Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston (+8) @ Denver (10-24-16)

oldunclemark

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

To be honest, 107 before the last garbage time drive. Luck had 197 yards in a meaningful game and at least had the Broncos fans on the edge of their seats till the pick six happened. 

It's the yards per pass that's so brutal. On average, 3 Ossweiler passes would not even net you a first down tonight. That's like if instead of passing, they just handed the ball off to TRich every time they would pass. It's mind boggling how bad that ypp is.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SkyBane said:

It's the yards per pass that's so brutal. On average, 3 Ossweiler passes would not even net you a first down tonight. That's like if instead of passing, they just handed the ball off to TRich every time they would pass. It's mind boggling how bad that ypp is.

He was throwing the ball early......just so he wouldnt get sacked..

completions were almost a second thought

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

And he avoided certain throws because he didn't want to throw an INT. He played like he wanted to get back on the plane with his ego intact and nothing else.

Just saw that this was the lowest YPA in history for over 40 attempts. 

It's not even the completion percentage that's so awful. He averaged only 3 yards every time he dropped back to pass. That's one of the worst marks in NFL history. There is literally no point in even trying to pass at that point, because it's lower risk and higher reward just to hand it off.

2 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

It's not even the completion percentage that's so awful. He averaged only 3 yards every time he dropped back to pass. That's one of the worst marks in NFL history. There is literally no point in even trying to pass at that point, because it's lower risk and higher reward just to hand it off.

Is not the percentage..he gave himself one look and then he ashcanned the play.

Your WRs don't run routes when you do that.

I wonder if the team is demoralized with JJ Watt out..this was to be their year

4 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

I saw on twitter that it was the worst ever for over 40 attempts. 

1 minute ago, Bogie said:

(Can't delete these quotes for some reason) 

Yep against your team. 

You know why that was the case if you watched the game. He started the same way against us that he looked today but we had injuries so he was able to get those short completions and let his receivers do the work on a bad defense. 

You are the one that said he was the real deal and would outperform Siemian and make Denver regret their decision that was just ridiculous to say against this dominant defense.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets see how the game goes in Indy and you wont ever admit it but last week was a fluke. Lamar Miller was the MVP of that game clearly. Brock was terrible for 3 QTRs

Brock had an almost identical game vs NE last year for Denver as he did vs Indy. Rubbish until 5 minutes left then somehow win the game. Good company to be in. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets see how the game goes in Indy and you wont ever admit it but last week was a fluke. Lamar Miller was the MVP of that game clearly. Brock was terrible for 3 QTRs

I won't ever admit it? That's ironic coming from you. 

Dude, your team has barely beaten the Chargers, Bears, and Titans...Colts aren't world beaters by any means. 

Texans are due to get a sweep over the Colts. Last year they beat them in Indy, I wouldn't be shocked if it happens again. 

And yes, he played bad for 3 quarters but still won the game. That's all that counts. Getting that win, even in ugly situations. Brock was clutch against the Colts, and I don't think you'll ever admit that. 

5 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

I think it's telling that the Colts defense made Ossweiler look competent. It truly highlights just how inept the Colts defense is.

Rashaan Melvin was starting on the outside as we had Robinson out and Butler went out mid game and that had something to do with it but yes it shows how bad our defense is. Brock was throwing short against us as well and we just had missed tackles in the fourth quarter.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

You know why that was the case if you watched the game. He started the same way against us that he looked today but we had injuries so he was able to get those short completions and let his receivers do the work on a bad defense. 

You are the one that said he was the real deal and would outperform Siemian and make Denver regret their decision that was just ridiculous to say against this dominant defense.

And, your point? I don't get paid for sports opinions. I'm wrong just as much as you are. This is the internet pal, no one has arcane knowledge about everything on here. 

You lost to Brock, and I know you guys are sore losers and will never admit it, but he beat you in the clutch. Move on. 

If that was Andrew Luck having some come back with an ugly 3 quarters, this board would be going off how he's the next best QB to play the game. But when it's a Texans QB, oh, Colts defense is just bad...Oh, he sucks...Oh, it was a fluke. 

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

And all the games were on the road as well

They have had a tough schedule I do admit. 

I still won't say Houston is "done" since if you look at who they lost to this year it was not easy at all. 

Houston isn't done until they start losing to average to bad teams......

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I would have to think so.....

They have far more offensive talent than they have shown...

,,and they get to play the Titans and Jax, too

This isn't a valid narrative when through 7 games, they have put up some of the worst numbers in the NFL, and are arguably the worst offense in football. The Texans offense is simply inept, and any wins they get down the road will be in spite of it.

1 minute ago, Bogie said:

I won't ever admit it? That's ironic coming from you. 

Dude, your team has barely beaten the Chargers, Bears, and Titans...Colts aren't world beaters by any means. 

Texans are due to get a sweep over the Colts. Last year they beat them in Indy, I wouldn't be shocked if it happens again. 

And yes, he played bad for 3 quarters but still won the game. That's all that counts. Getting that win, even in ugly situations. Brock was clutch against the Colts, and I don't think you'll ever admit that. 

I seriously doubt they beat us in Indy, I would bet on it even. That isn't happening 2 years in a row. You can hope it happens but Andrew isn't losing to Brock and a Houston team without Watt at home.

Just now, Bogie said:

And, your point? I don't get paid for sports opinions. I'm wrong just as much as you are. This is the internet pal, no one has arcane knowledge about everything on here. 

You lost to Brock, and I know you guys are sore losers and will never admit it, but he beat you in the clutch. Move on. 

If that was Andrew Luck having some come back with an ugly 3 quarters, this board would be going off how he's the next best QB to play the game. But when it's a Texans QB, oh, Colts defense is just bad...Oh, he sucks...Oh, it was a fluke. 

Luck has had several games like Brock had vs. the Colts.

Lets just move on. NBA starts tomorrow!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I still see Oakland (5-2) at Denver (5-2) ......4:25.....on New Years Day..in the regular season finale....

I still hope it's KC who wins the West. 

But, this is going to be very very tough in this division with 3 teams who might be able to make the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

This isn't a valid narrative when through 7 games, they have put up some of the worst numbers in the NFL, and are arguably the worst offense in football. The Texans offense is simply inept, and any wins they get down the road will be in spite of it.

inept doesn't mean not talented......7 games is short sample size when folks are new, right?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's coming, I can the Lions beating them.

I don't think the Lions are that bad but I would not bet on it either.........

Since the Lions are pretty good on offense. They are not a playoff team though so correct there.

inept doesn't mean not talented......7 games is short sample size when folks are new, right?

No it's not. By 7 weeks in the NFL, you are what you are, and the Texans are a bad offensive football team. Barring some miraculous turnaround, Houston will be entirely reliant on their defense to carry them the rest of the way this year, and then it will be time to reevaluate the offense (and likely fire at least a coordinator or two).