Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I said from the beginning Larry wouldn't trade him and he didn't. I still don't think he will this summer either. I see Larry making moves this summer to get PG help. If he doesn't PG could leave for the Lakers after 2018. IMO, that is the only place he would leave Indy for. He is from that area and Magic probably has the ability to build a solid team just based on who he is. Jim Buss was bland and had no clue and Mitch Kupchak was long in the tooth.

I agree with everything you said but if Larry doesn't get him much help next year, he should seriously considering dealing him before the 2018 deadline if he's not willing to re-sign. I'd at least want to get something out of him. 

4 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree with everything you said but if Larry doesn't get him much help next year, he should seriously considering dealing him before the 2018 deadline if he's not willing to re-sign. I'd at least want to get something out of him. 

I am hoping after last nights win it kicks start something. Winning at Houston is pretty impressive.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am hoping after last nights win it kicks start something. Winning at Houston is pretty impressive.

It was a nice win but the Pacers are just like my Bulls, just to inconsistent.  They beat a strong team on the road and as a fan you get your hopes up then they lose 4, 5, 6 in a row or lay an egg at home against a team 20 games under .500.  I thought Teague and Stuckey played an awesome game last night.

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

It was a nice win but the Pacers are just like my Bulls, just to inconsistent.  They beat a strong team on the road and as a fan you get your hopes up then they lose 4, 5, 6 in a row or lay an egg at home against a team 20 games under .500.  I thought Teague and Stuckey played an awesome game last night.

Yeah the inconsistent play has got on my last nerve this season. I wish the Pacers could play every game like last night but I know it isn't going to happen.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the inconsistent play has got on my last nerve this season. I wish the Pacers could play every game like last night but I know it isn't going to happen.

Just like 21isSuperman said.  Lose to the Knicks beat the Rockets.  My Bulls are the same way.  3-0 vs Cavs, 2-1 vs Boston and 2-0 vs Raptors but lost to the Suns, Knicks twice, Bucks twice(not even close) and Timberwolves twice.  Irritates the crap out of me too. 

Kevin Durant out 4 weeks but should make full recovery for the Playoffs. Grade 2 MCL sprain to his knee. Cavs fans are celebrating over on the ESPN boards (typical Troll Posting because they know they aren't beating a healthy Warriors team) but I have no idea why as he will back before the Playoffs. Not really sure why people are making a big deal about this on ESPN, he will be back before the Playoffs start. He isn't out for the season. Playoffs don't start for 2 months. They can win without him and still get HCA in the Regular Season anyway. Now I even want the Warriors to win more after reading some of their fans Posts. LeBron James has been the most overhyped, overrated basketball player in my lifetime of watching a sport which I have for 40 years. He automatically in the media eyes is at worse the 2nd best basketball of all-time?? Some even put him ahead of Jordan which is just laughable! He just miraculously passes guys like Magic, Kobe, Bird, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, and Russell on most peoples list without having no significant records and less Championships than all the players I just named except for Wilt, Wilt still won 2 and scored 100 points in a game lmao. Wilt has stats he will never touch. He has the same amount of Championships as Larry Bird and Bird had to deal with Magic every year. LeBron is the best player today and Top 10 all-time but isn't even close to being the GOAT, 3-4 in Finals.  Anyway Durant will be back so no biggy, glad his injury wasn't worse.   

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron is the best player today and Top 10 all-time but isn't even close to being the GOAT, 3-4 in Finals.  Anyway Durant will be back so no biggy, glad his injury wasn't worse.   

not a fan i take it??

im mad that we cant get past him in the playoffs too, but the GOAT talk doesnt really bother me.  i feel the same about brady, GOAT doesnt matter, you win rings one season at a time

15 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

not a fan i take it??

im mad that we cant get past him in the playoffs too, but the GOAT talk doesnt really bother me.  i feel the same about brady, GOAT doesnt matter, you win rings one season at a time

