Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good Job Colts!

MoM

Great job! Nice crisp and accurate throws from Painter and Orlovski. Nice grabs by Taj Smith and company. Defense looked amazing today. About time they start wrapping up players rather than bouncing off of them.

It's a good thing the preseason means nothing!

I'm surprised it took until the 2nd pre-season game to get this post out! usually people start panicking and complaining about the overall outcome of the game after every Indy game.

We handle pre-season a heck of a lot differently than most teams. We primarily let all of our unknown players step on the field and compete for jobs. You have to look at individual match ups and not the effort of the team. These guys have only played together for 3 weeks, and they are going up against guys with more experience. We are trying new people on the O-line with back up QBs. I know it's frustrating to watch, but the Colts do this every year. I would just start worrying if we play like this in the reg season.

I'm surprised it took until the 2nd pre-season game to get this post out! usually people start panicking and complaining about the overall outcome of the game after every Indy game.

We handle pre-season a heck of a lot differently than most teams. We primarily let all of our unknown players step on the field and compete for jobs. You have to look at individual match ups and not the effort of the team. These guys have only played together for 3 weeks, and they are going up against guys with more experience. We are trying new people on the O-line with back up QBs. I know it's frustrating to watch, but the Colts do this every year. I would just start worrying if we play like this in the reg season.

Ahh, I hope you know our first string was on the field for the first half.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong

No, no he's right. Manning, Wayne and Collie just stunk it up so bad they had no stats whatsoever. Heck even Clark and Garcon didn't catch a pass until Painter came in. Manning was so horrible he didn't even attempt a pass. He just handed the ball off on every play while he was in but it clearly wasn't to Addai because Addai only had 2 rushing attempts. It was a pretty pathetic performance all around by the first stringers.

No, no he's right. Manning, Wayne and Collie just stunk it up so bad they had no stats whatsoever. Heck even Clark and Garcon didn't catch a pass until Painter came in. Manning was so horrible he didn't even attempt a pass. He just handed the ball off on every play while he was in but it clearly wasn't to Addai because Addai only had 2 rushing attempts. It was a pretty pathetic performance all around by the first stringers.

Yes, you're correct. I shouldn't have spoken so quickly. I apologize. You see, I've been huffing spray paint for the last 2 weeks and its starting to affect my memory.

Sometimes i cant understand if you ppl are being sarcastic or serious, a person whos been a colts fan for a long time would know these games mean nothing to the colts and its only about evaluating players, forget the score cause some of those guys wont even see the field.

Sometimes i cant understand if you ppl are being sarcastic or serious, a person whos been a colts fan for a long time would know these games mean nothing to the colts and its only about evaluating players, forget the score cause some of those guys wont even see the field.

I think alot of folks are just anxious. Probably an element of ignorance involved, but I too feel anxious to see some Colts offense, and it's nowhere in sight. The truth is, our offense hasn't even manifested itself yet because of the absence of our identity, Manning. Much of the panic would subside if people were getting those brief looks at Manning to Wayne, Clark and Collie that we normally get during the preseason losses.

Next week is a big game. But still there will be no Manning, and the way the WR's are going down, we may not even get a look at any offense until Manning returns.

All that being said, I predict a rough start to the season with a furious finish. It's 2008 all over again.

I think alot of folks are just anxious. Probably an element of ignorance involved, but I too feel anxious to see some Colts offense, and it's nowhere in sight. The truth is, our offense hasn't even manifested itself yet because of the absence of our identity, Manning. Much of the panic would subside if people were getting those brief looks at Manning to Wayne, Clark and Collie that we normally get during the preseason losses.

Next week is a big game. But still there will be no Manning, and the way the WR's are going down, we may not even get a look at any offense until Manning returns.

All that being said, I predict a rough start to the season with a furious finish. It's 2008 all over again.

Nah I doubt it. Actually the (knee-jerk) panic would probably be worse if Manning were playing because he wouldn't be playing true to form so people would say we have no chance because he's too hurt or he sucks now. Some people always panic during the preseason, forgetting that our typical preseason record is 0-4 and neither the offense nor defense ever really look good in preseason.

What do you mean "it took until the 2nd pre-season game..."? Didn't you read all the panic posts last week?

Heck, before the 1st game I started a thread saying something to the effect of how long time Colts fans won't get upset if we look bad, and basically make no attempt to win the game. Some people were upset because they thought I was making rules for fans! (lack of comprehension and panic do seem to go hand in hand, don't they?)

You think this is bad, wait till next week. Nationally televised game... GB... No Peyton...

