Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeney is active, Satele not

HtownColt

@mchappell51: #colts LB dwight freeney active. look for him to be situational pass rusher vs. packers.

@pwilson24: #Colts say they are starting A.Q. Shipley at center for Samson Satele (knee). Dwight Freeney expected to start at OLB, or rush LB.

@mchappell51: #colts announced a.q. shipley will start at C ahead of samson satele. satele dealing with knee injury

@gmbremer: #Colts inactives: QB Harnish, CB King, CB Davis, RB Moore, ILB Angerer, OG Olsen, OG Reitz

This means Delone Carter is active for the first time this season. I hope he gets some touches.

And correction Satele isn't inactive it's just Arians doesn't feel 100% on Satele so Shipley starts over him today but if Shipley struggles Satele will be in there at some point in the game

AQ Shipley V.S. BJ Raji... Good luck Andrew.

Shipley has a whole lot of mean in him......opened the best holes of the pre-season. He gets his chance today. There was once a man named Jeff Saturday that only needed a chance. Shipley was much higher rated coming out of college than Saturday off of his couch. I want to see what the man can do....glad the game is at home. Andrew will make it happen...

BTW...that Saturday fella is in town today....and is beloved in our :blueshoe: :blueshoe: :blueshoe: hearts!!! GO Colts!

I think if Shipley uses proper technique down after down he can handle Raji, Shipley is a former Remington award winner in college (nations top Center) and strength wise he benched 33 reps at the Combine ( Satele had 25 reps) so he certainly has the strength (Raji also benched 33) so it comes down to technique in my opinion

Zero pass rush from Freeney or Mathis in the first half. Unless Freeney turns up the pass rush this season I have zero issue with letting him walk as a free agent at season's end. Not so much because Hughes is doing great because he's not the problem is you can't really tell a difference between the two when they are in there at least today.