Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A public service announcement for your friendly neighborhood CR91

CR91

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This year will not be a Pagano thing.

This is a......    we don't have Andrew Luck thing....

We're going to lose this year without him and starting Tolzein....

so andrew luck is not going to play this season is that what your saying.

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Oh I thought it brought you to BlindLosers.com

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

I need a new computer I think. I typed in forum.colts.com and it took me straight to dramaqueens.com. Darn it.

actually its dontfeedthetroll.net/clickbait

4 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

so andrew luck is not going to play this season is that what your saying.

No.     Not at all.

But I am saying that whenever Luck isn't playing....     we're likely going to lose.   

My rough guess is that Luck misses the first two weeks.      I'd expect us to look bad and be 0-2 heading into week 3....

Sorry for any confusion....

32 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.     Not at all.

But I am saying that whenever Luck isn't playing....     we're likely going to lose.   

My rough guess is that Luck misses the first two weeks.      I'd expect us to look bad and be 0-2 heading into week 3....

Sorry for any confusion....

Interesting stat. We're 6-4 in the last ten games luck didn't play

This isn't the Polian/Dungy/Manning Colts that turned it one once September came.

These are the Pagano Colts who struggle with the same issues in the regular season that they struggled with in the preseason, and even struggled with in the season before the preseason. Things that should be easily addressed and cleaned up are legacy issues with this team. So many players just look listless, and behind fundamentally. There's no marked improvement from the things we have struggled with for so long.

That's not good no matter if it's the preseason or not.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Interesting stat. We're 6-4 in the last ten games luck didn't play

I dot't think it's interesting,   I think it's misleading.

9 of those 10 games were with Matt Hasselbeck as the QB.

The 10th was with Scott Tolzein.

The two games we play at the start of the season are on the road in Los Angeles and then back at home, but against Arizona.

That feels like an 0-2 start to me.

8 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I'm not sure why things are so dire. What was the expectation? 

i was hoping they wouldnt look like they will be in the running for a top 5-10 pick

this preseason has shown us that our depth is bad compared to playoff teams from last year

our margin for error is small, if any of luck, ty or kelly miss games, we likely lose and we are only a borderline playoff team at full health 

The two games we play at the start of the season are on the road in Los Angeles and then back at home, but against Arizona.

Hasselbeck was also 40 and couldn't throw a pass past 20 yards. There is nothing to indicate luck will miss the season opener and until we know for a fact he's not playing, I don't see the point of worrying about it.

20 hours ago, southwest1 said:

TK24 was making a rhetorical statement about how this forum will react should we start out with early loses when games really matter Jason. Please tell me you're not that naive. Unbelievable. 

What does naivete have to do with my comment on TK's statement?  Yes, I know exactly what he was saying, that a portion of the forum will have a meltdown if Tolzien is the starter and the Colts go 0-2 with him.  My point....if Tolzien is the starter then what do you expect to happen?  Yeah...if Tolzien starts the first 2 games the Colts will likely lose.  Anyone who would have expected different can only blame themselves for unrealistic expectations.

I know; I know you'll reply with some foolish statement of what else can we do right? Roll with the hand we have been dealt. 

Apparently you don't know as much as you think you do.

And once again, Pagano will get a pass for our backup's play, just watch. It's gonna happen. 

Ok.  I'm watching.

One of the games was with Josh Freeman/Ryan Lindley

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Hasselbeck was also 40 and couldn't throw a pass past 20 yards. There is nothing to indicate luck will miss the season opener and until we know for a fact he's not playing, I don't see the point of worrying about it.

We see the same thing differently.

I think there is EVERYTHING to indicate that Luck will miss some of the season.      For instance,  Irsay spent most of the summer publicly saying Luck will be ready week one.      Have you noticed that Irsay doesn't say that anymore?     Why is that?       Because he knows it's highly unlikely that Luck will be ready.     

I'm not worried about it.     I'm just trying to prepare fans here who ARE worried about it.     Hope for the best,  but be ready for the worst.     

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

We see the same thing differently.

I think there is EVERYTHING to indicate that Luck will miss some of the season.      For instance,  Irsay spent most of the summer publicly saying Luck will be ready week one.      Have you noticed that Irsay doesn't say that anymore?     Why is that?       Because he knows it's highly unlikely that Luck will be ready.     

I'm not worried about it.     I'm just trying to prepare fans here who ARE worried about it.     Hope for the best,  but be ready for the worst.     

Teams wanna be discrete about player injuries especially if that player is Andrew Luck. It wouldn't surprise me if Ballard told Irsay to not be so forthcoming about giving news about Andrew.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Teams wanna be discrete about player injuries especially if that player is Andrew Luck. It wouldn't surprise me if Ballard told Irsay to not be so forthcoming about giving news about Andrew.

it wouldnt come from ballard, but irasy or the media would be giving us something to go on

we pretty much have nothing from them on the matter

Just now, aaron11 said:

it wouldnt come from ballard, but irasy or the media would be giving us something to go on

we pretty much have nothing from them on the matter

And that is not the least bit surprising. No team wants to discuss their injuried players. It's not just us. Panthers wouldn't even confirm last year that cam had a concussion after the broncos game even though it was plainly obvious.

15 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i was hoping they wouldnt look like they will be in the running for a top 5-10 pick

this preseason has shown us that our depth is bad compared to playoff teams from last year

our margin for error is small, if any of luck, ty or kelly miss games, we likely lose and we are only a borderline playoff team at full health 

I get that and I see how that is a concern. We have some depth issues behind our elite players. I would say that so do many teams.

What is:GB without Rogers

: NO without Brees 

:Oak without Carr

I think we can win without TY or Kelly.

Get Luck back and this is a top 8 offence gauranteed. It's rediculous how underrated he is. Healthy Luck makes Indy dangerous. One could argue there are few teams we can't beat with him at the helm. 

If they say he's already stronger than last year I'm willing to wait a see whenever he gets on the field. That's is really promising. If we go 0-2  before he steps in I still think we can go 10-4 the rest of the way. We have never seen Andrew Luck with this much experience fully healthy. Last year he was lacking full arm strength and he had one of his best years. If he misses time to get %100, I'm excited. He will be important when he gets back. Wait. This is a QB that had 3, 11 win seasons to start his career.