Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not a chip on there shoulder a 2x4

superrep1967

Great MLB yes, but I think he's about done. Urlacher will have some moments, but he can't run anymore. sad for fans of football, he was one of the greats of the era.

he had 102 tackles last year it sounds like he can still run enough to make an impact, no question he towards the end of his career but Ray Lewis is still going strong and he is in his 17th year and still had 95 tackles in only 12 games

i have a bad feeling the colts lost this one.. The bears have a good DT and a good DE and a great MLB there corner are okay and safeties iffy but then again Rietz is out and we have a replacement on him playing and already the Colts Offense line is crappy

I am not sure the Colts can "lost" until the game has been played. I could be wrong. The Colts could loose this one but I am always the optimist when it comes to the Colts.

he had 102 tackles last year it sounds like he can still run enough to make an impact, no question he towards the end of his career but Ray Lewis is still going strong and he is in his 17th year and still had 95 tackles in only 12 games

Morning Gavin. Do you have a prediction for today?

Morning Gavin. Do you have a prediction for today?

Colts should be able to keep it close if our OLB's and DE's dont break containment and we dont give up on the run,, Im hoping just like in preseason, we run the ball 25-27 times this game and 35 pass (thats if we can get 62 offensive snaps which again goes back to slowing down the run). If we run the ball enough we can set up playaction, in the mean time we should use short quick passes 6-7-8 yard passes to help nullify the Bears pass rush, and 1 other thing, avoid kicking to Devin Hester like he has the Bubonic Plague

I think the Bears are in trouble. Because we go into this game not with a chip on our shoulders but with a 2X4 and it happens to be the Chicago Bears who will get the blunt of that. I look for some frustration going out on the Bears to bad for them.

While I agree about the chip on the shoulder, don't know that I would say the Bears are in trouble, but will have a much tougher game than a lot of people seems to think. IMO, our best chance at winning this game comes with containing Forte.

i have a bad feeling the colts lost this one.. The bears have a good DT and a good DE and a great MLB there corner are okay and safeties iffy but then again Rietz is out and we have a replacement on him playing and already the Colts Offense line is crappy

Nobody has lost before they play. Injuries, turnovers, crazy plays, etc all have impacts on the games. Any team can win any given Sunday, that's why they play the games.

Great MLB yes, but I think he's about done. Urlacher will have some moments, but he can't run anymore. sad for fans of football, he was one of the greats of the era.

I think it might be shortsighted to count Urlacher out already. He wants to play a few more years and as long as the body allows him I think we'll play at a high level until he does hang em up for good.

While Urlacher still might have a great season, we are getting him at the best possible time since he still isn't 100% from the knee. How effective he might be in this game could very well be limited by the knee. But I agree with you that his time is nowhere near over.

Colts should be able to keep it close if our OLB's and DE's dont break containment and we dont give up on the run,, Im hoping just like in preseason, we run the ball 25-27 times this game and 35 pass (thats if we can get 62 offensive snaps which again goes back to slowing down the run). If we run the ball enough we can set up playaction, in the mean time we should use short quick passes 6-7-8 yard passes to help nullify the Bears pass rush, and 1 other thing, avoid kicking to Devin Hester like he has the Bubonic Plague

"Run the ball" and "Stop the run". Pagano will say the same. Fleener and Alllen shopuld have a field day against the cover 2 if the line protects. Screens and draws could slow the Bears pass rush............I hope Arians calls a good game.

"Run the ball" and "Stop the run". Pagano will say the same. Fleener and Alllen shopuld have a field day against the cover 2 if the line protects. Screens and draws could slow the Bears pass rush............I hope Arians calls a good game.

Slants to, Our Cover 2 we have been playing with the previous regime we were picked apart with those, I hope we dont start kicking to Hester just to see what our kick coverage is like either, he isn't the guy to be testing kick coverage with

Slants to, Our Cover 2 we have been playing with the previous regime we were picked apart with those, I hope we dont start kicking to Hester just to see what our kick coverage is like either, he isn't the guy to be testing kick coverage with

We can try to keep it from Hester but he is probably going to get his hands on one or 2. Is Hester returning kicks and punts this year?

We can try to keep it from Hester but he is probably going to get his hands on one or 2. Is Hester returning kicks and punts this year?

only recorded 1 Bear preseason game and haven't watched it, But I wouldn't know why he wouldn't be returning kicks and punts

only recorded 1 Bear preseason game and haven't watched it, But I wouldn't know why he wouldn't be returning kicks and punts

I was thinking he may not now that he is listed and plays as a WR. Hesters chances of being nicked go up considerably if he is returning kicks and punts.

I was thinking he may not now that he is listed and plays as a WR. Hesters chances of being nicked go up considerably if he is returning kicks and punts.

eh, He has never been considered a receiving threat, I could see them having some plays for him at receiver but he is the most dangerous returning kicks and punts. I didn't know he was still being used as a receiver with the addition of Alshon Jeffery, Then again Powers wont be able to handle Hesters speed I dont think (Hester is listed as there #2 on the Bears site).

could be

I have not noticed him having any trouble at all picking up the blitz, and I have heard virtually every single analyst on ESPN, NFL Network, and other sports outlets marvel at how well Luck picks up the blitz so quickly and how easy it is for him to read the defense. I haven't heard anybody say he's struggling with any part of his game yet. I'm sure he will have his struggle's but thus far, he hasn't.

Before his knee injury..... don't get me wrong, I hope he is still the amazing MLB'er of old..... I just hope he has an off day today