orlovsky's QB rating is 71.3. Painter's is 9.8. Now, I know the QB rating is a flawed stat, but that kind of variance speaks loudly.

In career regular season games Orlovsky's QB rating is 71.3. Painter's is 9.8. Now, I know the QB rating is a flawed stat, but that kind of variance speaks loudly.

Painter was not ready for that game and there is no way orlovsky could have won that game either. the colts have faith in painter and if orlovsky was really good he would have had the job but obviously he isnt... dont you think if is competition they actually brought orlovsky in for that if he had done better he wouldnt be starting over painter in the packers game? orlovsky is not better than painter and hopefully he shows that in the packers game.

You have obviously never met the man. But let me ask you, how does a coach that, "does not have the intelligence to keep pace with how fast the game is at this level," go 14-2 his first year inlcuding a trip to the SB and 10-6 in a year when most people beleive the Colts should not have even been in the playoffs because of all the injuries? Oh wait, I now it's only because of Manning, right?

And that's not true either but I know it makes a good sound byte.

The Caldwell dislike comes from two things... not going for a perfect season and because he shows no emotion. The perfect season, I can understand somewhat, it's kind of childish for fans to think that way but I understand. People not liking him because he shows no emotion is what is hilarious. Most people do not have the intelligence and self discipline to control their emotions and they do not understand how someone can do that. So rather than looking at themselves and asking, "[a]m I too emotional, should I learn to control my emotions better?" They decide to attack the non emotional person and try to display it as some sort of weakness. Afterall, many of these fans are very emotional at the game or watching it on TV, they throw things, get in fights, cheer, cry, etc. and they just intimidated by someone who does not do that.

:) Excellent.

Yea that was clark on monday , not after the game. Did you see the post game on dallas clark after redskins game..when asked about Painter and the offense he was very annoyed

no i dont get game in detroit area and havent seen replays, have it taped but havent had timer to watch

grmasterb, on 23 August 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

totally agree

painters rating is less than 10 read somwhere