Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

I'm not totally sure how we're winning

55 posts in this topic

I mean doesn't anybody stop and think that maybe these guys are just really good. I know this is a young team but these guys can flat out play football. It should be scary for the rest of the league for years to come. I think everybody basis everything on last year this is a new team. I mean Grigson and Pagano has done a awesome job putting this team together. There is no ugly wins in the NFL there still some great plays being made on field. Do you think teams with below 500 records would give anything to have the wins we've had. There are teams like the Browns would give away every win they've had the last ten years to have one season like were having. So let's just enjoy the ride!

2 people like this

This team reminds me of Angels in the Outfield.

Came in the thread to post this.

1 person likes this

I mean doesn't anybody stop and think that maybe these guys are just really good. I know this is a young team but these guys can flat out play football. It should be scary for the rest of the league for years to come. I think everybody basis everything on last year this is a new team. I mean Grigson and Pagano has done a awesome job putting this team together. There is no ugly wins in the NFL there still some great plays being made on field. Do you think teams with below 500 records would give anything to have the wins we've had. There are teams like the Browns would give away every win they've had the last ten years to have one season like were having. So let's just enjoy the ride!

I agree. I remember in 2006 we were winning close games too.

They should make a movie about this team- all rookies with a few old men,last year 2-14, no head coach, cheer leaders shaving their heads. Will Ferrell would fit in as the GM as the star with Jim Carey playing Andrew Luck. Three running backs down with injuries yesterday!! What's next- the bus does not arrive, the players are stranded fender deep in mud two hundred miles from the stadium and they still win! Go Blue!!

It really is fairly remarkable that a team can "win ugly" so many times in one season. That doesn't happen very often in the NFL. The combination of players making a play when it is needed with Luck's second half magic (especially 4th qrt. drives) is always just enough to win. Don't remember a team like this one. I am just excited by the prospect of being in the playoffs. Because once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen game to game.

This team doesn't quit, many wins came because of this. Teams often are defeated before 0:00.

True..but its okay to be honest.........with what you are seeing

...and out turnover-takewawy ratio is about minus-16

We've allowed far more points than we've scored..

That doesn't scream 'really good'

Its okay to question how we're getting this done...isnt it?

Did I mention despite all the 'venom' that is spewed on Arians (mostly by me) do to his lack of some necessary HC skills that his very scheme of down the field passes down after down is a big part in why we are where we are at in terms of wins and losses and an even BIGGER part of that is Lucks ability to not crack if things go against him and our wr's and Tight Ends and running backs ability to execute (such as the O Line). Despite what I say (and I fully believe what I say about his abilities) he is still the HC at this time who has us at 9-4

They're winning because they score enough points to offset the mistakes they make.

Eventually they'll make far fewer mistakes but the results will similar.

How they're doing it, ugly or pretty doesn't matter, I'm just glad they are.

I admit it freely, I never expected this season to be sooooo good!

They're winning because they score enough points to offset the mistakes they make.

Eventually they'll make far fewer mistakes but the results will similar.

How they're doing it, ugly or pretty doesn't matter, I'm just glad they are.

I admit it freely, I never expected this season to be sooooo good!

I hear you and its all good..

But I guess....until we're in....I'm worried about us 'waking up'

1 person likes this

We have a great foundation with this new edition of the Colts, we're not in a situation in which we have to rely solely on the QB's performance. We have folks that step up as needed. Winning as a team makes the goals more attainable....

There's no secret. Though we are giving up tons of yards, and Luck comp % is rather low, still this team can make the key plays those are winning us games... Just think of Titans and Lions game...D made important stops and Luck can mag big, scoring drive if it is needed. D and O helping eachother. If D alloews many points mostly O outscores the opponent, If O struggles d makes stops and contain opponents.

It will be fun to see, when the whole team is functioning with full steam . IMO they are performing around 60-70% right now, due this team is loaded up with rookies and new players, but when chemistry would be established and we found players for some spots of need, Colts would be almost unstoppable.

dont question just enjoy

Heck with that, I want to see the issues remedied before the luck runs out, and thats what it has been a whole lot of blind luck going our way this season! The same way it went against us last year.

This team could very easily be 2-11 right now with most here crying we messed up not taking RGIII ... I laugh everytime the sports media talk about how great of a season Luck is having ... by years end likely 30+ turnovers and less than 50% completion ratio - is that really a great season?

Sure as a fan, I am glad we are 9-4 vs 2-11, but I'm not at all overly impressed with what I have seen on the field!

Luck oozes leadership...

He & a handful of vets are willing this team to victories...

What an emotional season, Chuckstrong!!!!

Heck with that, I want to see the issues remedied before the luck runs out, and thats what it has been a whole lot of blind luck going our way this season! The same way it went against us last year.

This team could very easily be 2-11 right now with most here crying we messed up not taking RGIII ... I laugh everytime the sports media talk about how great of a season Luck is having ... by years end likely 30+ turnovers and less than 50% completion ratio - is that really a great season?

Sure as a fan, I am glad we are 9-4 vs 2-11, but I'm not at all overly impressed with what I have seen on the field!

you seem to be forgetting what luck has to work with. inexperience youth at every important position with a shaky o-line