Photo

Fun Fact Of the Day

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1221 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

We are 10-5. If we loose next week that puts us at 10-6, our very same record as Manning's last season. With what we have surrounding Luck we got the same Ws as we did with Manning in 2010. There can be no description of just how impossible that was stated to be in the beginning of the season.

Even more if we win next week(Doubtful with Texans playing for something and us playing for nothing) we will be 11-5 with MORE WINS than we had in 2010. Simply beautiful. So proud of this team.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7547 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

We are 10-5. If we loose next week that puts us at 10-6, our very same record as Manning's last season. With what we have surrounding Luck we got the same Ws as we did with Manning in 2010. There can be no description of just how impossible that was stated to be in the beginning of the season.

Even more if we win next week(Doubtful with Texans playing for something and us playing for nothing) we will be 11-5 with MORE WINS than we had in 2010. Simply beautiful. So proud of this team.

I'm proud of this team too. But Peyton willed us to that record with even less around him than Andrew has. Remember all the injuries?

#3 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1221 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

I remember all the injuries but we still had a better all around team then than now.

#4 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7547 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

I remember all the injuries but we still had a better all around team then than now.

Not at the end of the season, IMHO.

#5 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 18068 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

A great season

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#6 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 17835 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I disagree. We had many of the same holes we have now, plus some (no corners that season, Aaron Francisco at safety). We had a far inferior coaching staff. I think, sans the quarterbacks, the 2012 team is better than the 2010 team was.

The point still stands, though. It's remarkable that we've won 10 games.

LET'S HUNT

#7 John Campbell

John Campbell
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I love what we've done, so happy, but our schedule has been very very weak this season. The years are totally different.

#8 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1221 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

I disagree. We had many of the same holes we have now, plus some (no corners that season, Aaron Francisco at safety). We had a far inferior coaching staff. I think, sans the quarterbacks, the 2012 team is better than the 2010 team was.

Agreed on the similar holes but a few of our wins this season have come from a simple roll going our way vs it going towards the opponent. Plus the argument that the 2010schedule was harder than the 2012 plays a factor as well. Regardless it's a good time to be an Indy fan.

#9 dw49

dw49
  • 4339 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

I'm proud of this team too. But Peyton willed us to that record with even less around him than Andrew has. Remember all the injuries?

According to PFW , the 2012 Colts are the team most effected by injuries. Start with the D Line. 4 players counted to contribute there. Go to the O Line , been horrible there. Lost 2 Rb's for extended time. Starting CB's .. Davis and Powers. Lost a safety. Angerer and Conner at LB. I guess been healthy at QB , both kickers and WR. Rest of the roster ripped apart by injuries.

#10 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7547 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

According to PFW , the 2012 Colts are the team most effected by injuries. Start with the D Line. 4 players counted to contribute there. Go to the O Line , been horrible there. Lost 2 Rb's for extended time. Starting CB's .. Davis and Powers. Lost a safety. Angerer and Conner at LB. I guess been healthy at QB , both kickers and WR. Rest of the roster ripped apart by injuries.

There's injuries, then there are quality injuries. The 10 team lost a lot of great players. We have Powers and 2 D starters who are interchangeable lost on D. Collie is the only quality guy I can think of on O.

I'm still proud of this team thogh.

#11 dw49

dw49
  • 4339 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

There's injuries, then there are quality injuries. The 10 team lost a lot of great players. We have Powers and 2 D starters who are interchangeable lost on D. Collie is the only quality guy I can think of on O.

I'm still proud of this team thogh.

This is true , but then again that 2010 had way more talent... right ? We lost Freeney for a few games , we lost Mathis for a few games , we lost Davis for a few games ... other than Luck and Wayne , what good player did we not lose for a period of time. Point is some are saying the 2012 team had more talent than the 2010 team. My point iis both were beset with injuries

#12 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3471 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Would this seasons Colts be on the list of the WORST 10-5 NFL Teams of All-Time?

#13 MTC

MTC

Smells like a canal

• Community Moderator
  • 7872 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

706507463.gif?key=450253&Expires=1356311

(Gif from SteelersDepot.com)

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

#14 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18587 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Its a miracle...it really is

#15 Colts Fan2

Colts Fan2
  • Rookie
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

2012 Colts Poem

In 2011, we had a terrible year,

But you didn't see us shed a tear.

Our Players didn't pass the buck,

We went and drafted Andrew Luck.

And then we hear through the media,

Coach Pagano has leukemia.

We left the lights on, all the long,

To show we were still ColtsStrong.

As the year ends, where are we?

In the playoffs, unexpectedly.

Now we light our homes with Blue,

To show we're Colts Fans, through and through.

#16 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 18068 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

2012 Colts Poem

In 2011, we had a terrible year,

But you didn't see us shed a tear.

Our Players didn't pass the buck,

We went and drafted Andrew Luck.

And then we hear through the media,

Coach Pagano has leukemia.

We left the lights on, all the long,

To show we were still ColtsStrong.

As the year ends, where are we?

In the playoffs, unexpectedly.

Now we light our homes with Blue,

To show we're Colts Fans, through and through.

very good

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#17 Jason_S

Jason_S

...to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee

• 6495 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Plus Blaire White started 4 games in 2010.  We also now have an infinitely better coaching staff, imo, than what we had back then. 

"There's more than one way to skin a cat."  Why do we even need one way?  Who's out there skinning cats?  And why do we need more than one way to do it?  Isn't one enough?

#18 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

2010 was horrendous.... So many injuries it was ridiculous.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Nov
    T Y Goodbye

to all my friends and family here..I cant shake this pneumonia, and am heading back to the hospital..plus now I have two other infections going through me, one is pink eye and the other is in my gastrointestinal area..(flu most likely) I'm going to the hospital, shorly and i cant access the boards from in there..If anything serious happens i'll have the wife come let y'all know..thanks for all the caring and support..hopefully i'll be back soon..

Show comments (5)
  • Photo
      20 Nov
    HungarianColtsFan

Hungarian rangers have unexpected help: newly 'imigrated' bears. In awe of them no one dares to enter the forest. Good work Yogi & Co.!!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates