Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What will be the biggest surprise in the 2012 season?

bap1331

I think Tony Romo will get cut or benched. I really dont see why people blame Romo. His offensive line doesnt protect him so hes always hurt. I read an article on how hes going to be the most pressured player this year to win a Super Bowl:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a0bae9/article/which-nfl-player-faces-the-most-pressure-to-win-a-super-bowl?module=HP11_cp

Benching Romo for Orton would be a tremendous mistake. There's just no possible scenario where I could see that happening barring injury. Romo has never played poorly enough over any sort of significant stretch to warrant him sitting. Then again, I guess that's what makes it so surprising :)

Personally, I think if any big name QB is going to flop enough to invoke a major QB controversy it might be Michael Vick.

Eagles going to the Super Bowl...hurts me to say it because I don't like them but hey, it's possible lol.

Yes, QuizBoy. It is possible, but only if the o-line can protect Vick. He seemed to almost always miss a couple of games during the season. If Vick is out for a significant stretch, the Eagles SB dreams are dead in the water. Losing Asante Samuel in the secondary hurts them too IMO.

Yes, QuizBoy. It is possible, but only if the o-line can protect Vick. He seemed to almost always miss a couple of games during the season. If Vick is out for a significant stretch, the Eagles SB dreams are dead in the water. Losing Asante Samuel in the secondary hurts them too IMO.

Yep. Spot on. Vick better stop running as much as well and learn to slide rather than taking hits from linebackers and safeties lol. And I still can't believe they traded Samuel. That was a big surprise.

Yep. Spot on. Vick better stop running as much as well and learn to slide rather than taking hits from linebackers and safeties lol. And I still can't believe they traded Samuel. That was a big surprise.

Right on QuizBoy. Speaking of Asante Samuel going to Atlanta, along with that DC Mike Nolan going there as well, could make the Falcons a surprise dark horse team this year too since defense has been their achilles heel since QB Matt Ryan has been there. Their lack of defensive prowess always kills their squad in the Playoffs. Asante Samuel and Mike Nolan will turn that team's playoff woes around in a season or 2 IMO.

Bengals make the AFC Championship Game

Not this year Gramz, but in a couple of seasons Marvin Lewis & "The Red Rifle" could give the Steelers & Ravens some serious fits. Their defense is legit & obtaining "the Law Firm" from NE will make the Cincinnati Cats a serious Playoffs threat in the immediate future.

I could definitely see the Saints making a strong push to the playoffs this season. They have been known in the past to turn emotion into inspiration (Katrina mainly) so I could see it having the effect again with this bounty junk but in reverse; instead of the feel good story the villains....

If the Panthers D gets on track and Cam does not suffer from a slump the Panthers are the ones I feel to challenge them. Cam actually sorta reminds me of a young Warren Moon too after a friend pointed it out to me this offseason.

Atlanta won't be terrible by any means and should win games but I am not as sold yet that they are simply anything but overrated. Feel free to prove me wrong Falcons.

NFC South is a tough division, will be interesting to see how it shakes out.