Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittman Jr: sends a message to the entire team

csmopar

3 minutes ago, DavePSL said:

Kelly has played 9 seasons. He has played all season 3 of those 9 seasons. My point was he's always hurt and FTR, no way do I give that guy a new contract and he clearly wants a new contract. I don't think we had any drop off with the rook playing so I don't care if he plays or not.

The rookie played well and hopefully he’s our future center but Kelly is the better player when he is healthy.   I want to win this year and you play your best players to do that.  Next year is a long way off.  It will take care of itself when the time comes.

On 10/14/2024 at 3:45 PM, DavePSL said:

Kelly has played 9 seasons. He has played all season 3 of those 9 seasons. My point was he's always hurt and FTR, no way do I give that guy a new contract and he clearly wants a new contract. I don't think we had any drop off with the rook playing so I don't care if he plays or not.

From 2016 to 2023 Kelly has played 111 of 131 possible games, 85% availability. Kelly's role as union rep is irrelevant to your point and your point is nonsense.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2024 at 1:55 PM, Smonroe said:

That’s great that you still skate!

The only way AR is going to get better is if he gets real game reps.  And it’s the only way the Colts can determine if he’s our franchise QB.  

Unless there’s more chance of further injury he should be playing.  I know it’s easy for me to say, but it’s the NFL, every one plays with some pain.  

The only way he is going to get better is to heal up.

And him getting better now is about growing up. That said, let him sit awhile longer to help it sink in that size doesn't matter. Brains do.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The only way he is going to get better is to heal up.

And him getting better now is about growing up. That said, let him sit awhile longer to help it sink in that size doesn't matter. Brains do.

If he was healthy enough to be the E QB last week, he's healthy enough to play.

Every player is dealing with something.  Did you watch that Quarterback series a couple years ago?  Mahomes, Cousins, and Mariota all getting tagged every week.   It's in the job description.  

52 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It wasn't all that long ago some said Pitt wasn't a number 1 and we should trade him. 

Would you like your crow straight up or with a little BBQ sauce?

Those people aren’t here this week.  The Colts won so they can’t just bash them.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

It wasn't all that long ago some said Pitt wasn't a number 1 and we should trade him. 

Pitt has been playing kind of meh this year.  I’m convinced he’s a WR1 but we need more games like this.  I’ve been getting on him this year but when he deserves his credit, I’m here also.  It’s ok to do so, especially for a player we’re paying good money for. 

4 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

Pitt has been playing kind of meh this year.  I’m convinced he’s a WR1 but we need more games like this.  I’ve been getting on him this year but when he deserves his credit, I’m here also.  It’s ok to do so, especially for a player we’re paying good money for. 

Pitt can only make the plays when the QB goes his way. AR is not as precise as Flacco so all the receivers numbers would be down with the exception of Pierce.  

Whenever the QB targets Pitt, he makes the catches. He is not a diva and has learned so much from Reggie Wayne.  He deserves the kudos. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pitt can only make the plays when the QB goes his way. AR is not as precise as Flacco so all the receivers numbers would be down with the exception of Pierce.  

Whenever the QB targets Pitt, he makes the catches. He is not a diva and has learned so much from Reggie Wayne.  He deserves the kudos. 

Right now, he’s had 42 targets and 25 catches.  He leads our team in targets.  In comparison to other receivers with the same/near amount of targets…they have the same amount of catches, but he’s being outperformed in yards, avg, and tds.   he’s been pretty consistent with what he’s been doing this year outside of the Pittsburgh game so not sure how much the qb play is affecting his game.  

listen, I like Pittman.  I was one of the people giving him crap last year and he shut me up late in the year.  But I find it hard to believe you’ve been happy with his production this year.  Heck, Pierce and Downs have been killing it and honestly have been putting this receiving room on its back.  I would love for Pittman to string together some nice games and get it going because that makes it easier on the offense.

2 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Right now, he’s had 42 targets and 25 catches.  He leads our team in targets.  In comparison to other receivers with the same/near amount of targets…they have the same amount of catches, but he’s being outperformed in yards, avg, and tds.   he’s been pretty consistent with what he’s been doing this year outside of the Pittsburgh game so not sure how much the qb play is affecting his game.  

listen, I like Pittman.  I was one of the people giving him crap last year and he shut me up late in the year.  But I find it hard to believe you’ve been happy with his production this year.  Heck, Pierce and Downs have been killing it and honestly have been putting this receiving room on its back.  I would love for Pittman to string together some nice games and get it going because that makes it easier on the offense.

Pitt, Pierce and Downs are all different type receivers.  Game planning by Shane has more to do with what receivers get the looks. 

