Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On the eve of the first ever Colts game in Europe

Gyworks

Became diehard lifelong Colts fan in 2004 when Manning and the Colts put up galactic numbers and torched opponents in the regular season. 

It was the first year that NFL games were available on TV in Hungary, my small country oversees.
Unfortunately it was also a time when Brady and Belichik ruled the playoffs so I still have to face a lot of arrogant Pats fans over here with jerseys in the wrong blue color. 
Nevertheless, just to give you an idea: soccer being the most popular sport in Hungary, the championship game of our tiny american football league draws a larger crowd than the total of the 8 soccer games in a regular game day of our national league. 
I couldn't make it to London this weekend, my heart broke, feel devestated.
Been reading this forum and other Colts blogs for many years and somehow the time has come to become more active in posting.
One last thing I wanted to tell you. Part of it me becoming so fond of the Colts were you guys. The optimism, the supportive attitude and the patience toward the team, it was clearly perceptible not only in the Colts organization since the Dungy years but also in its fandom. I always though that these traits clearly distinguish the Colts fans from those of all other 31 teams and honestly from anything we used to see here in Europe where the popular soccer teams change their coaches every other year. I recognize the tone has become more unpatient around here recently also, I mean these complaint threads dedicated to Pags and Grigs pinned on the forum... but maybe it's a good thing to contain our sudden emotions and reactions. However I promise I'll try to keep my cool even in difficult times, rather put away my anger by means of humor and irony so that our message boards remain indeed smarter and more sensible than those of any other team.
Can't wait to chat with you guys on this forum and Go Colts in the Wembley!

Welcome! What a nice post.

Indeed we've had some frustrated fans the past couple of years.  When people create the same threads all the time we sometimes decide to pin a thread so the boards don't get over run with the same topic created over and over again.  It irritates people

Sorry you could not make the game! Guess you'll have to plan a trip here instead.  Home games are the best!

I became a Colts fan in 1984 when they came to Indy & took up residence in the Hoosier Dome later renamed The RCA Dome .

We had many up & down seasons eventually we had our first really good season that year Jim Harbaugh became our starting QB  we called him Captain Comeback & our Colts that season the Cardiac Colts it was a thrill ride till the very last play of the AFC Championship Game in 3 Rivers Stadium that year Indiana became a Football State for real it was awesome .

this is a link that you may enjoy ..

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/COLTS-SEASON-IN-REVIEW--1995/03f1e9a8-74d7-48cd-9023-dce191257e68

Peyton Manning drafted in 1998 was seen as our next great hope & he did'nt disappoint but he did get off to a slow start .

Now with Andrew Luck I feel we are once again in great hands as in 98 our future looks bright ..

21 hours ago, Nadine said:

Welcome! What a nice post.

Indeed we've had some frustrated fans the past couple of years.  When people create the same threads all the time we sometimes decide to pin a thread so the boards don't get over run with the same topic created over and over again.  It irritates people

Sorry you could not make the game! Guess you'll have to plan a trip here instead.  Home games are the best!

Thanks a lot. Being over 40, having to feed a family it doesn't look to make a trip to Indy, at least not this life maybe the next one. But meanwhile I'll never miss a game, thank God for the Game Pass.

21 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I became a Colts fan in 1984 when they came to Indy & took up residence in the Hoosier Dome later renamed The RCA Dome .

We had many up & down seasons eventually we had our first really good season that year Jim Harbaugh became our starting QB  we called him Captain Comeback & our Colts that season the Cardiac Colts it was a thrill ride till the very last play of the AFC Championship Game in 3 Rivers Stadium that year Indiana became a Football State for real it was awesome .

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/COLTS-SEASON-IN-REVIEW--1995/03f1e9a8-74d7-48cd-9023-dce191257e68

Peyton Manning drafted in 1998 was seen as our next great hope & he did'nt disappoint but he did get off to a slow start .

Now with Andrew Luck I feel we are once again in great hands as in 98 our future looks bright ..