Ahh, I hope you know our first string was on the field for the first half.

No they weren't. We had a few 1st string players in the game, that's it.

My knee jerk reaction is that other teams are prepared, why aren't we?

Prepared for what? Wasting energy and effort implementing real game strategy during the pre-season? Have you watched the Colts during the pre-season before?

My knee jerk reaction is that other teams are prepared, why aren't we?

Thats the way I feel, I know we never win games in preseason but we dont even have a bright spot to look at. Team does not look as prepared as the rest of the teams around the leauge. Coaching on this team has always been a concern. I am not a Caldwell fan and believe he is in over his head. I hope Im wrong but I dont think so.

No they weren't. We had a few 1st string players in the game, that's it.

Prepared for what? Wasting energy and effort implementing real game strategy during the pre-season? Have you watched the Colts during the pre-season before?

Ummm...preparing to play football, This is the worst I have ever seen them. Looks like a Chinese fire drill. Coaches too lazy to put together SOMETHING ?

OBTW have watched over 50 home preseason games up close and personal. ($5,000.00 worth) How about you??? And about 50 on TV.

THIS IS THE WORST....

I dont care who was on the field. If u can only manage one first down and one yard rushing in the first half, there are problems somewhere. You act like we had our powder puff team out there. This was Washington people. Washingtion. I will say it one more time, just like as many as first downs and rushing yards we had in the first half, Washington. Sorry for being a party pooper.But it was the first home game, even being a preseason game, that us fans got to go see. Give us something to cheer for.

I dont care who was on the field. If u can only manage one first down and one yard rushing in the first half, there are problems somewhere. You act like we had our powder puff team out there. This was Washington people. Washingtion. I will say it one more time, just like as many as first downs and rushing yards we had in the first half, Washington. Sorry for being a party pooper.

Agree,100 percent.You have your apologists here who can spin it anyway they want.That was ugly and while the games do not count we looked terrible,and i am concerned.

Agree,100 percent.You have your apologists here who can spin it anyway they want.That was ugly and while the games do not count we looked terrible,and i am concerned.

Don't be concerned about how the 'team' played, be concerned about how individual players executed. Missed tackles and assignments are areas of concern.

I don't care if it's the Washington Generals, if we don't gameplan, try to exploit matchups, etc., we will lose. That's not important in a preseason game. But if individual players look like dung while losing, there's no reason to think they'll play better in the regular season.

The other side to that coin, and it should concern the coaches, if you can't sustain a drive on offense, how can you see your players? (We're sure getting long looks at the D players, aren't we?)

Don't be concerned about how the 'team' played, be concerned about how individual players executed. Missed tackles and assignments are areas of concern.

I don't care if it's the Washington Generals, if we don't gameplan, try to exploit matchups, etc., we will lose. That's not important in a preseason game. But if individual players look like dung while losing, there's no reason to think they'll play better in the regular season.

The other side to that coin, and it should concern the coaches, if you can't sustain a drive on offense, how can you see your players? (We're sure getting long looks at the D players, aren't we?)

Your right but the tackling was pathetic,and that concerns me.The offense with painter is to be expected,i really did not like the missed tackles in the first half.

Well said pepe le piu. It seems like the level of panic this preseason has a different feeling to it, because we haven't seen the starters yet. I'm tempted to panic myself, but they aren't going to rush these guys back from injuries to play in the preseason. Also last year we had to come from a game back late in the season. We were 6-6 after week 13 and Jacksonville was 7-5. At some point a slow start may cost us a season and perch atop the division, but I still don't think the other teams in our division have the pieces in place to dethrone us this year.

Because????

This is my team. We are not prepared. We need a change.

OBTW :Pat Beach is no longer on the roster. Root for those that are.

I agree that we need to sustain a drive in order to see what we have in our O players. And there's no excuse for missing tackles and assignments, especially by guys we expect to start.

But what do you mean by 'we need a change'? Are you talking coaching? If so, I don't think you'll get much of an argument in this forum. Not with the FO though.

What do you mean "it took until the 2nd pre-season game..."? Didn't you read all the panic posts last week?

Heck, before the 1st game I started a thread saying something to the effect of how long time Colts fans won't get upset if we look bad, and basically make no attempt to win the game. Some people were upset because they thought I was making rules for fans! (lack of comprehension and panic do seem to go hand in hand, don't they?)

You think this is bad, wait till next week. Nationally televised game... GB... No Peyton...

Eh I guess I just block em out and read over them. Yea next week is where everyone will predict the downfall of the Colts lmao. People will probably be saying we had our starters in for the first three quarters as well. haha