Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tomasi Laulile - DT (BYU) 2018 UDFA

Scott Pennock

I think this big boy deserves his own thread!

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/4/22/17268928/source-colts-coach-mike-phair-is-working-out-dt-prospects-at-byu

He had 3 sacks as an interior rusher each of his last two seasons played.

Ran a 4.77 and 4.83 40 at 6'3" and 301 lbs.....scouting report says his first two steps are lightening quick.

If he plays up to that speed he will certainly be in our top 63 (which includes our 10 PS Players) players come the start of the season.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

I'm very intrigued by this guy. Besides a good scouting report, I haven't found a highlight tape anywhere. Sounds like he has the tools to be a pass rushing interior lineman but is pretty raw and not a ton of game experience. Looks like two years of high school ball and parts of three seasons of college (three total starts and appeared in 33 games). It sounds like he fits what we are looking for and hopefully they found a gem. 

I think he has a decent shot to make the team, seems like a playmaker, looks he can play insider or outside if we need more run support.  Seems like a nice guy when interviewed, must have got upset about something obviously, to cause him to have a fight.  OK to be nasty and aggresvie, just don't fight or get penalties, that is not being considerate to team mates.

couldnt find him in the video because it was a massive brawl. But it must take a lot to become academically ineligible. Football players at D1 schools always get special treatment and most take a bunch of nonsense classes to fulfill the credit requirements. But just because he’s lazy in school doesn’t mean he’s lazy on the football field.

6 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

couldnt find him in the video because it was a massive brawl. But it must take a lot to become academically ineligible. Football players at D1 schools always get special treatment and most take a bunch of nonsense classes to fulfill the credit requirements. But just because he’s lazy in school doesn’t mean he’s lazy on the football field.

I would agree 100% but at the same time because of how things work, if you want to make football a career you have to go to college for 3 years.  

So when it comes to pro's I'd be worried about arrests.  I would be worried about positive drug tests.  I'm not too worried about bad grades.  If he works hard at football and has football IQ, it doesn't really mean much to us if he can't pass his college classes.