Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Read with a grain of salt.......

subvet

The writer did not do his research. The Colts did not make 12 consecutive playoff appearances. They missed out in 2001. Loss of credibility. Nice try, Bleacher Report

I was gonna ask about that very stat.....

Within the last month -- since I joined this community -- ESPN ran a full screen stat showing the longest continuous stretch of making the playoffs by a team. And the Indianapolis Colts were tired for first with 9 straight seasons. I confess when I saw the number as 12 in the story that caught my eye.... I was gonna check today. Thanks for confirming.

I was gonna ask about that very stat.....

Within the last month -- since I joined this community -- ESPN ran a full screen stat showing the longest continuous stretch of making the playoffs by a team. And the Indianapolis Colts were tired for first with 9 straight seasons. I confess when I saw the number as 12 in the story that caught my eye.... I was gonna check today. Thanks for confirming.

I just remember 2 years ago when we went 10-6, I kept hearing Peyton and Reggie in interviews saying things like "you don't want to be the team that doesn't make the playoffs. We didn't make it in 2001 and it left a bitter taste in our mouths", so that's how I knew. I don't have a Bleacher Report account, or I would have commented on the article

He thinks Denver's Defense is Good? Their Front 7, maybe yes. But the Secondary is Suspect. Dawkins Retired, & Bailey is getting Older. Now, Bailey is still an Impact on that field, not taking anything from him. But Father Time catches everyone, I see him going on his Decline this year. So, the Broncos making the Playoffs just because of PM coming over, I don't see it. They havent solved their O-Line issues. So, I see Peyton trying to do 3 Step Drops a lot this year.

As for us (Colts), I could see us making a Contention for the Playoffs if we do come out the Gate like Race Horses in the Kentucky Derby lol. Andrew Luck was is probably the Smartest QB taken in the Draft in the past 5 Years IMO. He'll make us Contenders, we just have to take things Slow in the Off-Season & Build Chemistry. The Team should be feeling like a Family

He thinks Denver's Defense is Good? Their Front 7, maybe yes. But the Secondary is Suspect. Dawkins Retired, & Bailey is getting Older. Now, Bailey is still an Impact on that field, not taking anything from him. But Father Time catches everyone, I see him going on his Decline this year. So, the Broncos making the Playoffs just because of PM coming over, I don't see it. They havent solved their O-Line issues. So, I see Peyton trying to do 3 Step Drops a lot this year.

How many teams don't have any issues with any one unit?

The Colts went 10-6 in 2010 with Manning, and 2-14 without him in 2011. I think it's safe to say that he's worth 4 wins by himself. The Broncos won 8 games last year, and their defense and special teams were a strength. Even if the defense takes a step back, the passing game should be tremendously improved. I don't think expecting 10 wins out of the Broncos is a stretch at all, not if Manning is healthy.

How many teams don't have any issues with any one unit?

The Colts went 10-6 in 2010 with Manning, and 2-14 without him in 2011. I think it's safe to say that he's worth 4 wins by himself. The Broncos won 8 games last year, and their defense and special teams were a strength. Even if the defense takes a step back, the passing game should be tremendously improved. I don't think expecting 10 wins out of the Broncos is a stretch at all, not if Manning is healthy.

I just dont see it with their O-Line

I just dont see it with their O-Line

Their line isn't all that bad. It isn't nearly as bad as our line was in 2008 (12 wins) or 2010 (10 wins). And it's no worse than it was last season, when they ran for 2,632 yards (1st) and 4.8 ypc (6th).

Their line isn't all that bad. It isn't nearly as bad as our line was in 2008 (12 wins) or 2010 (10 wins). And it's no worse than it was last season, when they ran for 2,632 yards (1st) and 4.8 ypc (6th).

Pass Protection wise, yes they are. Let's be Real here, Tebow made the Broncos due to his Ability to Extend the Play. Peyton is NOT a Runner. He can't Extend the play so I look for him to take more Hits than he did in Indianapolis

Pass Protection wise, yes they are. Let's be Real here, Tebow made the Broncos due to his Ability to Extend the Play. Peyton is NOT a Runner. He can't Extend the play so I look for him to take more Hits than he did in Indianapolis

Manning is known for not having to extend the play. He'll have his hots and his dumpoffs, and they Broncos will probably give up less than half the amount of sacks they gave up last season. That's not to say that they'll be that much better at pass protection. But our offensive line was atrocious in 2008 and 2010, and Manning was sacked fewer times in those two years combined than the Broncos quarterbacks were last year.

And, I'll state again, the Broncos offensive line isn't that bad, even at pass protection.

I just remember 2 years ago when we went 10-6, I kept hearing Peyton and Reggie in interviews saying things like "you don't want to be the team that doesn't make the playoffs. We didn't make it in 2001 and it left a bitter taste in our mouths", so that's how I knew. I don't have a Bleacher Report account, or I would have commented on the article

Coming from you this astonishes me. I would have thought that you just "knew" without the reminder. I sometimes get the endless amazingly successful years confused, but I've never had a problem vividly remembering the one year where everything went haywire. A sadly memorable year.

Coming from you this astonishes me. I would have thought that you just "knew" without the reminder. I sometimes get the endless amazingly successful years confused, but I've never had a problem vividly remembering the one year where everything went haywire. A sadly memorable year.

haha it's not to say I didn't know. It's just they kept bringing it up when the media would ask them. They said they were going to fight for the playoffs because no one wants to be the team sitting at home.

Tony Ugoh started 12 games in 2008 -

Charlie Johnson started 16 games -

Jeff Saturday started 12 games-

Mike Pollak (Rookie)- started 13 games -

I believe we gave up 14 sacks that year

Ryan Diem started 16 games -

Jaime Richard started 7 games

http://sports.yahoo....rt=8&timeframe= if we gave up more, I cant find it yet

the Broncos gave up 42 sack last year alone, the first game vs the Raiders 3 sacks were given up but they were all self inflicted, 2 by Orton hanging onto the ball to long and the other, the ball slipped out of his hand as he was cocking back to throw. I think its interesting to see how many sacks were really self inflicted or simply because a linemen got beat in some way or a running back didn't pick up a blitz

I think Denver is going balanced run/pass, often out of two back sets. I see a lot of 3 and 5 step drops and short/med passes. With opposing D trying to stuff the run on 2 back sets and clog the short passing lanes, sometimes the big one will be open and enough blockers to pull it off. Peyton won't miss it unless his arm doesn't get back to 90-95% of before injury. And their young secondary isn't going to be bad, why we traded for one of their CB that wasn't even going to make their roster, yet we hope he'll be a #2 or solid nickel? OTOH, C Gronk wasn't gonna last here either, so a sensible trade on both sides there.