Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just a look at some ticket prices around the league right now

chad72

I never would have imagined the Broncos' ticket price would have been twice that of the Colts, trailing just the Pats. I dont think the Colts ever had that kind of price tag, ever, did we? The Pats' market and NY markets along with Chicago, I can understand. But Denver is not in the same magnitude as those markets, hence surprising to me.

http://www.broncosga...-ticket-market/

Denver is a very good sports town. Surprising they are so high up but I would expect them to be top 10. Colts are a small market team and like most they can't generate the revenue that a lot of other teams can....thus why we get the combine. Some of those prices are crazy but a lot of teams have waiting lists that probably last decades. Thus why we have to be careful about our franchise and why we built it the way we did with Peyton and that offense. 1 year removed from Peyton and the playoffs and we are having trouble selling out. If we don't build this right and Luck doesn't become a pro bowl caliber qb we could again see blackouts.

Im surprised the game against the Ravens is so low, but none of the others surprise me, but the second graph doesnt surprise me at all, I rather watch games on my 40 inch sony and save the money.

I don't know how well that attitude floats in America, but in the UK it's commonly accepted that nothing beats going to the games themselves. I've a 42 inch at home and I'll always, always go to my local team's matches live instead of watching it on TV.

I don't know how well that attitude floats in America, but in the UK it's commonly accepted that nothing beats going to the games themselves. I've a 42 inch at home and I'll always, always go to my local team's matches live instead of watching it on TV.

Nothing to do with attitude, I dont know why you would presume to think it would be, it has to do with more of a common sense, you can see much more watching the game on tv then you can several rows up when your trying to watch a tiny ball get passed around by several big men, not to mention save the money and you dont know what my income bracket is

Then why would anybody go at all, if it's such an issue of common sense?

And if you have a 40 inch TV, your income bracket is either pretty fine or you've got badly mistaken priorities.

Agreed.

For me it's like going to a concert... Yeah I could sit in my car and crank the CD, but seeing/hearing a band live is way different, and more exciting for me at least. Lucas Oil has two extremely large "tv's" in a couple corners of the building. They'll show all the good stuff right there during and after the play. I don't feel like i'm missing anything.

I'd pay $120 for the 400's section at LOS. The seats are really good and not having to hear Joe Buck talk ish about the Colts is worth the price of admission. I can watch my 50 inch Panasonic when they play out of town, but if I have the opportunity to go to a game...I'll do it for sure.

To me it all depends on the seats.

Great seats, which would likely be the equivalent to watching from on top of a high school press box, are great to watch a game from.

The worse the seats, the worse the enjoyment level.

Some enjoy the atmosphere more than others. Some like knowing that if they want a drink they walk to the fridge instead of wasting 20 minutes going up to get one.

The NFL is trying to make the experience more fan friendly.

I went to see Favre/Packers play the Panthers on a Monday night back in 05, mostly because I thought it could be one of the final chances to see him play. I wanted to add him to the list of QB's that I watched live and the seats while cheap 25 each, weren't that great at all. Seeing the whole play develop and being able to say you saw him were the only real benefiting factors of going to the game. Otherwise I would have likely enjoyed the game more from my couch.

Or maybe I am on food stamps and making close to 700 a month with an income based rent living in a 1 bedroom apartment, as for going to the games, I get that going is a fun experience but you get a much closer look at the action because of the cameras while watching tv then you do lets say, up in the nose bleed section and not to mention the seats you get may put you in a bad spot

If so, return the TV and put the money to better use.

Agreed.

For me it's like going to a concert... Yeah I could sit in my car and crank the CD, but seeing/hearing a band live is way different, and more exciting for me at least. Lucas Oil has two extremely large "tv's" in a couple corners of the building. They'll show all the good stuff right there during and after the play. I don't feel like i'm missing anything.

I'd pay $120 for the 400's section at LOS. The seats are really good and not having to hear Joe Buck talk ish about the Colts is worth the price of admission. I can watch my 50 inch Panasonic when they play out of town, but if I have the opportunity to go to a game...I'll do it for sure.

