Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Random Draft Thoughts Thread

Not sure id there is one of these yet, but I'm going to put this out there because I tend to have spontaneous thoughts that have nothing to do with any other topic but also don't really have the pop that is necessary for it's own thread. Feel free to put any ideas here that you may have as well!!!

Here's my first thought:

What if we trade our third round pick to Tennessee for Derrick Henry? Alright, hear me out. Henry is yet again slated to be the backup running back to Demarco Murray this season, and as you can read here, Henry is somewhat secluding himself from the team. On our side of things, this completely solves our need for a young running back. Henry is a dynamic, young playmaker who just isn't getting the opportunities he wants in Tennessee. What do you guys think?

35 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Not sure id there is one of these yet, but I'm going to put this out there because I tend to have spontaneous thoughts that have nothing to do with any other topic but also don't really have the pop that is necessary for it's own thread. Feel free to put any ideas here that you may have as well!!!

Here's my first thought:

What if we trade our third round pick to Tennessee for Derrick Henry? Alright, hear me out. Henry is yet again slated to be the backup running back to Demarco Murray this season, and as you can read here, Henry is somewhat secluding himself from the team. On our side of things, this completely solves our need for a young running back. Henry is a dynamic, young playmaker who just isn't getting the opportunities he wants in Tennessee. What do you guys think?

I'm not big on Henry as others I guess. I think there was a reason he didn't overtake Murray in Tennessee. Just doesn't make guys miss for my taste. That said I wouldn't give up any picks....maybe if Dorset is on his way out we swap?? I like Dorset but if he is being phased out it could be a win win for a lose situation on both sides.

Random Draft Thought: I have believed that Dalvin Cook will fall into Round 2 since the combine.  The guy has character concerns (three arrests and a huge posse with some bad dudes), injury concerns (three shoulder surgeries), and athletic concerns (no RB with as unathletic a combine profile has been drafted in Round 1 since like 2003).  Any one of these concerns could disqualify him for the #15 pick, and with all three he falls from the 1st.  The Boulevard of Broken NFL Dreams is littered with great college runners who had issues like Cook's.

•  

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Random Draft Thought: I have believed that Dalvin Cook will fall into Round 2 since the combine.  The guy has character concerns (three arrests and a huge posse with some bad dudes), injury concerns (three shoulder surgeries), and athletic concerns (no RB with as unathletic a combine profile has been drafted in Round 1 since like 2003).  Any one of these concerns could disqualify him for the #15 pick, and with all three he falls from the 1st.  The Boulevard of Broken NFL Dreams is littered with great college runners who had issues like Cooks'.

•  

I agree. My opinions on the top running backs have changed since the combine. I went up on McCaffrey and down on Cook. A little lower on Fournette too. Throw in the character red flags, poor athletic testing, and a lesser valued position in the modern NFL, and I can see Cook dropping. 

In the RB class right now I like Kamara and McCaffrey the best, with Fournette a close third. Cook perhaps 4th, Mixon 5th, and maybe Foreman 6th. 

My thought regarding our team is that I really want us to make moves to improve our ability to run the football. Running back, offensive line... Find some way to run the football well, please! Ryan Kelly's play at center I think was a big part of why we were better in the trenches in '16 than '15 and ran the football better overall, but it's still not to the level we need to be IMO.

5 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

In the RB class right now I like Kamara and McCaffrey the best, with Fournette a close third. Cook perhaps 4th, Mixon 5th, and maybe Foreman 6th. 

I go: Fournette, McCaffrey, Mixon, Kamara, Mack, Cook

Got another one.  Random Draft Thought: Really not a fan of Jordan Willis.  Tuned in to a K-State game late in the year, and was not impressed at all.  Didn't seem to do much at all.  No great pass rushes.  Didn't even look particularly athletically to me.  He was great at his workouts, and I'm left wondering why someone that athletic couldn't do anything on the field.  I've seen a very small sample of his work, but he should have been much more productive given his athletic ability.  I wouldn't have him high on my list...

13 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

The Titans aren't trading Henry. Not for a 3rd. He will be a beast behind their o-line. 

I would go the other way on that.  I think the Titans could not accept an offer of a 3rd round pick for their back-up, supposedly disgruntled running back fast enough.  They would leap at the chance to take that offer. 

24 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I would go the other way on that.  I think the Titans could not accept an offer of a 3rd round pick for their back-up, supposedly disgruntled running back fast enough.  They would leap at the chance to take that offer. 

I disagree. Would make no sense to get rid of him. He's a physical freak. 

3 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

So far he has been a freak and a beast.  But no team is offering a 3rd round or better pick for him.  See Trent Richardson.

10 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

A physical freak that sits the bench...I could see them risking it for a pick.  They have there #1 back in Murray who was tops among RB's last year.  Who cares about the back-up guy.  Take the pick and turn it into a possible STARTER!

36 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

So far he has been a freak and a beast.  But no team is offering a 3rd round or better pick for him.  See Trent Richardson.

His measurables are closer to Fournettes than they are Richardsons. 

31 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

A physical freak that sits the bench...I could see them risking it for a pick.  They have there #1 back in Murray who was tops among RB's last year.  Who cares about the back-up guy.  Take the pick and turn it into a possible STARTER!

I just don't see them getting rid of him, think they start to use him more this year. 

We'll see soon though. 

6 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I just don't see them getting rid of him, think they start to use him more this year. 

We'll see soon though. 

I do not see this happening at all either.  My comment was just for sake of argument and opinion if this were to I guess.