It has nothing to do with us not being able to get by him, I just don't think he is near being the GOAT. He doesn't even compare to Michael Jordan in anything = Championships, League MVP's, Finals MVP's, career Points, etc.. If some think LeBron is the GOAT then I can play that game and say Peyton is. LeBron and Peyton are pretty equal to their sport IMO. I think Brady is the GOAT but if I want to be fanboy I will just say Peyton is. Well there is 1 difference between LeBron and Peyton, Peyton never quit on Indy and left to get easy Championships. At least Peyton played his prime years in Indy and was let go to the reason why he left Indy. LeBron just quit in the middle of his prime on Cleveland to join Wade/Bosh - Booooooooooooo. Yeah he returned and won 1, so now he's a hero. Give me a break haha 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It has nothing to do with us not being able to get by him, I just don't think he is near being the GOAT. He doesn't even compare to Michael Jordan in anything = Championships, League MVP's, Finals MVP's, career Points, etc.. If some think LeBron is the GOAT then I can play that game and say Peyton is. LeBron and Peyton are pretty equal to their sport IMO. I think Brady is the GOAT but if I want to be fanboy I will just say Peyton is. Well there is 1 difference between LeBron and Peyton, Peyton never quit on Indy and left to get easy Championships. At least Peyton played his prime years in Indy and was let go to the reason why he left Indy. LeBron just quit in the middle of his prime on Cleveland to join Wade/Bosh - Booooooooooooo. Yeah he returned and won 1, so now he's a hero. Give me a break haha 

Except Peyton really is lol

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

not a fan i take it??

I'll pitch in and say with coltsbestever, it has nothing to do with not being a fan. He looks at numbers, accomplishments, rings etc.  Compare his stats, accomplishments and rings to all the NBA's greats.  Once you've done that explain to me how LeBron James is the Greatest NBA Player of all time?  I am not a fan of LeBron.  I think he whines, he flops, he plays coach, GM and a player but even though, I am not a fan I can't deny he's a top 5-10 player of all time but best ever?  I can't agree with that. I am not saying you believe LeBron's the GOAT, I was just saying.

5 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I'll pitch in and say with coltsbestever, it has nothing to do with not being a fan. He looks at numbers, accomplishments, rings etc.  Compare his stats, accomplishments and rings to all the NBA's greats.  Once you've done that explain to me how LeBron James is the Greatest NBA Player of all time?  I am not a fan of LeBron.  I think he whines, he flops, he plays coach, GM and a player but even though, I am not a fan I can't deny he's a top 5-10 player of all time but best ever?  I can't agree with that. I am not saying you believe LeBron's the GOAT, I was just saying.

Yeah you know me I had to have my LeBron rant for the day, I completely agree he is Top 10 but this GOAT crap is ridiculous. Look at the Numbers and Rings, at least even Peyton has 5 League MVP's to Tom's 2.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you know me I had to have my LeBron rant for the day, I completely agree he is Top 10 but this GOAT crap is ridiculous. Look at the Numbers and Rings, at least even Peyton has 5 League MVP's to Tom's 2.

I agree and I'll admit I strongly dis like LeBron probably way worse than you so my point is, you aren't a hater, I kind of am haha I've hated the MJ/GOAT comparisons since 03.

9 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree and I'll admit I strongly dis like LeBron probably way worse than you so my point is, you aren't a hater, I kind of am haha I've hated the MJ/GOAT comparisons since 03.

I still think the Warriors will win it all after hearing Durant will be back come Playoff time. It may take him a couple of weeks to get back into playing shape but they will have it easy until the WCFinals and have HCA. I am assuming they will still get the #1 Seed as they have a cushion. Spurs will more than likely draw the Rockets in Round 2, Warriors will have a cake walk against someone like the Clippers or OKC even if Durant isn't 100% by then. They always kill the Clippers. Regarding the GOAT discussion, you are in the drivers seat IMO, Jordan is and it isn't even debatable. I think Magic is #2, after that it's up in the air but Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan playing style wise we will ever see.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think the Warriors will win it all after hearing Durant will be back come Playoff time. It may take him a couple of weeks to get back into playing shape but they will have it easy until the WCFinals and have HCA. I am assuming they will still get the #1 Seed as they have a cushion. Spurs will more than likely draw the Rockets in Round 2, Warriors will have a cake walk against someone like the Clippers or OKC even if Durant isn't 100% by then. They always kill the Clippers. Regarding the GOAT discussion, you are in the drivers seat IMO, Jordan is and it isn't even debatable. I think Magic is #2, after that it's up in the air but Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan playing style wise we will ever see.

I completely agree!  I mean the Cavs did get a back up PG in D Will but Bogut will be a liability in the finals.  The Warriors will go small and take him right out of the game.  They upgraded their back up PG spot but that's it.  Warriors have a better team if Durant makes it back which it looks like he should.  I don't care for Matt Barnes but he brings toughness, shooting and defense.  He'll fit in and help them.