Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Haason Reddick

I really like this guy, he might not really have a set position in the NFL but he looks like the flexible type of play maker who would make a difference to us.

He seems to fall in between our picks though and I don't think I'd ever take him at 14/15. What are the general thoughts on him and is there any chance at all that he's available when we pick in the second?

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I really like him as an ILB who can blitz on occasion and has decent range to cover when asked. Indy may have to trade up to the early 2nd to get him. He's my favorite ILB prospect outside of Foster. 

I've been dreaming of a situation where we somehow got Foster in the 1st and then Reddick in the second. Can't see a way it could possibly happen though sadly.

7 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I really like him as an ILB who can blitz on occasion and has decent range to cover when asked. Indy may have to trade up to the early 2nd to get him. He's my favorite ILB prospect outside of Foster. 

^Same. The guy is a playmaker. He came into college a CB, which is why he plays so well in space. I'd there's any way we could end up with him in the 2nd, I'd be pumped.

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I don't think it makes sense to get both since they are both ILB prospects. Indy needs to come out with a pure pass rusher and starting caliber CB in rounds 1-3 also. 

In my dream we're getting Ingram and Perry in free agency so that aspect is sorted too. If you're going to dream you might as well make it a good one!

I agree though that if all else remains equal then Foster and Reddick wouldn't make sense.

He's toward the bottom of my 1st round board.    But I'm also sure that others might see him as a high 2nd rounder.

Either way,  seems like a very good, very solid player, who not only makes tackles,  but can rush the QB and can cover tight ends and backs.       That's a quality player.

He's one of my favorites.

Is he still a late first early second after a 4.5 40? I know it hasn't happened yet but he looks like he could run that easily. Also think he's an edge with the unique ability to drop into coverage. He can play ILB but he has pass rush ability. If he tears up the combine meaning runs 4.5 weighs 240-245 benches a good # and has a good vert I'd love him at 14/15 and no way is he there in the second. 

9 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Is he still a late first early second after a 4.5 40? I know it hasn't happened yet but he looks like he could run that easily. Also think he's an edge with the unique ability to drop into coverage. He can play ILB but he has pass rush ability. If he tears up the combine meaning runs 4.5 weighs 240-245 benches a good # and has a good vert I'd love him at 14/15 and no way is he there in the second. 

I hear you but remember that the knock on him is it's all projection. He never played ILB full time at Temple so you kind of have to project how well he'll be able to do it in the NFL. But at the Senior Bowl he did everything you would expect a LB to do. He showed he could cover, and make tackles in space. He'd still be "raw" though. The question becomes how high do you wanna take a raw LB? TJ Green was a raw safety who played the position longer than Reddick did LB and blew up the combine, but we all feel he was drafted too high. Or look at Shaq Thompson. 14/15 is really high for an unfinished product.

11 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I hear you but remember that the knock on him is it's all projection. He never played ILB full time at Temple so you kind of have to project how well he'll be able to do it in the NFL. But at the Senior Bowl he did everything you would expect a LB to do. He showed he could cover, and make tackles in space. He'd still be "raw" though. The question becomes how high do you wanna take a raw LB? TJ Green was a raw safety who played the position longer than Reddick did LB and blew up the combine, but we all feel he was drafted too high. Or look at Shaq Thompson. 14/15 is really high for an unfinished product.

True, but like I said I wouldn't limit him as just an ILB. To me he's an edge in a 3-4 who can cover like a ILB. His get off is arguably the best in the class. Can't argue about his rawness and yes do we gamble at 14/15 but after the combine I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's the BPA at our pick.

13 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

True, but like I said I wouldn't limit him as just an ILB. To me he's an edge in a 3-4 who can cover like a ILB. His get off is arguably the best in the class. Can't argue about his rawness and yes do we gamble at 14/15 but after the combine I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's the BPA at our pick.

That really depends on how much stock our new GM puts into combine numbers TBH. Some scouting teams and GMs tend to stick to the tape. I have no doubt he will rise up the boards with a good combine. But it might mean nothing to CB and his team. 

13 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

6'1" is kind of small for an edge rusher if that's his actual height. I think that's why he was asked to play ILB at the Senior Bowl. Like you said. Combine is key though. I wanna see him in the LB drills. If he does good there and runs a 4.6 40 I'd consider it. He might be Jabril Peppers. A versatile defensive weapon.

48 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

6'1" is kind of small for an edge rusher if that's his actual height. I think that's why he was asked to play ILB at the Senior Bowl. Like you said. Combine is key though. I wanna see him in the LB drills. If he does good there and runs a 4.6 40 I'd consider it. He might be Jabril Peppers. A versatile defensive weapon.

