Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Colts REALLY trying to win a SB with Luck?

bluephantom87

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The correct answer to me at the moment is the Colts are trying to win the AFC South again. Baby steps peeps. Once we win the AFC South we can worry about another playoff win and see where it carries us.

We declined like poop the last few years so lets not ask for miracles just yet.

I think the premise of this topic is completely wrong. To summarily dismiss the players that Mr. Ballard has brought in as "second tier" ignores the fact that many of them played on very good defenses behind very good players. It also ignores the fact that for some of them a new system and a different role for which they have been selected may cause a huge leap in their respective success. The Colts have also gotten a lot younger and faster with these pick ups which should also not be ignored. The comments regarding coach Pagano that Jim Irsay made are simply reflective of a recognition that a coach must do with what he has. Grigson got canned and the coach is still the coach which gives an idea as to what the owner thinks. The additional impact players that the author of this topic wants pretty much always come from the draft. Top players are hard to come by and teams don't give them up without a reason.

Some people don't understand that you can only do what you can do. You don't get to just go out and have your pick of the litter. There are 32 teams going after these guys and so sometimes you just miss out and never really had a chance.

Ballard brought in quite a few top players, like Poe and Minter. But for whatever reason they chose to sign elsewhere. I felt like he put a lot of effort into what he's done so far and done well. We need playmaker but we don't only need playmakers, we also just need solid depth. I think Jabaal Sheard was a big signing. I like Simon a lot. I also like Aiken. I think they will make a lot of plays for us. We just have to wait and see and criticizing Ballard is meaningless when his team isn't complete, hasn't had a draft yet or taken the field for as much as a single practice together. Slow down.

I think that's what he meant when he said build thru the draft. Add quality pieces in free agency but we need to add our cornerstones thru the draft. It's gonna take a couple of years, we just fired our GM so it's not like we are in the best shape. But I like his approach. He's hoarding cap space because he is waiting for the right guy.

On 4/1/2017 at 9:29 PM, Jason_S said:

You say that like its a bad thing.

That was over a week ago. True God wants all of us to be child like at heart. But we don't need to bash ppl. I'm over it now. Others problems to worry about.