Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early 2013 NFL Draft Big Board

Top 32:

1. Matt Barkley -- Quarterback --USC

Great pocket passer with good arm strength and pretty good accuracy.

2. DJ Fluker -- Offensive Tackle -- Alabama

Freakishly athletic offensive tackle with great strength.

3. Robert Woods -- Wide Receiver -- USC

Reggie Wayne like receiver who's great all around.

4. Jarvis Jones -- Outside Linebacker -- Georgia

Relentless 3-4 (edge) pass rusher who has good speed and a great motor.

5. Tyrann Mathieu -- Cornerback -- LSU

Great physical cornerback who played great accros from Claiborne.

6. Manti Te'o -- Linebacker -- Notre Dame

Would have been mid first round pick this year; showing good blitzing speed and is already a great tackler.

7. David Amerson -- Cornerback -- North Carolina

Good corner who shows he's a ballhawk and is great in coverage. Darelle Revis 2.0

8. Sam Montgomery -- Defensive End / 3-4 Outside Linebacker -- LSU

Speedy great rusher reminds me of Melvin Ingram.

9. Tyler Bray -- Quarterback -- Texas

Talented young kid with lots of potential. He has great size, a great arm and doesn't make mistakes.

10. Barkevious Mingo -- Defensive End / 3-4 Outside Linebacker -- LSU

Mario Williams like player as he's big and is good at pass rushing and run stopping.

11. Jonathan Hankins -- Nose Tackle -- Ohio State

Big monster has an explosive first step and could be a nightmare for QBs this year.

12. Johnny Adams -- Cornerback -- Michigan State

Very patient cornerback who waits for his chance to go for the kill. Also has great speed.

13. Keenan Allen -- Wide Receiver -- California

Would be interesting to see how he would do if he were with Barkley. Big strong receiver with great hands.

14. Taylor Lewan -- Offensive Tackle -- Michigan

Reminds me of Jake Long. He's great in pass and run blocking, and could add some muscle to his frame.

15. Star Lotulelei -- Nose Tackle -- Utah

Big strong explosive nose tackle, but won't get as much attention due to his school.

16. Marcus Lattimore -- Running Back -- South Carolina

ACL surgery never helps, but he's still huge and has not ba speed. He's a better Brandon Jacobs.

17. Landry Jones -- Quarterback -- Oklahoma

Experienced, accurate smart kid who is patient.

18. Jonathan Banks -- Cornerback -- Mississippi State

A kid that is on the rise, he's a speedy ball hawk who's becoming a better tackler.

19. Tyler Eifert -- Tight End -- Notre Dame

Coby Fleener 2.0! Eifert is a great blocker and is former receiver who can make plays and catch well.

20. E.J Manuel -- Quarterback -- Florida State

The surprise riser of the year. FSU is set for a big year and it will be behind Manuel's big arm and good mobility.

21. Williams Gholston -- Defensive -- Michigan State

Quinton Coples like player; has a big frame and big means which equates to good pass rushing skills.

22. Ricky Wagner -- Offensive Tackle -- Wisconsin

Did a great job protecting Russell Wilson and should do a great job this year.

23. Xavier Rhodes -- Cornerback -- Florida State

Star of the defense should bring this defense to the top of the NCAA food chain.

24. Luke Joeckel -- Offensive Tackle -- Texas A&M

Experienced starter, who isn't athletic but is technically sound. Could have a Riley Reiff type rise.

25. Tyler Wilson -- Quarterback -- Arkansas

Arkansas makes great QBs; Wilson has great size, a pro-like system, and a good arm. Could rise into top 10.

26. Kawann Short -- Defensive Tackle -- Purdue

Dominates double teams even though he isn't that explosive. Strong as an ox and could have a meteoric rise.

27. Le'Veon Ball -- Running Back -- Michigan State

Peyton Hillis-type back who bashes and bruises while still having the ability to be patient and find holes.

28. Corey Lemonier -- Defensive End -- Auburn

Chandler Jones clone. Small for his size, but will get bigger. He has the athleticism and the speed to be great!

29. Jackson Jeffcoat -- Defensive End -- Texas

Dynamic defensive end who can pass rush and uses his overpowering strength to stop the run.

