Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blackout Policy

P'Son

Does anyone know if the NFL has suspended the Blackout Policy for the 2018 season?

NFL blackout policy 2017
On March 23, 2015, the NFL's owners voted to suspend the blackout rules for the 2015 NFL season, meaning that all games would be televised in their home markets, regardless of ticket sales. ... While the league never explicitly stated such, the blackout suspension will continue into 2017.

I hope so. If not we will not be watching many Colts games.

Colts fans have shown they are not willing to watch the team continue to blow games on the field and be completely un competitive at times.

I also noticed that ticket prices were still highly priced everywhere in the stadium besides the balcony level last year even though they couldn't sell any at all. It was pretty awful in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

I hope so. If not we will not be watching many Colts games.

Colts fans have shown they are not willing to watch the team continue to blow games on the field and be completely un competitive at times.

I also noticed that ticket prices were still highly priced everywhere in the stadium besides the balcony level last year even though they couldn't sell any at all. It was pretty awful in my opinion.

I agree and that's my concern.   I'm a past season ticket holder (five seasons at both Dome and Can) but the on field product has to be a winner or I'll not waste my money.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_television_blackout_policies

Market and year of last blackout/non-sellout[edit]

3 minutes ago, P'Son said:

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_television_blackout_policies

Market and year of last blackout/non-sellout[edit]

OK, You may be right, I cant remember what game it was. OK 1 game we didn't sell out so I was wrong. I actually don't remember what game or any blackouts here after Peyton came in.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Now I am curious to know what game it was actually because I don't remember a blackout in the Peyton era.

Could have been the 2003 season according to the IBJ.  Anyway, doesn't matter, I'm concerned about the upcoming.  Will the back out be lifted?

1 minute ago, P'Son said:

Could have been the 2003 season according to the IBJ.  Anyway, doesn't matter, I'm concerned about the upcoming.  Will the back out be lifted?

Yeah I think we will still sell out. If anything I should've said 15 years straight we have, not 20 lmao. Back before Peyton we had a lot of fairweather fans. Since he got drafted and then we got Luck we really haven't lost much up until last season so who knows.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What game? Because I haven't seen a blackout here since Peyton came into town. I have watched almost every game for the last 30 years. Back then if a game didn't sell out the game wasn't shown, it was, well blacked out.

They were blacked out vs the Jags in there that was the game where Fred Taylor fumbled late to seal the win for the Colts and one of the DBs said drop something to him?  Then the the Jags beat the Colts later in the year in Jacksonville.

1 hour ago, P'Son said:

Does anyone know if the NFL has suspended the Blackout Policy for the 2018 season?

NFL blackout policy 2017
On March 23, 2015, the NFL's owners voted to suspend the blackout rules for the 2015 NFL season, meaning that all games would be televised in their home markets, regardless of ticket sales. ... While the league never explicitly stated such, the blackout suspension will continue into 2017.

Sorry, I thought this was a thread about drinking... I'll see myself out.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Damn I don't remember that. Maybe we have had some close calls I am not aware of.

In the end it wasn't, but I remember even the players (in interviews) kept asking us to keep buying tickets to avoid it that week leading up to the game.

I only remember because their were still tickets available without going to the secondary market.

We’ve held tickets since 95 and we have released them as of this season. 

1. Just have too much going on with my girls to give up an entire day to drive to Indy and then get back home, it’s an entire day from 10am to roughly 8pm. 

2. The way they drug out last season and how they’ve made it appear that Luck would be ready by the start of last season, then a few games in and then up until the last 4 games when they came clean. Didn’t like how they handled that. 

3. The Pagano era was a big reason why this team is a wreck and Griggson but they kept Pagano in the face of his inept ability to run the team and now we have to rebuild again. 

4. The kneeling on the team and across the league. This made it final for me with all the other things. The league just isn’t as fun as it was a few years back either. Maybe it’s losing that makes it feel that way too but the poor officiating and flags for touching any QB named Brady. 

Maybe ill watch more games this year but i shut them off after they continued to kneel. I want zero politics in games, none! 

18 hours ago, Jdubu said:

We’ve held tickets since 95 and we have released them as of this season. 

1. Just have too much going on with my girls to give up an entire day to drive to Indy and then get back home, it’s an entire day from 10am to roughly 8pm. 

2. The way they drug out last season and how they’ve made it appear that Luck would be ready by the start of last season, then a few games in and then up until the last 4 games when they came clean. Didn’t like how they handled that. 

3. The Pagano era was a big reason why this team is a wreck and Griggson but they kept Pagano in the face of his inept ability to run the team and now we have to rebuild again. 

4. The kneeling on the team and across the league. This made it final for me with all the other things. The league just isn’t as fun as it was a few years back either. Maybe it’s losing that makes it feel that way too but the poor officiating and flags for touching any QB named Brady. 

Maybe ill watch more games this year but i shut them off after they continued to kneel. I want zero politics in games, none! 

Absolutely agree with your take!  I too am off the season ticket band wagon for basically the same reasons as you and then some.  I now prefer to watch on TV.  Thus, the purpose of this thread (which my question/topic has yet to be clarified).