Thank you for making the points for me, and it's good to see it's not a difference in culture, more of a difference with Gavin's preference. The concert analogy is a good one.

As well, Gavin, do you not have Game Rewind? If so surely there's the option to go to the game, enjoy the atmosphere and the day out, see all the players in the flesh, then come home, analyse and relive it later?

I'm going to Wembley for the International Series game this year and I couldn't be more excited, I've never been to an NFL game before (missed previous Wembley games) and I'd certainly not miss it to watch it on TV - I'm even missing a Colts game for it. To me, nothing beats going there in person.

If so, return the TV and put the money to better use.

Thank you for making the points for me, and it's good to see it's not a difference in culture, more of a difference with Gavin's preference. The concert analogy is a good one.

As well, Gavin, do you not have Game Rewind? If so surely there's the option to go to the game, enjoy the atmosphere and the day out, see all the players in the flesh, then come home, analyse and relive it later?

I'm going to Wembley for the International Series game this year and I couldn't be more excited, I've never been to an NFL game before (missed previous Wembley games) and I'd certainly not miss it to watch it on TV - I'm even missing a Colts game for it. To me, nothing beats going there in person.

Being american but having the experience of going to a football match in England when I visited friends in Manchester I will say that there is similarities but yet a big difference to football here. Fans in England were insane! Much crazier and more loyal then I believe I have ever witnessed here. Just going to the pubs the days leading up and the match itself and the singing and the comrodary of people was impressive over there. Nothing like it here. I will say I've been to all sorts of events over here and nothing...nothing...came close to that. Football games...regular season or playoffs...basketball...college games.

Over here I think people are a lot more lazy..and just enjoy laying on the couch with some beer and wings. We all know its the atmosphere that makes the games special not the view. Here a lot of people just are more lazy...now Gavin on the other hand I believe sounds like an Economical situation in which it makes absolutely perfect sense. My friends in England spent a fortune on tickets and they lived very below middle class I would consider but they were just fanatical about it....and I see why....its much more woven into the fabric of their society. Imagine if football basically was the only sport here.....no basketball or baseball..etc..it would be much more important to us. Also the rivalries are so much more intense because the geography of everything being so much closer together...kinda think like Auburn/Alabama but on roids lol.

I totally understand why a lot stay home. It isn't economical for most here to go...and a having a 40 inch tv is pretty affordable. Perhaps it cost a lot more in England but over here depending on the brand that isn't living lavishly or unrealisticly for someone that can't afford to go to games. Anyways I think watching Sunday football on TV has become just as much a ritual as going to the game....some people get everyone around and have food and watch several games...since all the games are on one day it isn't like with football (soccer) where the events happen on different days...imagine you had all soccer games on one day of the week...a lot more people might stay at home to watch all the action then go to just their favorite team.....actually you guys would still go but that wouldn't work well for soccer fans.

NFL tickets are ridiculously high priced. It would as going to cost me $1000 to take my family (4 ppl total) to a game with mid upper level seats. The stadium view application from the seats made the field look small. Instead of going to the game, I bought a 60" Plasma screen TV, and pocketed $200.

I went to an NFL game when I lived in Miami. I sat on the field, next to the Dolphins' sideline, for an Armed Forces appreciation day event vs the Lions in 2001/02. The atmosphere was cool, but not worth the price of a ticket IMO.

It's a good thing Bears fans are crazy otherwise they would never sell out.

They renovated Soldier Field a decade back but other than that, the Halas family is raking in a whole lot of money!

This is the city that roots for someone who has't won in over a century. Sadly I'm part of that fan crowd! haha Go Cubbies.

Reading the article these are second market tickets like Stub Hub or others where the price can go up depending on the popularity of the matchup.. Having sold out games makes the tickets more wanted. These are not regular prices. I have been a season ticket holder for awhile and on occasion have put up my tickets for sale. I am in the 400 section and have sold my $120 tickets for as much as $300, that was for a Pats game. Never sold them for less than $180. That covers my price and the commission price for stub hub and I have always enclosed my parking pass for the game whether they use it or not.