No, I was never concerned about what Pitt was or wasn't doing. There are too many variables that keep me from pointing out any one offensive player 

On 10/14/2024 at 1:55 PM, Smonroe said:

That’s great that you still skate!

The only way AR is going to get better is if he gets real game reps.  And it’s the only way the Colts can determine if he’s our franchise QB.  

Unless there’s more chance of further injury he should be playing.  I know it’s easy for me to say, but it’s the NFL, every one plays with some pain.  

larry wilson of the old st louis cards played with 2 broken wrists men were men not wienies back then

• Like 2

this is contact football players get tackled , it hurts man up!!!! men and women go to work daily  with cuts, brusies, throwing up for miminum wage man up prima donas dont be a wienie!!!!! dont be a privileged diva , real people who pay your salaries go to work sick for minimum wage, we all hurt somewhere but we go to work anyway

• Like 1

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

this is contact football players get tackled , it hurts man up!!!! men and women go to work daily  with cuts, brusies, throwing up for miminum wage man up prima donas dont be a wienie!!!!! dont be a privileged diva , real people who pay your salaries go to work sick for minimum wage, we all hurt somewhere but we go to work anyway

these big perfect  bodies should be embarrassed to have turf toe what babies

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Those people aren’t here this week.  The Colts won so they can’t just bash them.

Read my original post, I already ate it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Read my original post, I already ate it

You aren’t really one of the people I feel needs to eat crow.  You had an opinion there is nothing wrong with that.  To me the people who need to eat crow are the people who never have anything positive to say about the Colts and go from thread to thread sharing the same negatives thoughts whenever the Colts do something like extend Pittman and are always absent when the Colts win.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You aren’t really one of the people I feel needs to eat crow.  You had an opinion there is nothing wrong with that.  To me the people who need to eat crow are the people who never have anything positive to say about the Colts and go from thread to thread sharing the same negatives thoughts whenever the Colts do something like extend Pittman and are always absent when the Colts win.

I agree with you.  But there’s a difference between constant negativity and pure frustration.  A lot of us were frustrated that Ballard refused to improve the team by bringing in experienced DBs (S and CB).

Ballard may turn out to be correct, but it’s too early to tell.  The D has been pretty bad so far, although injuries are partly responsible.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I agree with you.  But there’s a difference between constant negativity and pure frustration.  A lot of us were frustrated that Ballard refused to improve the team by bringing in experienced DBs (S and CB).

Ballard may turn out to be correct, but it’s too early to tell.  The D has been pretty bad so far, although injuries are partly responsible.  

I’d also agree with frustration.  Frustrated people tend to just vent when the topic is being discussed and leave it where it needs to be.  Those people I don’t have as much of an issue with.

• Thanks 1

I don't get how Pittman playing with a painful back injury influences a person's opinion of his talent and production relative to a #1WR, or not, label.  Why would a back injury support either label?

56 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't get how Pittman playing with a painful back injury influences a person's opinion of his talent and production relative to a #1WR, or not, label.  Why would a back injury support either label?

It just shows he isn't soft and will take one for the team and play injured. That says a lot now days when you have guys sitting out over a stubbed toe or having hemorrhoids lmao 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It just shows he isn't soft and will take one for the team and play injured. That says a lot now days when you have guys sitting out over a stubbed toe or having hemorrhoids lmao 

I agree its a sign of toughness.  As another example, I don't get why finding out that Jack Doyle was tough all of a sudden made him faster and more elusive than what we already see, which is typically what a "#1" anything has to have more of than the next guy.

But I said in another thread, I think that Flacco also praising Pitt publicly for his toughness was interesting timing given ARs absence 

• Like 1

Just now, DougDew said:

I agree its a sign of toughness.  As another example, I don't get why finding out that Jack Doyle was tough all of a sudden made him faster and more elusive than what we already see, which is typically what a "#1" anything has to have more of than the next guy.

But I said in another thread, I think that Flacco also praising Pitt publicly was interesting timing given ARs absence 

Players will listen to Flacco because he is a SB champion and still has game, he has seen it all. He is like a father on that team haha 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But I said in another thread, I think that Flacco also praising Pitt publicly for his toughness was interesting timing given ARs absence 

Larry Fitzgerald was a number one wr for a long time.    He wasn't a burner. Jerry Rice wasn't either.   Great route running is more important than speed at wr imo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Larry Fitzgerald was a number one wr for a long time.    He wasn't a burner. Jerry Rice wasn't either.   Great route running is more important than speed at wr imo

Reggie Wayne wasn't real fast either but had great hands and was a great route runner. Marvin on the other hand, had it all.

• Like 1