•  

Photo

I have a strong feeling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#41 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2793 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

@ Susie, we are stuck together then.  GO COLTS

Looks that way Colts Fan. :thmup:

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

RG3 will never get that far.

Well living in VA, you hear a lot about Redskins football. And watching them, they are talented. 

As long as RG3 stays healthy (which is a huge if) they have a good chance to cause some damage in the playoffs in the next couple years.

Just like our team.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#43 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

That would be EPIC!!! The media coverage would be insane!

I would be like the Super Bowl coverage, of Super Bowls.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#44 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1133 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Why not? He is clearly very talented. For all the people saying that he just dinks and dunks, have you all realized that he has some incredible downfield numbers? He has a stud running back and a decent O line. The defense is coming along and if they improve the D in the draft and/or FA and acquire some more weapons for RG3, they should be real contenders.
RGIII is the real deal, without a doubt, but the Skins are not going to improve a whole lot through the draft in the next couple seasons because of the treasure trove of picks they gave up to get their guy. I'm not saying that he will never win a Superbowl. With a rookie year like he is having, it seems as though the sky is the limit. I also have no idea what their cap situation is, but they have a couple of young play-makers in Griffin and Morris... over-payed for Garcon, though IMO. I wouldn't be shocked if the Skins became perennial contenders in the NFC East for the foreseeable future, but, honestly... I would look at the team that grabbed up the Skins picks, the Rams.. They already have a ton of young guys with potential and they have high draft picks to spare.... Mark my words.. Rams will get good in a hurry and Luck's first SB win will come against Sam "I am developing too slowly" Bradford.

Edit: since we are talking about feelings..... that's what my gut says

#45 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7100 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

No more RG3 talk please.

:wall:

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

#46 MCurtis32

MCurtis32
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Why not? He is clearly very talented. For all the people saying that he just dinks and dunks, have you all realized that he has some incredible downfield numbers? He has a stud running back and a decent O line. The defense is coming along and if they improve the D in the draft and/or FA and acquire some more weapons for RG3, they should be real contenders.

because he sucks, thats why. Cousins is the better quarterback. sooner they realize this, the better they will be. Very talented, so was mcnabb, vick, and all those before them. Doug williams had a good 3rd quarter in one game! Russel wilson will be a much better quarterback.

#47 houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

because he sucks, thats why. Cousins is the better quarterback. sooner they realize this, the better they will be. Very talented, so was mcnabb, vick, and all those before them. Doug williams had a good 3rd quarter in one game! Russel wilson will be a much better quarterback.

You are 100%T correct.

#48 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6681 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

You should tell the rest of the defenses that Griffin has faced that he sucks. I'm sure they would disagree.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012 AFC South Champions

#49 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 806 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Please stop. Just stop. The kid is amazing. It is obvious that he has the desire to learn and develop his game as he has gotten better through out the season. His ceiling is very high. We'll have to wait to see what happens over the long haul, but he has been great this year. Don't hate on him out of homerism for the Colts. That's as annoying as all of the Pats fans that come in here to gloat about how good Tom Brady is ;-) Surely we are better than they are.

#50 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

I just want more than one playoff weekend to enjoy us!

#51 shecolt

shecolt
  • 2955 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

we're playing the broncos this year specifically in the divisional round of the playoffs. I can see us beating the texans on sunday and broncos and patriots winning pushing the texans to the 3rd seed. ravens are not an easy foe so dont think im overseeing them, but they are beatable. this season is basically a script from hollywood. young buck vs old stallion. its inevitable. my question is whats gonna be the reaction of this game if it does happen? would you be ok if peyton beats us?

Well, I don't think Peyton can beat the Colts.  But, I do think that the Broncos can.  :sorry: , that was just me being ornery.   

To properly answer your question, I am first and foremost a Colt's fan.  But, I still love Peyton.  So, I would be cheering for the Colts and would be sad if they lost.

But, I would then be cheering for the Broncos to go all the way and add another ring to Peyton's hand. 

