Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking News: Mathieu Kick-off LSU...

Not kidding. Not a sick joke.

Mathieu has been kicked off the team for a violation of team policy.

Early word is..... he flunked a drug test. My guess is it may have been multiple tests. I doubt they kicked him off for failing one test.

He's looking to transfer to some lower division, small directional school where he can play right away.

What an *.

More to come.....

I think he's a second round pick now. Want to make our secondary a lot better really fast? How about draft Amerson in the 1st and Mathieu in the 2nd? Powers, Amerson and Mathieu sounds real nice, but there were a lot of people who already doubted Mathieu so this is NOT going to help him at all.

I think he's a second round pick now. Want to make our secondary a lot better really fast? How about draft Amerson in the 1st and Mathieu in the 2nd? Powers, Amerson and Mathieu sounds real nice, but there were a lot of people who already doubted Mathieu so this is NOT going to help him at all.

He could play at S and CB.

Chances are as we have seen he will at the very least drop to the second, Janoris was a much better cover guy than Mathieu is and Janoris dropped to the 2nd, Mathieu is a heavy hitter, if he is drafted to play Safety then I say its possible he can drop anywhere from 3rd to 4th or 5th round I think, but I doubt he will drop past the 3rd, If he was going to be drafted to play Corner anyway then I wouldnt have spent a 1st or 2nd round pick on him anyway

Well, Mathieu is offcially off my Big Board.

Also, more importantly, he *ed up a great oppurtunity, and now will have to be a early to mid round pick in next year's draft.

Nice job Tyrann. Well, I take back every prediction I had about him.

Man there has to be a pretty big back story to this because it's near impossible to get thrown off a team like LSU if you are as good as he is. I don't know what it is but it tells me to stay away from him in the draft because if LSU said okay enough that tells me he must be a HUGE headache and that's not a shot at LSU, I'd say that about any football power rather it be Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, Ohio State, Florida, or Alabama. Major football power schools tend to find away to keep players that have this much talent you have to really do something bad to get tossed off the team.

The talking heads on ESPN are saying their sources are telling them it's for repeated violations of using drugs. In other words, he keeps doing drugs and failing tests. Heard Myles today say Mathieu had been in counseling during the spring and summer over this....

Guess it still didn't quite sink in...

Perhaps, in the grand scheme of things, maybe LSU did the kid a favor with a wake-up call? Hope so.

But he's hurt himself and cost himself more than he knows. He can works his way back, but he's got a LOT of work ahead of him.

Not kidding. Not a sick joke.

Mathieu has been kicked off the team for a violation of team policy.

Early word is..... he flunked a drug test. My guess is it may have been multiple tests. I doubt they kicked him off for failing one test.

He's looking to transfer to some lower division, small directional school where he can play right away.

What an *.

More to come.....

hehe... it darn near takes first degree murder to get kicked off an SEC team.... esp. a national title contender..

oh well... I applaud Miles for having the stones to do it.

The talking heads on ESPN are saying their sources are telling them it's for repeated violations of using drugs. In other words, he keeps doing drugs and failing tests. Heard Myles today say Mathieu had been in counseling during the spring and summer over this....

Guess it still didn't quite sink in...

Perhaps, in the grand scheme of things, maybe LSU did the kid a favor with a wake-up call? Hope so.

But he's hurt himself and cost himself more than he knows. He can works his way back, but he's got a LOT of work ahead of him.

Miles will look great for this, and I do love he did it... BUT.... If he was at Mississippi and not coming off a national championship run do you really think he would do this? NO.

LSU is LOADED FROM TOP TO BOTTOM WITH NFL TALENT.

I think Miles sent a message to his team and the "honeybadger" was he fall guy... at LSU's deepest position. hehe

Miles will look great for this, and I do love he did it... BUT.... If he was at Mississippi and not coming off a national championship run do you really think he would do this? NO.

LSU is LOADED FROM TOP TO BOTTOM WITH NFL TALENT.

I think Miles sent a message to his team and the "honeybadger" was he fall guy... at LSU's deepest position. hehe

Not sure this is the case at all. Heard on ESPN earlier today that the next three cornerbacks up for LSU.... are all freshman.

