Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Titans postgame reaction

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

When you see this it seems Steichen made the right call on sitting AR. Now titans don’t have a Flacco so maybe it was a easier decision but Rudolph best the dolphins and looked better then Levis.

I am tired of picking on the kid, but he is so cocky and some in here wanted him is why I do. I do believe he isn't 100%, but they have no choice to play him because they have bad backups. Colts signing Minshew last season and Flacco this season is huge.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am tired of picking on the kid, but he is so cocky and some in here wanted him is why I do. I do believe he isn't 100%, but they have no choice to play him because they have bad backups. Colts signing Minshew last season and Flacco this season is huge.

Rudolph looked better than Levis and beat the dolphins. If a kid can’t play he shouldn’t be out there. The same people ripping on AR would of been trashing him if he played and looked bad because of the injury.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm personally annoyed with AR right now because of his comments towards the fans that called him "injury prone", and on the sliding issue where he doesn't want to fix it. He's wrong in both cases and it's irritating because he's also not playing that well on top of those two things and he's becoming a detriment to the team. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Rudolph looked better than Levis and beat the dolphins. If a kid can’t play he shouldn’t be out there. The same people ripping on AR would of been trashing him if he played and looked bad because of the injury.

That is why people ripping AR because of injury is ridiculous. Levis is always injured. Young got benched. The only QB that has been better than AR is Stroud out of the 4.

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

I'm personally annoyed with AR right now because of his comments towards the fans that called him "injury prone", and on the sliding issue where he doesn't want to fix it. He's wrong in both cases and it's irritating because he's also not playing that well on top of those two things and he's becoming a detriment to the team. 

Problem with AR is, you can't take his run game away, that is a huge strength of his. He just needs to learn to slide or get of bounds when he runs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I probably would have trashed him tbh. It's a mixture of his attitude and impatience by me. I'm tired of seeing other teams hit on their QBs and us being in QB purgatory with backups starting for us that we won't keep for more than a year. Stroud last year and Daniels this year (a similar QB to AR) have pushed me over the edge unfortunately.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Problem with AR is, you can't take his run game away, that is a huge strength of his. He just needs to learn to slide or get of bounds when he runs.

I agree with this. Without being able to run, he can't succeed. He's a bad QB without running. Steichen should be treating him like a bigger, stronger, more athletic Lamar Jackson, and he's treating him like a pocket passer. It's a mixture of AR's fault for not wanting to slide, and Steichen's fault for using him as a pocket passer and taking away the run. 

At this point, you have to risk him getting hurt by allowing him to run the ball. If you don't he'll just bust anyway by being played wrong.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is why people ripping AR because of injury is ridiculous. Levis is always injured. Young got benched. The only QB that has been better than AR is Stroud out of the 4.

It may have been a bad year for a QB draft.  It happens.

I think 2024 was a far better QB draft in that Jayden Daniels and Caleb Williams have already passed AR and they have been the league for far less time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I was disappointed in colts yesterday for not letting him play. But now looking back it seems like it was the right decision. He only practiced in full one day.  Steichen clearly didn’t see enough to let him play. Then seeing the Levis quotes I think he made the right decision.

It was smart because now we know he will be 100% vs Miami. + we won.

• Like 1

Just now, ADnum1 said:

It may have been a bad year for a QB draft.  It happens.

I think 2024 was a far better QB draft in that Jayden Daniels and Caleb Williams have already passed AR and they have been the league for far less time.

Drake Maye and Bo Nix could also pass AR. If that happens, it would be a disaster as that would be two more AFC teams that now have a franchise QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

I agree with this. Without being able to run, he can't succeed. He's a bad QB without running. Steichen should be treating him like a bigger, stronger, more athletic Lamar Jackson, and he's treating him like a pocket passer. It's a mixture of AR's fault for not wanting to slide, and Steichen's fault for using him as a pocket passer and taking away the run. 

At this point, you have to risk him getting hurt by allowing him to run the ball. If you don't he'll just bust anyway by being played wrong.

Yep. We just have to accept it that he has to run, he can be good if he can avoid injury, he can throw the long ball too. Pierce is loving these QB's haha 

• Like 2

It's a win! I am happy for that.....our 32nd ranked D improved to maybe a middling 20 something defense....thats an improvement! Still sucky but in a lesser way. Still too many attempted and failed "arm tackles" if this was touch football Gus would have a top 5 defense, as we typically touch the man with the ball many times before someone actually remembers its "tackle" football. I think Zaire's mouth is now greater than his play on the field. Hopefully we climb to mediocrity on defense, but 8 years of drafting and free agency to hope for  "mediocrity" is baffling to me, so the sarcasm will continue until the performance improves! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. We just have to accept it that he has to run, he can be good if he can avoid injury, he can throw the long ball too. Pierce is loving these QB's haha 

I'm loving Alec Pierce this year. One of my best friends wanted him in the draft on the Pats, and he was so mad when we got him. Makes me even happier Pierce is doing well since he's a Pats fan lol! haha 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I'm loving Alec Pierce this year. One of my best friends wanted him in the draft on the Pats, and he was so mad when we got him. Makes me even happier Pierce is doing well since he's a Pats fan lol! haha 

Pierce has 2 QB's that can throw over 60 yards for a change. Flacco is amazing for his age.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crunked said:

It's a win! I am happy for that.....our 32nd ranked D improved to maybe a middling 20 something defense....thats an improvement! Still sucky but in a lesser way. Still too many attempted and failed "arm tackles" if this was touch football Gus would have a top 5 defense, as we typically touch the man with the ball many times before someone actually remembers its "tackle" football. I think Zaire's mouth is now greater than his play on the field. Hopefully we climb to mediocrity on defense, but 8 years of drafting and free agency to hope for  "mediocrity" is baffling to me, so the sarcasm will continue until the performance improves! 

I still don't trust our defense, every time we have the lead I can barely watch late in games. You never know what is going to happen.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Joe Flacco was 58% completion. Under 200 yards a bad int. Can we stop with the Flacco vs AR debate 

Are you aware that Flacco's QBR is 4th rated in the league? I don't understand the ragging on Flacco. 

• Like 1

I liked the draft pick of Pierce, he was a beast in Cincinnati and how that we finally throw to him he is a real difference maker. I think he is the best in the league with YPC so I just wanted to give him props because many people lost hope in him 

• Like 1