Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR ruled out for Titans, Flacco to start

csmopar

The reality is, you usually only get an extra week to heal if the team isn’t super happy with your current performance. This buys the Colts one more week as they try to sort out whether they will contend for a playoff spot, and what the best course of action at QB will be going forward

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

The reality is, you usually only get an extra week to heal if the team isn’t super happy with your current performance. This buys the Colts one more week as they try to sort out whether they will contend for a playoff spot, and what the best course of action at QB will be going forward

Theory based on what?

My thinking is the Colts without JT will have to pass to win this game. With AR's injury , hard to figure they call running plays for him. It boils down to Flacco ,at this point in time, being the more efficient passer. I think AR could have played but it does make sense to let Flacco have this one. 

• Like 2

Just my two cents, but it seems that there is more than injury going on here.  

Facts are AR has missed a bunch of layup type throws in the 3 games he has started and that has to frustrate the coaching staff. 

I don’t know what exactly they are doing here but it does lead me to start thinking they have a very haphazard approach to how they are developing AR instead being committed to their plan.

7 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Facts are AR has missed a bunch of layup type throws in the 3 games he has started and that has to frustrate the coaching staff. 

I don’t know what exactly they are doing here but it does lead me to start thinking they have a very haphazard approach to how they are developing AR instead being committed to their plan.

colts are playing to win, they put the best players on the field, they are not wasting a season trying to develop ar

8 minutes ago, SR711 said:

I kind of agree. You are right that AR hasn’t played very well this season. If he is struggling at 100% it seems justifiable to keep him out another week if he is still recovering.  No need to rush him back if he will struggle both mentally and physically. Core injuries are tough. They really do prevent you from operating normally. Luckily, they seem to go away overnight. Hard to explain but it feels like a switch was flipped when you wake up and it no longer hurts. 

If you get a chance, watch a Colorado game. As much as I dislike Prime, his kid takes unbelievable shots behind a terrible line but is a warrior. Time to dump AR for a low draft pick and see if they can draft Sanders. No more Man of Glass garbage.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I kind of agree. You are right that AR hasn’t played very well this season. If he is struggling at 100% it seems justifiable to keep him out another week if he is still recovering.  No need to rush him back if he will struggle both mentally and physically. Core injuries are tough. They really do prevent you from operating normally. Luckily, they seem to go away overnight. Hard to explain but it feels like a switch was flipped when you wake up and it no longer hurts. 

No need to rush him back? This is the NFL and he’s making millions of dollars to be available even if not 100% healthy. Time to call a bust a bust and move on.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Derrick Carr has same injury and he is out 2-3 weeks colts trying to get him reps in practice but they know he gonna be out at least 2 weeks