So, yes, I would be OK . . . unless those Patriots end up winning the SB.  Then, I would be in a serious funk.  :argh:  

“Whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free . . . your true self comes out.” — Tina Turner

#52 neverstop1863

neverstop1863
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Peyton is the man but ya gotta think, if this game happens in the back of Manning's mind he will see D-Free and Mathis licking their lips at a long awaited chance to face the great Peyton.

#53 corgi

corgi
  • 2387 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Please stop. Just stop. The kid is amazing.

You are amazed by RGIII? Really? Amazing? He's good yes, but amazing? What if something really happens to you? What if you are walking down the street and a person in front of you spontaneously bursts into a pile of money? What are you going to call that? You used "amazing" on a football player. (I proudly stole that from Louis C.K.) :D

"A man’s character is not judged after he celebrates a victory, but by what he does when his back is against the wall. So no matter how great the setback, how severe the failure, you never give up.

You never give up, you pick yourself up, you brush yourself off, you push forward, you move on, you adapt, you overcome, that is what I believe!"

#54 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 806 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

You are amazed by RGIII? Really? Amazing? He's good yes, but amazing? What if something really happens to you? What if you are walking down the street and a person in front of you spontaneously bursts into a pile of money? What are you going to call that? You used "amazing" on a football player. (I proudly stole that from Louis C.K.) :D

Yes. For a rookie, he is amazing. He has surpassed my expectations far more than Luck has. Luck was supposed to be this good coming in according everyone on this board and every reporter on ESPN. RG3 was supposed to have the all the makings of an NFL QB as well, but no one predicted that he would outperform Luck. And yes, he has outperformed Luck so far. I have been denying it and fighting it all season, saying his coaches are babying him and our coaches are setting Luck up for disaster, but I can't fight it any longer. I still believe that Luck will end up being the best of his generation, but RG3 has bested him this year.

#55 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

No more RG3 talk please.

:wall:

I wish I could like this a billion times. Im so sick of hearing about that dude, I could puke.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#56 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4658 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

i don't want to see the team that eliminates us win it all,  never have.

I've always taken completely the opposite position in every sport. I root for the team that beat us to win it all (well, unless I happen to hate them).

To me the worst years are like in 2002 when the Colts were humiliated by the Jets, who were then soundly beaten by Oakland, who were later soundly beaten by the Bucs. By the time it's all over you feel just buried. Hard to escape the conclusion that your team is a LONG way from the Championship.

In contrast I took pride in the fact that the Colts were knocked out by the eventual SB champion for three years in a row before finally winning it. Yeah, BB knew how to thwart Peyton, and the Steelers game (and the circumstances surrounding it) were frustrating and painful - but the team was "right there" on the cusp, not buried in mediocrity.

#57 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7100 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

we're playing the broncos this year specifically in the divisional round of the playoffs. I can see us beating the texans on sunday and broncos and patriots winning pushing the texans to the 3rd seed. ravens are not an easy foe so dont think im overseeing them, but they are beatable. this season is basically a script from hollywood. young buck vs old stallion. its inevitable. my question is whats gonna be the reaction of this game if it does happen? would you be ok if peyton beats us?

You are doing well so far.

But, you are also the one who called us going 10-6 before the season started so why should I doubt you? :)

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

#58 BlueRedZone

BlueRedZone
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

If the Broncos don't win the Superbowl is there any way that the Colts vs Broncos matchup isn't the Sunday night matchup Kickoff Weekend?

(unless we have the Thursday night game here, but highly unlikely) 

The Official Fan Meteorologist of the Board
My opinions and predictions only have to be right some of the time

#59 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7050 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

You are doing well so far.

But, you are also the one who called us going 10-6 before the season started so why should I doubt you? :)

yea im getting really good at this haha

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      23 Apr
    BrentMc11

'possibly' having a re-do on my right eye tomorrow depending on the risk. It is still too far-sighted. I am too young to not have it done with a better script. Hoping it is easy...may have stitches this time with bigger incision.

Show comments (9)
View All Updates