Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm begging the football Gods make this happen

danlhart87

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-trade-rumors-houston-texans-denver-broncos-chicago-bears-undisputed-skip-bayless-012017

“I don’t like just the draft picks. Where Dallas is, they have a lot of good young players. So I like an established player. And if you trade him to Houston, I would try to get one of their defensive players. And I would try to pull off a deal for J.J. Watt,” Carter said on “Undisputed” on Thursday. “That’s what i would try to do. That would be the deal that I’d be going for with Jerry (Jones). I’d try to get J.J. Watt. Clowney’s established himself, J.J. Watt’s got a bad back, how long is he going to be able to play at that level? And also I would take Dallas’ draft pick and Tony Romo and trade them to Houston for J.J. Watt, and bring him to Jerry World.”

The other owners will make Jerry Jones blink, dare him to keep Romo and in the end, Jerry Jones will end up cutting Romo by the beginning of June.

Romo, being the vet he is, will easily get enough interviews and catch on to most offenses even if he enters a new team in the middle of June.

41 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

There is literally no way in hell they will trade Watt for an old broken Romo! If I was Houston and Jerry asked for him I'd tell him to kiss my ***.

Bluntness is such an under utilized asset these days. I like regulars who tell me exactly where they stand. 

I ran out of likes CF12. Therefore, I will give you 4 thumbs up instead. :thmup::thmup::thmup::thmup: 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-trade-rumors-houston-texans-denver-broncos-chicago-bears-undisputed-skip-bayless-012017

“I don’t like just the draft picks. Where Dallas is, they have a lot of good young players. So I like an established player. And if you trade him to Houston, I would try to get one of their defensive players. And I would try to pull off a deal for J.J. Watt,” Carter said on “Undisputed” on Thursday. “That’s what i would try to do. That would be the deal that I’d be going for with Jerry (Jones). I’d try to get J.J. Watt. Clowney’s established himself, J.J. Watt’s got a bad back, how long is he going to be able to play at that level? And also I would take Dallas’ draft pick and Tony Romo and trade them to Houston for J.J. Watt, and bring him to Jerry World.”

Cris Carter is wrong when he says Clowney has established himself in my estimation. 

I need to see JD remain healthy & be just as dominant next yr too, before I would go 'Okay, Clowney has officially arrived & I can count on him for 16 weeks minimum first. 

Plus, JJ is a freaking beloved icon in Houston. The City loves that man because JJ was their only bright spot for awhile as a pass rusher & defacto TE. 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

That's the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard. No way under the sun. Maybe a trade straight up for ol Wizzard of Ozweiler....but not Watt. Skip is an *....he can't cope with the fact Dallas has a poor defense and got exposed. They've played out in front all year but when a good qb has played them they've put up points. I still don't know why they didn't run the ball at the end of the game. They had a time out to spare and Zeke was busting out 8-10 yd runs. They still would have had a shot at the endzone if they made a first down or if short they run the clock to 3 before the fg...poor clock management and coaching...nothing more than that. Its one thing that I think that seperates good from great coaches....but that trade never happens....and I don't think any team is taking on Romo's contract....its going to be a Peyton situation....or he stays in Dallas as the backup.

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Cris Carter is wrong when he says Clowney has established himself in my estimation. 

I need to see JD remain healthy & be just as dominant next yr too, before I would go 'Okay, Clowney has officially arrived & I can count on him for 16 weeks minimum first. 

Plus, JJ is a freaking beloved icon in Houston. The City loves that man because JJ was their only bright spot for awhile as a pass rusher & defacto TE. 

Yeah I think that's the biggest reason.

I would consider that trade if I was Houston. With the addition of Romo, they really could be Super Bowl bound. Their defense was still great with out JJ. The QB position is just more important, especially since they already have Clowney. 

Whether he is and icon or not, football is a business; ask Peyton Manning. 

On 1/21/2017 at 9:12 AM, Tsarquise said:

I would consider that trade if I was Houston. With the addition of Romo, they really could be Super Bowl bound. Their defense was still great with out JJ. The QB position is just more important, especially since they already have Clowney. 

Whether he is and icon or not, football is a business; ask Peyton Manning. 

Yeah hopefully they don't get Romo lol.