Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Desmond King is a can't miss if we go CB

3 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

I think know he's fine. I thought King was 5'11. Revis is 5'11.

They are also saying a lot of teams love him at free safety. .He could replace Adams and we could move Geathers to OLB..He could be like Ed Reed at safety with his ball skills, and he is a great tackler. ..Can't go wrong if you pick him...

Teams can list a player at any height they want.      And most take liberty with that.     Always be skeptical of reported height.     Especially in sports like football and basketball.

But at Iowa's 2016 Pro Day, Desmond King was measured out at 5' 10" and a 1/4

Here's his profile:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=127502&draftyear=2017&genpos=CB

Also note the wide range of reported 40 times. 

He's a talent guy and he may have a long career,  but I always thought the Colts preferred taller corners....

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Teams can list a player at any height they want.      And most take liberty with that.     Always be skeptical of reported height.     Especially in sports like football and basketball.

But at Iowa's 2016 Pro Day, Desmond King was measured out at 5' 10" and a 1/4

Here's his profile:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=127502&draftyear=2017&genpos=CB

Also note the wide range of reported 40 times. 

He's a talent guy and he may have a long career,  but I always thought the Colts preferred taller corners....

I like him at free safety...

2017 NFL Draft: Is Florida’s Quincy Wilson The Answer At Cornerback?

First, here’s a sampling of what Campbell had to say about this particular pick. You can see his entire mock draft by clicking here:

“…Wilson would make sense because he would upgrade the Colts' pass coverage immediately.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/2017-NFL-Draft-Is-Florida’s-Quincy-Wilson-The-Answer-At-Cornerback/359ba6e4-1ee1-439a-9a0b-39fe9f292758

12 minutes ago, krunk said:

First, here’s a sampling of what Campbell had to say about this particular pick. You can see his entire mock draft by clicking here:

“…Wilson would make sense because he would upgrade the Colts' pass coverage immediately.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/2017-NFL-Draft-Is-Florida’s-Quincy-Wilson-The-Answer-At-Cornerback/359ba6e4-1ee1-439a-9a0b-39fe9f292758

I was just about to post this....he even had the Colts taking Tim Wlliams in the 2nd.....he's thinking Williams could fall out of the first due to off field issues. etc.

19 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

I was just about to post this....he even had the Colts taking Tim Wlliams in the 2nd.....he's thinking Williams could fall out of the first due to off field issues. etc.

Wouldn't surprise me about Williams.  Although I like Anderson a little better.

25 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a number of these pass rushers are around in the 2nd round.  Many of them to me are 2nd round or low first round guys outside of Barnett and Garett.

2 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

What I like about Quincy is the length, great feet and awareness.  Even when he gets beat his arms are so long he still finds a way to break up the pass.  He could be a bit faster, but I don't recall Sherman being all that fast either.  Sherman is about 4.56 forty and I think Wilson is the same. I could see him doing maybe 4.49 at the combine.  Wilson is just a real big corner who I think will only get better with coaching.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

What I like about Quincy is the length, great feet and awareness.  Even when he gets beat his arms are so long he still finds a way to break up the pass.  He could be a bit faster, but I don't recall Sherman being all that fast either.  Sherman is about 4.56 forty and I think Wilson is the same. I could see him doing maybe 4.49 at the combine.  Wilson is just a real big corner who I think will only get better with coaching.

He seems to play faster than that..Looks fast on film..

6 hours ago, krunk said:

I like Quincy as much as I like Marshon Lattimore. Good players.

3 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I like Quincy as much as I like Marshon Lattimore. Good players.

I like him in pass coverage definitely, but I've seen some games I didn't like when it came to defending the run. Quincy is too big to play the run the way he does.  Needs a good deal of improvement in run support to me.  I saw a number of missed tackles and some hesitancy in places.  I think he can improve though. 

7 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Such a good class for CBs.. I like Adoree too. And Sidney jones looks pretty damn good.

I like this Chidobe Awuzie kid too.  This kid is a battler, he's not afraid to come up and lay a lick, he's quick, smart amongst other things.  He pops on film to me, he ain't afraid of a damn thing.    Wouldn't mind having him on the team. 

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

I like this Chidobe Awuzie kid too.  This kid is a battler, he's not afraid to come up and lay a lick, he's quick, smart amongst other things.  He pops on film to me, he ain't afraid of a damn thing.    Wouldn't mind having him on the team. 

I think Awuzie goes after all the guys we just named. I definitely wouldn't mind having him either.

You know Tennessee is gonna use one of their 1st round picks at CB.. they'll take one of the big names