I wouldn't compare him to Peppers,  because he's a safety and Reddick is a linebacker.

The person I'd compare him to is Dustin's favorite from a year or two ago,  UCLA LB, Erik Kendricks, who went to Minnesota in the early 2nd round I think and has done quite well.

Reddick is a little taller and a little heavier than Kendricks.    I'm not sure if he's the athlete that Kendricks was/is, but if he's not,   I suspect he's close enough.    Talented kid.

I don't see Reddick as an OLB,  I see him playing the WILL, inside next to the MIKE, just where Kendricks plays.

On 2/26/2017 at 9:45 AM, ClaytonColt said:

I've been dreaming of a situation where we somehow got Foster in the 1st and then Reddick in the second. Can't see a way it could possibly happen though sadly.

Can't argue with you liking both these guys, but would you really want to draft ILB's with our 1st 2 picks?  I actually doubt that Foster makes it to us.  There's only 3 guys at ILB and then a big drop off.  Reddick is rising, if Foster is gone would you take Reddick at 14

On 2/26/2017 at 9:50 AM, BProland85 said:

I don't think it makes sense to get both since they are both ILB prospects. Indy needs to come out with a pure pass rusher and starting caliber CB in rounds 1-3 also. 

Yeah D needs a lot of work for sure. That's why it wouldn't shock me if they went with an ILB, CB, or Edge in the first.  I'm not sure how big of a drop off in talent their would be after the top 3 edge rushers are gone, you most likely want one that fits the scheme as well.  I like Derek Barnett for example but wonder if he would fit the Colts scheme.  Seems like Tenn moved him around a lot and ran a 4-3.  Same with Thomas would he be more suitable as a 4-3?

Now also I'm not sure if the Colts would take the risk on Tak midway through the first due to the injury.  I really liked him, but I'm not sure how the complexion changes with the injury.  I would still like this pick.

Williams, is he a one trick pony like some think?  I have no clue.  I do think if Foster is around the Colts would pounce on him but I personally don't think he will be. 

In the end I could see them getting the best available CB or possibly go with an interior DL.  My head is about to blow up lol...........

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

No doubt he's not the ideal frame but we as colts fans know that athleticism and technique can make you an elite pass rusher. His frame is Robert Mathis like, his technique needs work but so does every rookie edge. Exactly he'd be a guy a QB as to account for on every play. Is he coming, is he dropping under neath my TE, is taking away the RB? 4.6 would actually disappoint me, he's an elite athlete I want to see him tear the 40 up.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldn't compare him to Peppers,  because he's a safety and Reddick is a linebacker.

The person I'd compare him to is Dustin's favorite from a year or two ago,  UCLA LB, Erik Kendricks, who went to Minnesota in the early 2nd round I think and has done quite well.

Reddick is a little taller and a little heavier than Kendricks.    I'm not sure if he's the athlete that Kendricks was/is, but if he's not,   I suspect he's close enough.    Talented kid.

I don't see Reddick as an OLB,  I see him playing the WILL, inside next to the MIKE, just where Kendricks plays.

The combine will give us the answer but just off of tape I'd bet Hasaan is the better athlete. He can play ILB but thats another adjustment for him as he's been playing DE through his college career. I'm definitely throwing in extra variables like adding weight and runing a blazing 40, but I see a dangerous pass rusher who can drop into a zone or man up on a RB/TE. He plays in space well off the edge and sheds blocks well using deceptive strength. He definitely needs to improve on strength and mass in general but again the combine will soon tell all. 

4 hours ago, BigHen said:

Can't argue with you liking both these guys, but would you really want to draft ILB's with our 1st 2 picks?  I actually doubt that Foster makes it to us.  There's only 3 guys at ILB and then a big drop off.  Reddick is rising, if Foster is gone would you take Reddick at 14

For definite but only if we solve the edge issue through free agency. 

I agree though that they're both probably going to go before we get to them.

7 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Is there enough talent in this draft to consider trading back in the first, and picking up another early round pick?

Or, is it imperative we stick at 14/15?

I know it's not up to us, but just wondering about other's opinions.

For our specific needs I'd personally say yes it is deep enough to get a nice player in the mid 20s. If a blue chip is there then we have to stay of course but I wouldn't mind getting an extra 2nd. 

14 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Wasn't Mathis also "undersized"

14 hours ago, BigHen said:

Yes