Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I don't think its quite that fixed.....

.....Boston is better defensively......

..we are a small team physically and so is Cleveland..Lets go head to head right away

If we beat Cleveland in Round 1, I will never say the NBA is fixed again or even altered. I really don't think it's a fixed but it is altered, I have watched long enough to know how goofy the REFS get with their Star players on the best teams lmao 

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To his defense we don't get many calls and last night Henderson was being very dirty.

I watched the few scuffles they had and Henderson started 99.9% of them.  I will say it was kind of dumb on George's part to elbow Henderson in the back the one time running back down on defense but I don't know what I'd do in that situation either.  Pacers need to take care of business against the Hawks and there good.  Hawks might rest players depending if they get locked into that 5 spot.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if my Bulls laid an egg against the Nets.  I can already see it haha.  I am not so sure Miami will beat Washington either, maybe if Washington rests players.  I know they just beat Washington at Washington but Washington couldn't have played any worse.  I am honestly hoping Pacers get 7 and Bulls 8 because we know the Celtics are going to win their last game and the Cavs are resting players again for their last game.  So it could be a 1.Celtics 8. Bulls 2.Cavs 7. Pacers 1st round series.  Anything could happen the next day or two though. 

30 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I watched the few scuffles they had and Henderson started 99.9% of them.  I will say it was kind of dumb on George's part to elbow Henderson in the back the one time running back down on defense but I don't know what I'd do in that situation either.  Pacers need to take care of business against the Hawks and there good.  Hawks might rest players depending if they get locked into that 5 spot.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if my Bulls laid an egg against the Nets.  I can already see it haha.  I am not so sure Miami will beat Washington either, maybe if Washington rests players.  I know they just beat Washington at Washington but Washington couldn't have played any worse.  I am honestly hoping Pacers get 7 and Bulls 8 because we know the Celtics are going to win their last game and the Cavs are resting players again for their last game.  So it could be a 1.Celtics 8. Bulls 2.Cavs 7. Pacers 1st round series.  Anything could happen the next day or two though. 

I know what you are saying, I would much rather play the Celtics than the Cavs. You guys are sitting pretty IMO. Wade is back, Butler is healthy and you will probably finish 8th and avoid LeBron. Pacers will be stuck playing the Cavs because LeBron and crew decided to rest everyone and pull a tank job lmao. I hope it freakin backfires on them and the Pacers come out and steal Game 1 to scare the crap out of them!

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know what you are saying, I would much rather play the Celtics than the Cavs. You guys are sitting pretty IMO. Wade is back, Butler is healthy and you will probably finish 8th and avoid LeBron. Pacers will be stuck playing the Cavs because LeBron and crew decided to rest everyone and pull a tank job lmao. I hope it freakin backfires on them and the Pacers come out and steal Game 1 to scare the crap out of them!

Exactly!  The Cavs still dang near beat the Heat last night.  I was torn, on one hand I wanted Miami eliminated but on the other hand I wanted the Cavs to play the Pacers and not the Bulls.  I guess I could have rooted for Miami to lose last night then the Cavs to rest players again tomorrow and lose to the Raptors?  But that way the Pacers could have purposely lost and got 8.  A lot of different scenarios lol.  I think you're right though, Pacers 7 Bulls 8.  If Boston lays an egg against Milwaukee they could slip out of 1st but they need that #1 seed badly so I don't see that happening.  Unfortunately for the Pacers, they have to win or Miami can get in, in front of them. 

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Exactly!  The Cavs still dang near beat the Heat last night.  I was torn, on one hand I wanted Miami eliminated but on the other hand I wanted the Cavs to play the Pacers and not the Bulls.  I guess I could have rooted for Miami to lose last night then the Cavs to rest players again tomorrow and lose to the Raptors?  But that way the Pacers could have purposely lost and got 8.  A lot of different scenarios lol.  I think you're right though, Pacers 7 Bulls 8.  If Boston lays an egg against Milwaukee they could slip out of 1st but they need that #1 seed badly so I don't see that happening.  Unfortunately for the Pacers, they have to win or Miami can get in, in front of them. 

Best case scenario for the Pacers would be the Heat lose, Bulls win, Celtics win, and the Pacers lose, yes Pacers lose because that would then put the Pacers in the 8th playing the Celtics, Bulls 7th playing the Cavs, and Heat would be out.

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Best case scenario for the Pacers would be the Heat lose, Bulls win, Celtics win, and the Pacers lose, yes Pacers lose because that would then put the Pacers in the 8th playing the Celtics, Bulls 7th playing the Cavs, and Heat would be out.

That's a huge gamble though.  If the Pacers lose and the Heat win it's all over.  They pretty much have to win to control their own destiny unless they get really lucky and both them and the Heat lose. 

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

That's a huge gamble though.  If the Pacers lose and the Heat win it's all over.  They pretty much have to win to control their own destiny unless they get really lucky and both them and the Heat lose. 

I know, too bad the Heat don't play tonight. I think both play at the same time tomorrow. Pacers are going to be stuck with LeBron more than likely. It is what it is. I cant believe a team that is 34,000,000 dollars over the Cap and has player like LeBron cant even get the #1 Seed in the East. They should win 60 games in their sleep.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know, too bad the Heat don't play tonight. I think both play at the same time tomorrow. Pacers are going to be stuck with LeBron more than likely. It is what it is. I cant believe a team that is 34,000,000 dollars over the Cap and has player like LeBron cant even get the #1 Seed in the East. They should win 60 games in their sleep.

