Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints Release HB Pierre Thomas (Merge)

Saints release Thomas after 8 seasons. He totaled 3,745 yards on 818 carries, averaging 4.6 yards per carry with 28 Rush TDs.  Also had 327 catches for 2,608 yards and 12 Rec TDs.  Has only played 16 games in a season twice in his career. 

He may be the only rb colts need and one in the draft. We can definitely save a lot of money instead of murray and ap. Sorry guys but balancing a cap is always the best way to build a team. If you overpay suh or murray and dont live up to their standards, we are in deep trouble. What do you think?

I am a Colts fan, but I am also a Saints fan. Pierre Thomas would be an amazing fit on the Colts. He runs the screen maybe better than any back in the league, is amazing on blitz pickup and runs with purpose and vision between the tackles. I would love to see the Colts pick him up.

God this sucks. This was the rain over my good day.

Pierre Thomas has been my favorite Saint for about 6 years now. I think the world of him, and I am really going to miss him.

He was our best back in 2009, and he recovered from broke leg and always played phenomenal. Of all our backs, I am pretty sure he is the one with the least fumble problems.

Bad day to be a Saints fan...We have 3 extremely overrated players on offense...yet we decide to cut the one that did the most work for us that gets the least credit.

I am not happy at all today. 

I guess this means Ingram will get a new contract, and we can let him run for 100 yards a game like we did last year only to play Marino ball in the 4th quarter in a tight game and lose it. 

I hope where ever he ends up, he comes back and ends up kicking our butt. 

We deserve this. Cadet is terrible, and PT still has a few years left in them. What's the most logical thing to do? Cut one of our best play makers. 

The Saints aggravate the hell out of me. 

That brings them to roughly $20,764,015 OVER the cap assuming he was designated a post June 1 cut...If not then that brings them to $21,179,015 OVER the cap still, I think Grubbs, Evans, Hawthorne, Bunkley are all next or could be.

That brings them to roughly $20,764,015 OVER the cap assuming he was designated a post June 1 cut...If not then that brings them to $21,179,015 OVER the cap still, I think Grubbs, Evans, Hawthorne, Bunkley are all next or could be.

That is some seriously trashy cap management.

That is some seriously trashy cap management.

Kinda it seems BUT all NFL franchises go through cap problems that are similar or will at some point......It pays to win....It also costs to win...And will for the Colts soon

God this sucks. This was the rain over my good day.

Pierre Thomas has been my favorite Saint for about 6 years now. I think the world of him, and I am really going to miss him.

He was our best back in 2009, and he recovered from broke leg and always played phenomenal. Of all our backs, I am pretty sure he is the one with the least fumble problems.

Bad day to be a Saints fan...We have 3 extremely overrated players on offense...yet we decide to cut the one that did the most work for us that gets the least credit.

I am not happy at all today. 

I guess this means Ingram will get a new contract, and we can let him run for 100 yards a game like we did last year only to play Marino ball in the 4th quarter in a tight game and lose it. 

I remember he was nearly impossible to tackle during our Super Bowl game against the Saints

I remember he was nearly impossible to tackle during our Super Bowl game against the Saints

Yep and against Minnesota he had some awesome plays in the NFCCG. 

Bad day to be a Saints fan, I am not happy and from what I was told by others, not many are happy. He's all time favorite at the end of the day, and by the looks of it we're keeping Cadet who is no where near as useful as Thomas. 

N.O. management was probably thinking they SHOULD have won a SB in the past 2 years.

Our management is terrible.

Back in 2010 they almost cut Pierre Thomas back then in favor of Reggie Bush. Who was overrated all his time here.

Then last year, we made serious mistakes, one being Jimmy Graham. He was not worth it, period. Wide receiver > Tight End. 

It wouldn't shock me though they think they should have a SB recently. Our fans have never gotten over the 2011 playoff loss. They still complain about that game where SF was blowing us out and we came back by the skin of our teeth and blew it. 

It's like we expected 2011 to be a lock that year for a second SB.

Our team is incredibly arrogant. They showed that last year when they choked all those close games away and were sitting at a 6-8 record and had the nerve to complain about "lack of fan support" when the fans left the dome at half time when they were getting blown out bad vs Carolina. 

I like Herron. I actually like him a lot. But he doesn't do stuff like this.

pierrethomas.gif

PierreScreenNE09.gif

pierre-thomas-td-o.gif

PT doesn't appear to be that dynamic which is why people still don't know how good he is. But he has a sixth sense when he's running. He covers a ton of ground with each step. He always knows where all his blockers are, how to set up those blocks, subtle head fakes and things that keep defenders guessing, and it very nearly always takes at least 3 defenders to get him down. He's easily the best $2 million you could spend on a player this off-season. I still can't believe the Saints cut him.