Hopefully that year comes before I die, Im only 29 so I like to think there is an outside chance

I'd like to tell you there is hope. My Grandfather was 29 once in 1961. 53 years had passed since the Cubs won a World Series at that time. He's still around...but he's given up hope lol.

1. As others have noted, these are secondary market sales prices. No surprise, teams with larger fan bases and that are having success fetch bigger prices on StubHub. In Chicago's case, you're talking about one of the largest fan bases for a team plays in a stadium with the smallest capacity in the NFL.

2. There was an article about 3 or 4 years ago on SI.com that listed the largest season-ticket waiting lists in the NFL. Surprisingly, most teams don't have long lists. And many believe that the Redskins claim to a list of over 100,000 is a fraud. A good friend of mine who is a Skins fan in western MD gets a call from the Redskins every year trying to sell him tickets, and he only got on the list a few years ago. Yes, Washington sells out its games, but the stadium is so large that fans from the opposing teams show up in droves. I was at the Sunday night game in 2010, and I was blown away by the number of Colts fans there.

3. For me, the in-stadium experience generally trumps the TV experience, although you miss things in the stadium that you wouldn't on TV at times. For example, we don't always know why some players suddenly disappear, and the PA announcer doesn't provide injury updates (thankfully, my smartphone includes an FM receiver, so I can listen to Lamey). I can't imagine having skipped both AFC championship games and the 4th-and-2 game vs. the Pats in favor of my 40-inch flat screen.

4. Having been stationed in Germany when that country won the '90 World Cup, I can attest that nothing beats the fan passion for soccer. Generally, however, Premier League stadiums are notably smaller than NFL stadiums (Old Trafford and Emirates are exceptions, not the rule), so I think the experience in England is a bit more cozy.

5. God willing, the Cubs won't win a World Series in any of our lifetimes. Go Reds!

1. As others have noted, these are secondary market sales prices. No surprise, teams with larger fan bases and that are having success fetch bigger prices on StubHub. In Chicago's case, you're talking about one of the largest fan bases for a team plays in a stadium with the smallest capacity in the NFL.

2. There was an article about 3 or 4 years ago on SI.com that listed the largest season-ticket waiting lists in the NFL. Surprisingly, most teams don't have long lists. And many believe that the Redskins claim to a list of over 100,000 is a fraud. A good friend of mine who is a Skins fan in western MD gets a call from the Redskins every year trying to sell him tickets, and he only got on the list a few years ago. Yes, Washington sells out its games, but the stadium is so large that fans from the opposing teams show up in droves. I was at the Sunday night game in 2010, and I was blown away by the number of Colts fans there.

3. For me, the in-stadium experience generally trumps the TV experience, although you miss things in the stadium that you wouldn't on TV at times. For example, we don't always know why some players suddenly disappear, and the PA announcer doesn't provide injury updates (thankfully, my smartphone includes an FM receiver, so I can listen to Lamey). I can't imagine having skipped both AFC championship games and the 4th-and-2 game vs. the Pats in favor of my 40-inch flat screen.

4. Having been stationed in Germany when that country won the '90 World Cup, I can attest that nothing beats the fan passion for soccer. Generally, however, Premier League stadiums are notably smaller than NFL stadiums (Old Trafford and Emirates are exceptions, not the rule), so I think the experience in England is a bit more cozy.

5. God willing, the Cubs won't win a World Series in any of our lifetimes. Go Reds!

Im surprised the game against the Ravens is so low, but none of the others surprise me, but the second graph doesnt surprise me at all, I rather watch games on my 40 inch sony and save the money.

I am going to be watching on a 70" Samsung with he Bose 7 speaker surround powered by a Onkyo reciever, $199 Sunday Ticket and Stella flowing freely from the Kegorator. Go Colts, go broncos i can't wait.

This is the city that roots for someone who has't won in over a century. Sadly I'm part of that fan crowd! haha Go Cubbies.

Cub fans never give up!!!!....They know what 2-14 feels like....!!!

..and we're in the same boat..new GM...new masterminds.......building with the young phenoms....

..against all odds!!!