30. T.J MacDonald -- Safety -- USC

Physical safety who's also great in coverage. Best safety in this draft.

31. Marquess Wilson -- Wide Receiver -- Washington State

Productive receiver who plays for a small school. Very good athletically and could definitely rise.

32. Jonathan Cooper -- Offensive Guard -- North Carolina

The best guard in this draft possesses good footwork and nice strength. He's a 2nd round pick in this year's draft.

If the Colts are in the top-5 in the 2013 Draft, I hope the FO trades down a few spots (i.e. 5th to 9th) and uses both 2nd Rd picks (our 2nd + the other teams 2nd) to trade back up into the 1st for (1a) Keenan Allen & (1b)Xavier Rhodes.

Allen Bailey is already in the NFL via KC Chiefs

not if and when we finish with a worse record then they do, we can get him, but of course I am way wrong on my draft and Grigson will likely go in a completely different direction and draft offense again and that probably wont include a Guard :facepalm:

Anyone kind of getting PO'd that with all the D talent this year we don't have every pick in the first round this year

well if we get the first pick in the draft again we can get plenty of picks to make up for it and still get Amerson and Brandon Jenkins or another stud linebacker

not if and when we finish with a worse record then they do, we can get him, but of course I am way wrong on my draft and Grigson will likely go in a completely different direction and draft offense again and that probably wont include a Guard :facepalm:

I'm not understanding this post. I mean Allen Bailey is literally in the NFL. He was drafted by the chiefs in 2011 in the third round

I'm just going to point it out I don't like Brandon Jenkins. I mean I don't pay attention to FSU and all I saw on the only highlight tape i watched was a 4-3 end that ran himself out of plays. Then I saw he has a nice quick step and spin move that is fast. Still I'm not that high on him. That can all change though depending on this season if he handles the double teams well

Amerson should be the guy for us next year if we dont supprise people and do better then anyone expects. But if were in the top ten to me Its gotta be Amerson or Jarvis Jones. But Grigson has said he is gonna take the best player available when it comes to the draft so I wouldnt be supprised if he would take a Robert Woods. I really hope we gon Defense though for the first three rounds at least. To me it need to CB/OLB hopefully one of the guys I mentioned, CB/OLB whichever position we didnt adress in the first and then maybe another CB.

The only reason I see Mathieu > Amerson is the strength of their opponents. Amerson had much prettier stats, but played against a bunch of crap unseeded teams with nobody at quarterback. LSU had a tough schedule, and teams threw away from him.

So, preseason wise, Mathieu has a slight advantage and his punt returning skills is a bonus.

The only reason I see Mathieu > Amerson is the strength of their opponents. Amerson had much prettier stats, but played against a bunch of crap unseeded teams with nobody at quarterback. LSU had a tough schedule, and teams threw away from him.

So, preseason wise, Mathieu has a slight advantage and his punt returning skills is a bonus.

Then by that logic Alabama's AJ MCCarron should be the top rated QB this season. After all he did burn the "honeybadgers" butt up in the NCG. And TM looked very bad in that game. That is a terribly poor reason to rank one player over another, many more factors involved.

My eyesight alone tells me Amerson is the man. And that Mathiew plays with some OUTSTANDING talent on D.

And the SEC is not a great passing league to begin with only 2 really great passing teams last year.. SEC is a physical run the ball and play D league.

So we just outscore people.... we have only witnessed for a decade now.. couple more years can't hurt.

Wont hurt at all......except our chances to win a couple superbowls and to be up their with names of...New England (yes I dont care if the RUMOR is they may have cheated during their SuperBowl runs, it hasnt been proven)....Giants....Steelers......surprisingly those teams all had defenses during their runs with the exception of New England last year. Also surprisingly during the Colts one Superbowl victory our defense showed up, Also that's what ended the hopes of our second superbowl bid....a team that had defense, Our defense kept us in that game if I remember and Peyton to Porter instead of Peyton to Wayne sealed our fate

I am just editing your board to how I would put it.

Top 32:

1. Matt Barkley -- Quarterback --USC

Great pocket passer with good arm strength and pretty good accuracy.

2. DJ Fluker -- Offensive Tackle -- Alabama

Freakishly athletic offensive tackle with great strength.

