Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Falcons cut Jalen Collins

He’s had his troubles, injuries, suspensions, but byclaiming him, you’d have on a cheap contract for next year, the last of his 4 year contract.  

If he gets his crap together and remains healthy, in a contract year, who knows, he might shine.  I see inexpensive, low risk potential.  Assuming, of course, that he is not an actual effed up head case.  To that, I cannot say one way or the other.  Only the inside experts might know where his head is actually at.  

If I were Ballard, I’d be talking to my pro scouting department and making some phone calls.

44 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

He’s had his troubles, injuries, suspensions, but byclaiming him, you’d have on a cheap contract for next year, the last of his 4 year contract.  

If he gets his crap together and remains healthy, in a contract year, who knows, he might shine.  I see inexpensive, low risk potential.  Assuming, of course, that he is not an actual effed up head case.  To that, I cannot say one way or the other.  Only the inside experts might know where his head is actually at.  

If I were Ballard, I’d be talking to my pro scouting department and making some phone calls.

I am sure Ballard has both oars in the water. But there are 30 other teams who may be looking to.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am sure Ballard has both oars in the water. But there are 30 other teams who may be looking to.

I wonder what the waiver claim pecking order is.   Any idea?  

If based on current standings, Colts would be pretty high on the list. They might be as high as 4th, so maybe only three teams could make the claim in front of them?

2 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I wonder what the waiver claim pecking order is.   Any idea?  

If based on current standings, Colts would be pretty high on the list. They might be as high as 4th, so maybe only three teams could make the claim in front of them?

its based on standings so the colts will be high on the list

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

its based on standings so the colts will be high on the list

correct, but I do believe if a team claims a player, they drop to the bottom of the waiver list.  Pretty sure we've claimed at least one this year but I could be totally wrong

edit: I stand corrected.

"You might be used to the waiver process in your fantasy football league. The NFL waiver process is different in that the No. 1 team can claim as many players from waivers as they want, and they retain priority. The Browns essentially get first dibs on every player. They will stay in that position through Week 3 of the regular season."

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/9/2/16247806/nfl-waiver-wire-rules-interesting-claim-targets-order-eagles-philadelphia-cuts-news-how-it-works

Seems like a dummie to me.  I'd pass

The Atlanta Falcons have waived cornerback Jalen Collins, the team announced Tuesday.

Collins was suspended for the first 10 games of the regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Collins started in Super Bowl LI against the New England Patriots.

His suspension marked the second consecutive year Collins violated the same policy. He served a four-game suspension without pay at the beginning of last season.

If he commits a third PED violation, Collins would be suspended for at least two years, according to the league's policy. He would then be permitted to apply for reinstatement to the commissioner after 24 months.

ESPN's Vaughn McClure contributed to this report

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21506596/atlanta-falcons-waive-jalen-collins-suspension-ends