I don't disagree, they should have won 60 easily.  Here's a few crazy stats for you.  As a #2 seed LeBron has made it to the Finals all 5 times.  The Cavs are 12-14 since the All Star Break, no team has ever won an NBA finals with a record under .500 after the all star break. 

6 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I don't disagree, they should have won 60 easily.  Here's a few crazy stats for you.  As a #2 seed LeBron has made it to the Finals all 5 times.  The Cavs are 12-14 since the All Star Break, no team has ever won an NBA finals with a record under .500 after the all star break. 

I still think they win the East but the Warriors will beat them in the Finals, JMO.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cavs are a team I would much rather see late in the Playoffs. By the Conference Finals they may have injury and LeBron may even be tired. A lot can happen in the first 2 rounds.

I look at it the other way..

The Cavs have doubts. They will enter the playoffs on a losing streak if LBJ does not play Wednesday.

I think we'll have Glenn Robinson back to help defend the 3-line...

I dont know how healthy Tristan Thompson is

If we get in..we'll have a 5-game win streak...we went to 2 OTs with Cleveland 2  weeks ago.

I think now is the time to get after them

4 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Hawks will be playing the 2nd game in 2 nights.....Pacers are rested...and at home

......I'd rather be playing Atlanta is this spot than Miami

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I look at it the other way..

The Cavs have doubts. They will enter the playoffs on a losing streak if LBJ does not play Wednesday.

I think we'll have Glenn Robinson back to help defend the 3-line...

I dont know how healthy Tristan Thompson is

If we get in..we'll have a 5-game win streak...we went to 2 OTs with Cleveland 2  weeks ago.

I think now is the time to get after them

Could be, in order to get to the Finals we have to go through them anyway so why not? I would just prefer to play Boston, if we win a series our confidence may even get stronger and if we face a worn down LeBron we may be able to pull the upset is my thought.

41 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Hawks will be playing the 2nd game in 2 nights.....Pacers are rested...and at home

I would be shocked if the Hawks didn't sit the starters tomorrow... though the Cavs still lost to their backups. We are really good at home though.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

I would be shocked if the Hawks didn't sit the starters tomorrow... though the Cavs still lost to their backups. We are really good at home though.

No word immediately after the game..but they have nothing to play for and no 'dog' in the Bulls, Pacers, Miami fight..

....You make a very good point. Atlanta benched 4 starters and beat the Cavs.

Wednesday is more than a playoff game:  Its a one-way single-elimination game.

We just have to win..and a win almost certainly means we'll play Cleveland in the first round

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Atlanta won last night and rested most of their players, I expect them to rest players tonight as well vs the Pacers.  Pacers should have an easy win. 

40 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

There are some who believe Cleveland is losing out the #1 seed in the East on purpose because LeBron doesn't want to play Wade.  Thoughts?

I hate the way guys rest in big games. The #1 Seed doesn't matter all of the sudden? That shows everyone how weak the East is and LeBron just thinks he can win without it. He probably can which is sad. He isn't beating the Warriors this season though and I would bet on it. I am glad Durant is back, the Cavs almost caught one of their usual breaks when he went out but luckily his injury wasn't as bad as it seemed. It's just not the Cavs, I wonder what the Heat think about the Nets and Hawks just resting everyone when they need the Bulls and Pacers to lose just to make the Playoffs? If I was a Heat fan I would PEE'd off about now.

As long as the Cavs don't win it all, I am good. So I have 15 other teams to root for in the Playoffs. 34,000,000 dollars over the Cap and cant even get a 1 Seed in the East lmao because you rest players, I mean when is this crap going to stop? Basketball is easily the 3rd best sport for me as of now, Football and Baseball are better for me anyway. I still love Basketball but it is ran poorly and the players today aren't as good as they were in the 80's/90's/early 2000's.

The Nets are resting six guys as well although Chicago would have beat them anyway. I kinda feel bad for the Heat but they did it to themselves losing to the Knicks last week, starting 11-30, and its not like they played the Cavs with LeBron and Kyrie on Monday.

1. We are lucky we're not playing the Hawks starters if we're going to play this freaking poorly against bench players. 

2. If anyone is seeing how Lance is playing right now, this is the Lance I hate.

Although as I'm typing this they go on an 8-0 run...

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

1. We are lucky we're not playing the Hawks starters if we're going to play this freaking poorly against bench players. 

2. If anyone is seeing how Lance is playing right now, this is the Lance I hate.

Although as I'm typing this they go on an 8-0 run...

Lance with 2 airballs lmao. We still got this. PG is PG and if Miles is hitting 3's, Hawks have no chance. I thought Defensively we were awesome all QTR and that has been the problem all year. We held them to 15 so cant ask for better Defense.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lance with 2 airballs lmao. We still got this. PG is PG and if Miles is hitting 3's, Hawks have no chance. I thought Defensively we were awesome all QTR and that has been the problem all year. We held them to 15 so cant ask for better Defense.

I'm not even talking about the air balls. I mean the fact that he goes down and just throws up a shot without making one pass. And yeah defense was good but these are backup players. They don't have Millsap in the post, Howard on the boards, or Schroeder driving.