Doesn't sound like this is LSU's deepest position.

As for 'what if' this had happened at Mississippi.... I think the same would have happened.... schools are under a lot more pressure to do the right thing -- even SEC schools. A fallout from Penn State.

Not only did Mathieu break the athletic department/football team rules, he broke school rules as well. Suspect it's the same at Mississippi. 3 strikes and you're out. Just as Florida did with Jenkins last year. At some point, enough is enough and you don't have a choice. I think this is what happened at LSU. Hey, if any school had motivation to look the other way, or suspend him for a number of games, but not the season -- anything to keep him on the team -- it was LSU. They're a pre-season top-3 team. So.... they had every reason to compromise, and didn't.

Good on them.

I hope Mathieu can pull his head out of his rear. It's grown-up time. Time for him to step-up. His whole future is at stake.

Man there has to be a pretty big back story to this because it's near impossible to get thrown off a team like LSU if you are as good as he is. I don't know what it is but it tells me to stay away from him in the draft because if LSU said okay enough that tells me he must be a HUGE headache and that's not a shot at LSU, I'd say that about any football power rather it be Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, Ohio State, Florida, or Alabama. Major football power schools tend to find away to keep players that have this much talent you have to really do something bad to get tossed off the team.

I agree completely.

Not sure this is the case at all. Heard on ESPN earlier today that the next three cornerbacks up for LSU.... are all freshman.

Doesn't sound like this is LSU's deepest position.

As for 'what if' this had happened at Mississippi.... I think the same would have happened.... schools are under a lot more pressure to do the right thing -- even SEC schools. A fallout from Penn State.

Not only did Mathieu break the athletic department/football team rules, he broke school rules as well. Suspect it's the same at Mississippi. 3 strikes and you're out. Just as Florida did with Jenkins last year. At some point, enough is enough and you don't have a choice. I think this is what happened at LSU. Hey, if any school had motivation to look the other way, or suspend him for a number of games, but not the season -- anything to keep him on the team -- it was LSU. They're a pre-season top-3 team. So.... they had every reason to compromise, and didn't.

Good on them.

I hope Mathieu can pull his head out of his rear. It's grown-up time. Time for him to step-up. His whole future is at stake.

Yep they are frosh... and "honeybadger" was a "who" at the start of last season? He was a no name who got an opportunity to "play"....

I am telling you LSU is loaded.

Peterson, Claiborne, Mathau ... sp? Les Miles is getting it done at LSU.

And lets face it... the "honeybadger" was not a very good DB... but AWESOME in the return game.

the SEC is the "wild west" of college Football. Notre Dame has an All American get how many DUI's... and still stay on the team?

Now put that into perspective with LSU and the "honeybadger"...

ND needed Floyd... LSU does not need TM.

I've seen it happen time and time again...

It's big business... in the end. And LSU won't slip one bit by this departure.

Wow. This dude was gonna be a top 5 pick most likely.

Maybe but he was a better hitter and returner then anything, he lacked in cover ability, if he was going to be drafted to play Safety then he may have went high but personally I would have taken Baccari Rambo over him, if he was drafted to play Corner I dont think he is a 1st round pick by a long shot, He was solid at Safety I just thought there was better

Maybe but he was a better hitter and returner then anything, he lacked in cover ability, if he was going to be drafted to play Safety then he may have went high but personally I would have taken Baccari Rambo over him, if he was drafted to play Corner I dont think he is a 1st round pick by a long shot, He was solid at Safety I just thought there was better

I don't think he was thought of as a 1st round pick as a corner as things stood a week ago. Now, definitely not a 1st round pick.

But I don't think he was a 1st round pick as a safety either. Too small. We're talking 5'9" and 175-180. That's it. That's not even Bob Sanders size.

I think he was a 2nd-3rd round pick. He might've played his way into the 1st round this year.... but I think that chance is now gone. He's going to have to have a good year wherever he goes... keep clean, in every way possible, not just drugs, and then test very well in the spring. He'll also have to interview very well with teams who may be interested.

