Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Release Eric Winston

MTC

He is a very underrated RT. He is a solid player. Maybe we put him in at RT and then Ijalana in at RG?

I still don't get why it is people want Ijalana at guard. The guy has the abilities to be a good tackle in the league. While Winston would be a good RT for the colts, Ijalana deserves a legit shot at playing tackle whether it be the right or left side. I'm not calling you out or anything, but Ijalana hasn't even had a legit shot at RT/LT and we drafted him as a tackle. Seems like he should get a shot at tackle, before the thought of him playing at guard comes up.

Well there goes the 2nd best RT in the NFL. If he wants under 5M, I would want him in a heartbeat. He's fairly young, and is a stud at RT. They would then move Ijalana on the inside which would be good. It would really improve our line, and with lots of people on this board wanting Grubbs, it would be a better investment if they signed Winston. This is a big hit to the Texans line, but it means they can sign Myers.

I still don't get why it is people want Ijalana at guard. The guy has the abilities to be a good tackle in the league. While Winston would be a good RT for the colts, Ijalana deserves a legit shot at playing tackle whether it be the right or left side. I'm not calling you out or anything, but Ijalana hasn't even had a legit shot at RT/LT and we drafted him as a tackle. Seems like he should get a shot at tackle, before the thought of him playing at guard comes up.

He has the ability to be a guard, since he is such an athletic guy. He would be a better tackle (specifically LT, but we have Castonzo there), since that's what he played for 53 games at Nova. But if you have a guy who can only play RT in Winston and you have a guy at LT in Castonzo, then you use your assets wherever you can. If you have a guy who can play guard well, you put him in and see what he can do

I think Ijalana has the ability to play almost every spot on the line, but the general consensus is that tackles (with a bit of learning and some experience) end up playing better at guard. The more versatlie, the better the transition. Ijalana is extremely versatile, so versatile, he could play RG. I personally think he could play LT and do well. I just want to do what's best for the thing, and moving him to RG could be it.

I would pick him up and put him at RT, if we can get him for a decent price and put Ijalana at OG and sign a guy like Ben Grubbs in FA we have our best line in a long long time. One less thing to worry about come draft day.

Would be a great sign. NO ONE WANTS TO BE HERE NOW THOUGH. Only way is if he wants to get back at Houston.

If we can afford a player we can get a player. I don't get why anyone would think NOBODY would play here. Gosh guys......

Not every FA goes to the best teams in the league you know.

If we can afford a player we can get a player. I don't get why anyone would think NOBODY would play here. Gosh guys......

Not every FA goes to the best teams in the league you know.

People want to win we aren't in a position to do so. Unless like I said he wants to get back at his old team, or he's from INDY, or he doesn't care about winning. I think Winston wants to win! He's good he will have much more attractive offers I think.

People want to win we aren't in a position to do so. Unless like I said he wants to get back at his old team, or he's from INDY, or he doesn't care about winning. I think Winston wants to win! He's good he will have much more attractive offers I think.

Not just saying Winston. There are other FAs out there for this offseason and next one we can get. Players go to losing teams all the time.

The Colts won't go 0-16 next year and the year after either btw.

Not sure we have the money this offseason anyway. Might have some but not enough.

Not just saying Winston. There are other FAs out there for this offseason and next one we can get. Players go to losing teams all the time.

The Colts won't go 0-16 next year and the year after either btw.

Not sure we have the money this offseason anyway. Might have some but not enough.

Honestly I don't see us signing anyone & if we do I think someone from the Defense of say Bal, Pitt, or maybe a cheap Bart Scott deal If he likes our coach, but you have to convince guys we are going some where I don't see it.We are in TOTAL REBUILD You have nothing to show them now. Maybe next year we do, but not now. We may get guys who say WANT TO START, who haven't before that MAY be possible?

Honestly I don't see us signing anyone & if we do I think someone from the Defense of say Bal, Pitt, or maybe a cheap Bart Scott deal If he likes our coach, but you have to convince guys we are going some where I don't see it.We are in TOTAL REBUILD You have nothing to show them now. Maybe next year we do, but not now. We may get guys who say WANT TO START, who haven't before that MAY be possible?

We can always use more players along the o-line, especially veteran players---but don't toss the others out the door and swap them all over the line to new positions when they've only been in the league a year. You have to address your needs when you have limited cap room, not your wishes.