Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PrincetonTiger

Surprise player

17 posts in this topic

Lawrence Guy

Yeah! That GUY!!!!

I think Conner is vastly underrated at a tackler too....especially against the run (Sorry PT....had to get off topic a little.)

3 people like this

can we consider TY?

Tevaseau was ok i think. and Butler got another INT ...dunno why but cassius starts instead of him.

and in no way am i saying Butler is an all pro i think they are bouth mediocre but i kinda like Butler more

Butler had it going, thats for sure

IMO Butler isn't a surprise, he has talent.. He needs time and practice and he will show his value.

Cassius Vaugh had a pretty good game, right?

yes especially in the 2nd half

1 person likes this

Man, I was really liking what I saw from Lawrence Guy...He was making great tackles for loss, was agressive and hes a ROOKIE

2 people like this

He had a nice 28 minutes of football.......someone mentioned this wearing 32.....I think FJC....I cringed. If these guys keep working with Roy Anderson and Mike Gillhamer they will continue to improve.....

I said at the beginning of the season we have some teachers on this staff. Just think if Pagano had stayed healthy. :blueshoe: :blueshoe: :blueshoe:

I remember watching Stevie Brown on special teams for us last year and commenting that he was down the field first on every special teams play.....he lasted about 3 or 4 games and was released. How is that working for the Giants now? (My inner Dr Phil came out :)) 7 INTs?????

3 people like this

He was pretty awful the first half... 2nd half? Very good.

tevaseau and lefeged have both earned the right to start the rest of the season.

I agree and have said for awhile that Tevaseu is the better NT over Mookie. He has been very stout all season when he's played.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I'm not saying he can.  Although honestly I think Rex Ryan's teams have terrible discipline on the field.  That might extend to off the field as well.    I'm saying that perhaps being cut might get the guy to take football more seriously.   It's just out and out stupid.  We give people who commit terrible crimes a 2nd chance in the NFL.  Shoot sometimes 3rd, 4th and 5th chances.  I mean look at Greg Hardy.  Karlos Williams gained 20 pounds, he didn't beat a woman within an inch of her life like Greg Hardy did.     But the dude is 20 pounds overweight and the whole NFL world is suppose to just decide. . . eh he's done, nothing we can do here.  No thought to bringing him in and saying "Hey we have this contract but you can be cut without costing us a dime, so here is the rub. . . you show progress and you loose some weight by the time your suspension is over or your chance here is done.     Eddie Lacy got fat, his coach told him to lose some weight and he lost some weight.  
    • I like this.  I may have to watch more NFL Network now.  I think Reggie is a pretty intelligent guy, so I look forward to his analysis
    • I somehow knew these reports of missing the first month were exaggerated.    
    • The fact that he's still kicking is meaningless.     They could have taken someone who was going to take a lot more snaps and be more involved in the game.   On top of that the talent difference between him and other kickers isn't that great.     On top of that, other teams would pass and they could get him later.     There just isn't much value in special teams players early in the draft.  
    • We have the speed and, IMO, ability on our offense to score quick or convert very big plays.  This ability, IMO, will be made stronger if we develop a running attack and a short passing game (i.e., picking up short chunks of yardage consistently should set the other defense up to be beaten by the big play).   I agree with you, the offense is critical to helping the defense (and STs).  However, I'm not sure if by 'extend drives' you mean by time, or if you mean just avoiding 3 and outs.  I think it will be beneficial if our offense can both score and kill clock, but if I had to choose between the 2, I'd say scoring is more important, especially early in the game.   A problem we've had in the Pagano/Luck era is starting very slow and being forced to win via comeback.  If we can score early in the game, I do believe it will help make the other offense more one-dimensional (which may not always be a good thing, as right now I think where I'm concerned with the D is more the pass rush and secondary than the run stopping).  Regardless, I think it is going to be important for our O to score early and as often as possible.   What I think is most important, as you mentioned, is for our offense to protect the ball and even if we're not scoring to put the ST and D in good field position.  The biggest fear I have about our offense (Andrew in particular) is that if our D is not playing well that he will try to force things (he has been guilty of this in the past, and I swear, many of Peyton's interceptions on the Colts were due to him forcing balls to try to keep our defense off the field). 
  • Welcome New Members

• Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.