He can be his own best friend.... or his own worst enemy. It's all up to him now.

I don't think he was thought of as a 1st round pick as a corner as things stood a week ago. Now, definitely not a 1st round pick.

But I don't think he was a 1st round pick as a safety either. Too small. We're talking 5'9" and 175-180. That's it. That's not even Bob Sanders size.

I think he was a 2nd-3rd round pick. He might've played his way into the 1st round this year.... but I think that chance is now gone. He's going to have to have a good year wherever he goes... keep clean, in every way possible, not just drugs, and then test very well in the spring. He'll also have to interview very well with teams who may be interested.

He can be his own best friend.... or his own worst enemy. It's all up to him now.

I have seen mocks with him in the top 10, .. and as low as the mid second.

He blew it... big time. he cost himself a big signing bonus. .... .

oh well.

bump around teh webz.. U will be shocked how highly some rate this ... kid.

bump around teh webz.. U will be shocked how highly some rate this ... kid.

Actually, I don't think I would be surprised at all at some of the mocks on the kid. And perhaps I'm wrong on him.

But the only mocks I really care about are mocks from people whose livelihood is judging talent. Kiper/McShay at ESPN. The NFL.com and Network people. Those are the people I'm serious about.

The ability to post on the internet means everyone has an opinion. Doesn't make them right. heck, my mom has a blog on she's been dead for over 20 years! haha

Actually, I don't think I would be surprised at all at some of the mocks on the kid. And perhaps I'm wrong on him.

But the only mocks I really care about are mocks from people whose livelihood is judging talent. Kiper/McShay at ESPN. The NFL.com and Network people. Those are the people I'm serious about.

The ability to post on the internet means everyone has an opinion. Doesn't make them right. heck, my mom has a blog on she's been dead for over 20 years! haha

ouch.. YIKEESSSS.. ...

So tell us what the "great ones" had to offer on a undersized DB who is expected to play in teh NFL?

Great ones meaning Kiper and McFly... not you... )p

Which is Good..... and can be very ...

Just don't know.... he is a player.

So did YOU go around ":YOUR" die hard info sites to get a vibe?

hmmm? Not trying to be a smart butt but TM was all over the draft boards.....

Ahhhh, McNeese State, home of the.... ummmm, ummmm...

ummmmm...

ummmmm....

ummmmm...

Where the f :edit: is McNeese State?

Well, Mathieu is offcially off my Big Board.

Also, more importantly, he *ed up a great oppurtunity, and now will have to be a early to mid round pick in next year's draft.

Nice job Tyrann. Well, I take back every prediction I had about him.

Ok I have to ask..how old are you? You are more than aware of the forum's rule about masked profanity yet you seem to don't seem to care. I've seen you beg the moderators to be temporarily exempt from the "no profanity" rule in the chat room on gameday. Some of your write-ups appear to be very professional and well written but it's times like this that it becomes very difficult to take you seriously. It's times like this that make me wonder if those well written write-ups really came from you or if perhaps they may be at least partially plagiarized. You don't seem to care about the rules around here about masked profanity so why would you care about rules about plagiarism?

In person, I'm as foul-mouthed as anyone you'll ever meet but I also know there's a time and place to stifle that kind of thing, and in a place where that kind of thing is expressly forbidden, I am capable of conversing and expressing my feelings and emotions without resorting to such language. On the other hand, asking the mods to be temporarily exempt so you can curse all you want for a brief time just makes you come off like a whiny little crack-pot with the impulse control of a 2 year old.

Just sayin....think about it. ;)

As to the topic at hand, i'm not exactly surprised. Mathieu was suspended for a couple of games last year for rule violations. Honestly I was never that high on him in the first place. He has some skills but doesn't seem to be able to *ahem* follow the rules. I'd rather have Eric Reid picked up by the Colts than Mathieu if we were going to take someone from the LSU secondary. Just my 2 cents. :)

Still waiting....

I don't know what you're waiting for....

Neither Kiper or McShay have him as a 1st rounder. I haven't looked anywhere else. Too early for me to care much at this point.

But the bigger news came this morning.... and I'll post that here, but in a different post.