3. Robert Woods -- Wide Receiver -- USC

Reggie Wayne like receiver who's great all around.

4. David Amerson -- Cornerback -- North Carolina State

Good corner who shows he's a ballhawk and is great in coverage. Good size at 6-3.

5. Jarvis Jones -- Outside Linebacker -- Georgia

Relentless 3-4 (edge) pass rusher who has good speed and a great motor.

6. Manti Te'o -- Linebacker -- Notre Dame

Would have been mid first round pick this year; showing good blitzing speed and is already a great tackler.

7. Sam Montgomery -- Defensive End / 3-4 Outside Linebacker -- LSU

Speedy great rusher reminds me of Melvin Ingram.

8. Tyler Bray -- Quarterback -- Tennessee

Talented young kid with lots of potential. He has great size, a great arm and doesn't make mistakes.

9. Barkevious Mingo -- Defensive End / 3-4 Outside Linebacker -- LSU

Mario Williams like player as he's big and is good at pass rushing and run stopping.

10. Jonathan Hankins -- Nose Tackle -- Ohio State

Big monster has an explosive first step and could be a nightmare for QBs this year.

11. Johnny Adams -- Cornerback -- Michigan State

Very patient cornerback who waits for his chance to go for the kill. Also has great speed.

12. Keenan Allen -- Wide Receiver -- California

Would be interesting to see how he would do if he were with Barkley. Big strong receiver with great hands.

13. Taylor Lewan -- Offensive Tackle -- Michigan

Reminds me of Jake Long. He's great in pass and run blocking, and could add some muscle to his frame.

14. Star Lotulelei -- Nose Tackle -- Utah

Big strong explosive nose tackle, but won't get as much attention due to his school.

15. Marcus Lattimore -- Running Back -- South Carolina

ACL surgery never helps, but he's still huge and has not ba speed. He's a better Brandon Jacobs.

16. Landry Jones -- Quarterback -- Oklahoma

Experienced, accurate smart kid who is patient.

17. Jonathan Banks -- Cornerback -- Mississippi State

A kid that is on the rise, he's a speedy ball hawk who's becoming a better tackler.

18. Barrett Jones -- Offensive Tackle/Guard/Center

The most versatile lineman in the draft. Player LT for one of the nations top run games last year and is switching to C this year. Should have a great year.

19. Tyler Eifert -- Tight End -- Notre Dame

Coby Fleener 2.0! Eifert is a great blocker and is former receiver who can make plays and catch well.

20. E.J Manuel -- Quarterback -- Florida State

The surprise riser of the year. FSU is set for a big year and it will be behind Manuel's big arm and good mobility.

21. Williams Gholston -- Defensive -- Michigan State

Quinton Coples like player; has a big frame and big means which equates to good pass rushing skills.

22. Ricky Wagner -- Offensive Tackle -- Wisconsin

Did a great job protecting Russell Wilson and should do a great job this year.

23. Xavier Rhodes -- Cornerback -- Florida State

Star of the defense should bring this defense to the top of the NCAA food chain.

24. Luke Joeckel -- Offensive Tackle -- Texas A&M

Experienced starter, who isn't athletic but is technically sound. Could have a Riley Reiff type rise.

25. Tyler Wilson -- Quarterback -- Arkansas

Arkansas makes great QBs; Wilson has great size, a pro-like system, and a good arm. Could rise into top 10.

26. Kawann Short -- Defensive Tackle -- Purdue

Dominates double teams even though he isn't that explosive. Strong as an ox and could have a meteoric rise.

27. Le'Veon Ball -- Running Back -- Michigan State

Peyton Hillis-type back who bashes and bruises while still having the ability to be patient and find holes.

28. Corey Lemonier -- Defensive End -- Auburn

Chandler Jones clone. Small for his size, but will get bigger. He has the athleticism and the speed to be great!

29. Jackson Jeffcoat -- Defensive End -- Texas

Dynamic defensive end who can pass rush and uses his overpowering strength to stop the run.

30. T.J McDonald -- Safety -- USC

Physical safety who's also great in coverage. Best safety in this draft.

31. Marquess Wilson -- Wide Receiver -- Washington State

Productive receiver who plays for a small school. Very good athletically and could definitely rise.