Cubs and Colts......dogs and cats..living together.... :highfive:

Being american but having the experience of going to a football match in England when I visited friends in Manchester I will say that there is similarities but yet a big difference to football here. Fans in England were insane! Much crazier and more loyal then I believe I have ever witnessed here. Just going to the pubs the days leading up and the match itself and the singing and the comrodary of people was impressive over there. Nothing like it here. I will say I've been to all sorts of events over here and nothing...nothing...came close to that. Football games...regular season or playoffs...basketball...college games.

Over here I think people are a lot more lazy..and just enjoy laying on the couch with some beer and wings. We all know its the atmosphere that makes the games special not the view. Here a lot of people just are more lazy...now Gavin on the other hand I believe sounds like an Economical situation in which it makes absolutely perfect sense. My friends in England spent a fortune on tickets and they lived very below middle class I would consider but they were just fanatical about it....and I see why....its much more woven into the fabric of their society. Imagine if football basically was the only sport here.....no basketball or baseball..etc..it would be much more important to us. Also the rivalries are so much more intense because the geography of everything being so much closer together...kinda think like Auburn/Alabama but on roids lol.

I totally understand why a lot stay home. It isn't economical for most here to go...and a having a 40 inch tv is pretty affordable. Perhaps it cost a lot more in England but over here depending on the brand that isn't living lavishly or unrealisticly for someone that can't afford to go to games. Anyways I think watching Sunday football on TV has become just as much a ritual as going to the game....some people get everyone around and have food and watch several games...since all the games are on one day it isn't like with football (soccer) where the events happen on different days...imagine you had all soccer games on one day of the week...a lot more people might stay at home to watch all the action then go to just their favorite team.....actually you guys would still go but that wouldn't work well for soccer fans.

I never would have imagined the Broncos' ticket price would have been twice that of the Colts, trailing just the Pats. I dont think the Colts ever had that kind of price tag, ever, did we? The Pats' market and NY markets along with Chicago, I can understand. But Denver is not in the same magnitude as those markets, hence surprising to me.

http://www.broncosga...-ticket-market/

I have a 59" plasma with a 6.1 kickass surround system. Watching the game in HD is FANTASTC!

However, it does not compare to the live experience. I live in Canada, though, so it's tough to get to any games. When I saw my first and only game in Indy back in 2005, the tix were pretty darn expensive (3 tickets about $230ish each). It was worth every penny though, to experience the ear piercing noise level of the RCA Dome, even though my beloved 13-0 Colts lost to my the since hated Chargers, ruining what was supposed to be the Colts perfect season.

I've also been to games in Oakland, Miami, San Diego (the worst pro stadium I have been in, but nice city), and of course, many games in Minneapolis (I am very happy that their new stadium will be built on the Metrodome site), as Minnie is at least in reasonable one day driving distance for me, being about a 7.5 hour drive.

Didn't get to any games last year, but this year I have a late September game on tap in GreenBay, which is the most expensive place I have gone to a game at. Three tickets cost over $900.00. Then, in late November I am going to a game in Tampa, which is cheap. Three tickets only cost me a total of about $200!

I can't wait to take in a game at LOS, I hope to get there either next year or the year after, hopefully with the Colts having re-emerged as strong SB contenders.

Anyway, to watch a game in HD on a sweet tv/surround set up is awesome, but does not even begin to compare to the live experience. This holds true for other sports, too. Watching the new Winnipeg Jets live in Winnipeg is almost an unmatched live game day experience. This past December, I saw Arsenal live at Emirates Stadium in London, and I can say that watching soccer live in the UK is WAY better than watching on TV.

U talkin soccer?

I go to one game a year for the Colts, Cubs and Purdue football. Its not just the ticket prices its the hours of driving (on toll roads for Cubs), buying food and staying in a hotel that make actually attending the games a bigger deal than just saying "Im going to the game because nothing beats seeing it in person"

Maybe where u live in the UK theres a team really close but for a huge portion of NFL fans their "local" team is acually hours away so theres a considerable expense and just general fatigue from attending games. Thats why I only do it once and am happy to watch the other Colts games on my tv.