Thanks a lot. Though I became a fan in 2004 I read everything I could on NFL and Colts history. Ordered from the States and read books from Polian, Dungy, HunterS and of course the Bible with the 100 things Colts fans need to know. Though it was not easy to get them here in Hungary but I even read some of the books Andrew endorsed in his book club so I'm really greatful for any more tips for some good read on the Colts and football.

2 hours ago, Gyworks said:

Thanks a lot. Though I became a fan in 2004 I read everything I could on NFL and Colts history. Ordered from the States and read books from Polian, Dungy, HunterS and of course the Bible with the 100 things Colts fans need to know. Though it was not easy to get them here in Hungary but I even read some of the books Andrew endorsed in his book club so I'm really greatful for any more tips for some good read on the Colts and football.

I have been a fan since 1984. Some great history regarding our team here in Indianapolis = the Colts moved to Indianapolis before the 1984 Season. To me the key seasons are the AFC Title Game appearances, SB appearances, and SB wins. All that matters is the Playoffs around here:

AFC Title Game appearances - 1995, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014 (5)

SB appearances - 2006, 2009 (2)

SB wins - 2006 (1)

*Jim Harbaugh as QB led the Colts to the AFC Title Game in 1995 and was 1 play away from the SB as we lost a hard fought game at Pittsburgh 20-16. That was a very fun season because Harbaugh brought the element surprise and had a knack of pulling games out in the clutch all season!

*Peyton Manning made 3 AFC Title Games in 2003, 2006, and 2009. Winning 2 in 2006 and 2009. In the 2003 AFC Title Game the Colts lost to Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots in Foxboro. In 2006 the Colts defeated Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots in the 2006 AFC Title Game and then went on to defeat the Bears in SB41 to capture the Lombardi! In 2009 the Colts defeated Rex Ryan's Jets in the AFC Title Game but lost to Drew Brees and the Saints in SB44.

*Andrew Luck as QB led the Colts to the AFC Title Game in 2014. He had a Regular Season where he became only 1 of 8 of QB's in NFL History to throw for at least 40 TD's that season. Colts ended up losing in Foxboro to Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots but still made the Final 4.

-We have had 3 different starting QB's lead us to Title Game appearances in Indianapolis, hopefully Luck can get us SB win #2 here in the future!

On 10/1/2016 at 6:55 AM, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Same here, I became a fan as the Mayflower trucks moved into town, We should consider ourselves blessed having two qb's in Manning and Luck (hopefully 28 years of solid qb play

On 10/1/2016 at 6:55 AM, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Oh the memories. I'll never forget that Pittsburgh game where the receiver went out of bounds and then caught the hail Mary to win the game on the refs missed call. Ugh

That said, I know this is a first for the colts over seas and that the league likes it. I still dont. But my opinion doesn't matter. We have a game to win regardless of where it's at.

Go Colts and to the English colts fans, enjoy the game in person for a change. 

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Oh the memories. I'll never forget that Pittsburgh game where the receiver went out of bounds and then caught the hail Mary to win the game on the refs missed call. Ugh

That said, I know this is a first for the colts over seas and that the league likes it. I still dont. But my opinion doesn't matter. We have a game to win regardless of where it's at.

Go Colts and to the English colts fans, enjoy the game in person for a change. 

I know it wasn't a regular season game but the Colts did play in Tokyo in 2005. Just saying.

I love my Colts its never been easy to be a Colts fan . I always stuck up for Peyton Manning when he was being scummed he has always been special to use fans after so many seasons of heartbreak , I hated losing him it was a sad day my saddest loss as a Colts face we stuck with him thru the bad times & appreciated the good times that much more . My only disappointment was that he chose to retire a Bronco I one of his biggest supporters starting with his last season with the Vols felt like I was kicked in the berries 18 will always be a Colt in my heart I just wish he would have come back to us fans & the City that loved him unconditionally .

I feel that we have been extremely lucky to get Andrew Luck & IMO he is the real deal I expect greatness from 12 just like i did from 18 as a Colts diehard I feel the City & fans will once again enjoy a decade of excellence my biggest hope is that we don't lose 12 like we did 18 & that 12 leads us once again to the top of the heap & wins multiple SB's .:colts: