Houston (+8) @ Denver (10-24-16)

oldunclemark

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Derakynn said:

I'm not really sure how you manage to do that. Is it a fumble if you don't have a grip but still project it like a pass? Guess we will see. 

If he doesn't have control as his arm is going forward, it's a fumble by rule. He didn't so he oopsied with the unforced turnover.

3 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Empty arm going forward is usually a good way to see. Think he raised his arm up to throw, but never moved arm forward with the ball.

Bu the ball went forward propelled by the hand......seems like incomplete to me.

...If his hand was empty..when he began to throw it...how did the ball go forward/

see what I'm saying..it had to be a pass

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Bu the ball went forward propelled by the hand......seems like incomplete to me.

...If his hand was empty..when he began to throw it...how did the ball go forward/

see what I'm saying..it had to be a pass

Afraid that's not how physics works, particularly with an oddly shaped object like a football. His arm had yet to go forward, even though the ball did because of how it slipped out of his grip. Le fumbles.

4 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

Afraid that's not how physics works, particularly with an oddly shaped object like a football. His arm had yet to go forward, even though the ball did because of how it slipped out of his grip. Le fumbles.

Not possible. The ball is stationary in his hands..for it to go forward..he has to throw it.

He wasn't hit and he wasn't touched..

He threw it...there is no other possible reason for the ball to go forward 5 yards

so Brock says he signed with Houston without ever meeting the GM..or visiting the facility

Of course he did. He signed with Houston to spite Elway and to prove a point. Of course the only point he's proved is that Elway was right.

Sky, they've got better players than they're showing...Colts outplayed them, too

They should have fired O'Brien. Signing Brock shows that he needs to produce this year or he gets fired. They weren't going to give him a project rookie QB as an excuse. 

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Sky, they've got better players than they're showing...Colts outplayed them, too

They are statistically one of, if not the worst team in every offensive category this year. Their offense is just as bad as the Colts defense. It is what it is, and that's hilariously bad. Their average of 18 points per game is just laughable.

I think O'Brien at times has done pretty well since the Texans have had a lot of different QBs and a lot of injuries too.

Problem is........they are not that great either as a team. Hell they might still win the division but then again winning the South doesn't mean much to me anymore.

What a difference a week makes. Us beating the Titans was a big win! I was looking at the Texans schedule and they play the Lions, at Jags, Raiders, Chargers, and at Packers then us here in Indy in that order. Brock just isn't that good and they could easily lose at least 3 or 4 of those games. Lions are capable of beating them if Stafford shreds them. I am glad we play them again and it's in Indy. Last week was a fluke and everyone knows it and the season is far from over. If we beat KC next week I will feel really good. As of now the Standings are tight again:

Texans 4-3

Colts 3-4

Titans 3-4

Jags 2-4

Does anyone really want to see Brock in the Playoffs without JJ Watt, that team will get smoked again no matter who they play. Their Offense is dull. At least we have Andrew Luck and with him the Colts always have a chance because they can score a bunch of points.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I think O'Brien at times has done pretty well since the Texans have had a lot of different QBs and a lot of injuries too.

Problem is........they are not that great either as a team. Hell they might still win the division but then again winning the South doesn't mean much to me anymore.

Winning the AFC South is basically the competency award at this point. Congratulations! You're mediocre and kind of know what you're doing!

Just now, SkyBane said:

Winning the AFC South is basically the competency award at this point. Congratulations! You're mediocre and kind of know what you're doing!

NFC South might be worse this year since the Falcons now decided to turn back into the Falcons of old again. Since all the teams in that division are BAD on defense, like epic bad. Brees has been lights out this year too and his defense and special teams have been horrible.

I actually think the Bucs have a shot to win it now lol. lmao I think that might be kinda cool though if it happens.

Just now, krunk said:

Broncos are bringing pressure in this 4th quarter. Exactly what we should have been doing to close things out against Houston.

Yeah, Brock can't handle the pressure at all. He's the weakest player on a bad offense, and pushing him when he has to make a play is just a recipe for disaster for Houston.

Brock may not turn it over as much but once the newness wore off, the Broncos knew what they had. Elway now feels he dodged a bullet bidding up to $16 mil. per year and the Texans are getting shafted for overbidding now.

Elway could have played hard ball like the Jets did with Fitzpatrick because the Jets were not willing to fork more than $12 mil. for him, rightfully so. In retrospect, Elway's offer was generous to Brock. Brock did not want to handle the pressure of playing for a SB champ and following Peyton, it is becoming obvious to me now. Thus the pressure was off Siemian when he stepped in, to be honest. No one expected much from him and he is just making enough plays to give his O and D a chance in every game he has played.

If not for Siemian's injury, the Broncos could be undefeated, IMO.

2 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

Oh lawd, 131 yards on 41 attempts. 3.1 ypp. That's legendarily bad from Brock.

To be honest, 107 before the last garbage time drive. Luck had 197 yards in a meaningful game throughout and at least had the Broncos fans on the edge of their seats till the pick six happened.