32. Tyrann Mathieu -- Cornerback -- LSU

Great physical cornerback who played great accros from Claiborne.

If you look at Mathieu and you don't see top 10 pick written all over him....You have to ask question your ability to scout talent. If you don't see a Bob Sanders without the injury problems in this kid...I mean...if Amerson had this guys Instincts, he'd be the greatest projected CB since Dieon Sanders. If Mathieu was only 3 inches taller he's be taken over Amerson easily. Don't dismiss him because of his size.

Amerson is 6-3, can cover bigger WR's, run with smaller WR's, and had 13 picks. Mathieu is 5-9, plays to far off, will get outmuscled by bigger receivers, and only had one pick. The only thing I can give Mathieu is that he can hit harder and return better.

If you look at Mathieu and you don't see top 10 pick written all over him....You have to ask question your ability to scout talent. If you don't see a Bob Sanders without the injury problems in this kid...I mean...if Amerson had this guys Instincts, he'd be the greatest projected CB since Dieon Sanders. If Mathieu was only 3 inches taller he's be taken over Amerson easily. Don't dismiss him because of his size.

So I'm not the only one that's high on Mathieu. Thank God.

Then by that logic Alabama's AJ MCCarron should be the top rated QB this season. After all he did burn the "honeybadgers" butt up in the NCG. And TM looked very bad in that game. That is a terribly poor reason to rank one player over another, many more factors involved.

My eyesight alone tells me Amerson is the man. And that Mathiew plays with some OUTSTANDING talent on D.

And the SEC is not a great passing league to begin with only 2 really great passing teams last year.. SEC is a physical run the ball and play D league.

Both are great in coverage, Mathieu is physical, but Amerson is more athletic. It's a split. Then, one of my last main reasons I chose Mathieu is like I said, because of the teams. He's gone up against better teams.

I never said, or try to imply that the strength of opponents are the only reason that I see Mathieu is better. Now after clearing that up, the AJ McCarron logic fails.

So I'm not the only one that's high on Mathieu. Thank God.

I"m not super high on Him as a top 10 pick Corner (YET) but I've heard they may put this guy at safety, either way the guy is incredibly talented...he has football instincts that are out of this world, and that puts him at top ten consideration.

I figure him a a top ten talent whose height gives him a downside...but anybody saying his is bad in coverage skills is a complete, especially if you judging off of one game.

I have seen nothing in those videos that suggest that Mathieu will be a good cover corner. I agree with Andy that he should come out as a safety. He looks great in run support, is a great tackler, and can rush the passer very well. I just don't see him to be as close to as good of a corner as Amerson, but he looks to be a great safety.

Both are great in coverage, Mathieu is physical, but Amerson is more athletic. It's a split. Then, one of my last main reasons I chose Mathieu is like I said, because of the teams. He's gone up against better teams.

I never said, or try to imply that the strength of opponents are the only reason that I see Mathieu is better. Now after clearing that up, the AJ McCarron logic fails.

I"m not super high on Him as a top 10 pick Corner (YET) but I've heard they may put this guy at safety, either way the guy is incredibly talented...he has football instincts that are out of this world, and that puts him at top ten consideration.

I figure him a a top ten talent whose height gives him a downside...but anybody saying his is bad in coverage skills is a complete, especially if you judging off of one game.

I have seen nothing in those videos that suggest that Mathieu will be a good cover corner. I agree with Andy that he should come out as a safety. He looks great in run support, is a great tackler, and can rush the passer very well. I just don't see him to be as close to as good of a corner as Amerson, but he looks to be an great safety. If that is what he comes out as, I say top 15.

Mathieu makes plays, there is no doubt about that, but if we have a top 10 pick, you don't use that on a 5'9 175 lb corner. He could be a great nickel corner but you don't draft a nickel guy with a high no. 1, and I don't see how he would be a starting SS at his size.

Weren't people wanting to get bigger and more physical on defense?

Logical choice is Amerson and then Linebacker in the second round

Depending on how these 3 UDFA DB's play..... (Chism, Pelleren, and Fenelus) I don't mind seeing Indy go DB in the second also.

This team will rush the QB just by nature of the scheme. DB's will be a premium IMO.

A long way off, but I like O right now. And I am HOPING maybe Hughes comes alive.... Not counting on it tho...