Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game

GoColts8818

6 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

He’s big, strong, fast…but, not an NFL-level QB, IMO.  He lacks something…the ability to take hits and play through the discomfort?

If AR busts out. There will be a total reset next year. Steichen will be retained and will bring in his own guys. 

• Like 1

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

If AR busts out. There will be a total reset next year. Steichen will be retained and will bring in his own guys. 

AR can play the game just fine. Anyone who watches him knows he can play the position well. Some of these hot takes are crazy. The question will be can his football awareness get better so he protects himself better.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bryan has never played up to first round status. So to say he should of played like it is funny.

Bryan has not lived up to his draft selection, and he (along with the entire defense) didnt do much today either.

But I think he's been solid,  in the rotation, through the first five games. Had a nice game vs Pittsburgh.

Certainly should not blame the defense failings on him

AR can play the game just fine. Anyone who watches him knows he can play the position well. Some of these hot takes are crazy. The question will be can his football awareness get better so he protects himself better.

No one is doubting his ability to play. I see a lot to like but he cannot stay healthy. He needs to prove other wise.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Bryan has not lived up to his draft selection, and he (along with the entire defense) didnt do much today either.

But I think he's been solid,  in the rotation, through the first five games. Had a nice game vs Pittsburgh.

Certainly should not blame the defense failings on him

When you’re scraping the barrel this happens. Asking guys to be starters who are third screen is just too much to overcome. Remember Lewis played that game too.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

When you’re scraping the barrel this happens. Asking guys to be starters who are third screen is just too much to overcome. Remember Lewis played that game too.

No doubt the defense is banged up with injuries. But I think, there comes a time, when we all just get sick of the excuses.

So often, games like these occur, year after year, where they allow the ridiculous to happen. whether the the defense is healthy or not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Currently I wouldn't say that at all. Anyone that watches him knows he's barely a 50% passer... that's not fine and not playing well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

If the Colts could get draft picks for players like Ryan Kelly at the trade deadline, I am all for it. Most of those veterans will not be around anyway, when the Colts are consistently winning again. Build around a young core.

.Remaining in a purgatory of mediocrity and drafting 16-18  is not the answer.; especially if the intention remains to only construct your team through the draft.

It’s all about trading back for a couple extra fifth rounders because CB loves them picks! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

No doubt the defense is banged up with injuries. But I think, there comes a time, when we all just get sick of the excuses.

So often, games like these occur, year after year, where they allow the ridiculous to happen. whether the the defense is healthy or not.

I want a new DC. I know it’s needed. I just try to look at the reasons today because injuries like that are not sustainable. I want to win games but I also want a change at DC A new GM could be catastrophic and may have this team rebuilding again. We need to hope they can win enough games so there isn’t a new GM and Bradley gets let go.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U maybe correct but this is not a talented defense. Lbs cannot cover and are light. Corners outright suck. Cross is blossoming but Blackmon is average at best. The Dline cannot pressure.

Corners are put in a bad situation from the coverage they play out of with the give the receiver 6-10 yard buffer, which allows the quick pass with the quick pass game our DL talent doesn't matter because the ball is thrown before they get a chance of pressuring the QB. I don't disagree at the LB position as Franklin is currently bad against the run and in coverage and EJ speed it's 50/50 on if he will make the tackle or miss it. I have hope for our Safety turned LB to take over but I feel Bradley loves Franklin like he loved Facyson.

Brian Flores took the Vikings defense from one of the worst in the leagues and in 2 years now one of the best, that wasn't because of talent as when he took over the secondary was worse than our current one but he adjusted to the talent he had and used their strengths instead of trying to fit them into a specific system which Bradley stubbornly does. I actually believe their is more talent on this defense than most realize but they are being used wrong, and forced to play in a system that makes their jobs harder. As Belichick said "Gus Bradley believes in execution and doing the same thing over and over again, but I think, in some respects, that simplifies things for the offense" and when the offense knows exactly what you are gonna do, that's when we see the opposing QB have 300+ yards and consistently scoring 24+ points

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

And put who in his place?   

Would have to be someone on the staff in all likely hood.  It’s pretty clear Gus is just not working.  It’s not going to fix the defense over night but it’s becoming a point where the defense is not giving the effort they should under Bradley.  His system is giving up huge plays and over 300 yards a game passing every game.  It’s just not working they have to try something different and see if it improves.  If it doesn’t you try something completely different in the off-season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You do know Josh Allen was a bad passer right. He was actually 30% today lol. Peyton struggled at accuracy too.

You do know that Peyton Manning had plenty of tape to show that he was actually a good quarterback, and Josh Allen is more of the exception rather than the rule.

• Like 1

Just now, coltsblue1844 said:

I'm watching.... without the rose colored glasses that you're wearing 

He can clearly play the game and your not being honest if you say otherwise. Do you realize Joe bad Allen was as a rookie? The guy had surgery and couldn’t throw or do footwork when most QB work on it on the off-season.

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I want a new DC. I know it’s needed. I just try to look at the reasons today because injuries like that are not sustainable. I want to win games but I also want a change at DC A new GM could be catastrophic and may have this team rebuilding again. We need to hope they can win enough games so there isn’t a new GM and Bradley gets let go.

And I hate to burst your bubble but we need to be rebuilding and a lot of areas

• Like 2

He can clearly play the game and your not being honest if you say otherwise. Do you realize Joe bad Allen was as a rookie? The guy had surgery and couldn’t throw or do footwork when most QB work on it on the off-season.

Have you watched his college tape? Because what little there is of It looks just as bad as what he looks now

How was his accuracy? You keep talking about AR accuracy. 

I keep talking about it because it's horrible. If you watch the game you would see him sail passes 15 yd over player's head That's 5 yards in front of him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Have you watched his college tape? Because what little there is of It looks just as bad as what he looks now

I keep talking about it because it's horrible. If you watch the game you would see him sail passes 15 yd over player's head That's 5 yards in front of him

What was manning a rookie year accuracy? I will wait. What was Josh Skelton his rookie year.

You all wanted to draft a QB and aren’t letting enough. AR hasn’t even been that bad.  Your making it out to be way worse then he is.

Just now, RollerColt said:

Peyton was consistently above 60% in college if that’s what you were asking.

What was it his rookie year? That’s what I am talking about. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What was manning a rookie year accuracy? I will wait. What was Josh Skelton his rookie year.

You all wanted to draft a QB and aren’t letting enough. AR hasn’t even been that bad.  Your making it out to be way worse then he is.

Wow lol Manning finished top 5 in yards and TD his rookie year, and the NFL was a much different game back then...who has the lowest completion % in the NFL this year?

• Like 1

AR didn’t even play this game and you are still  whining about him. That tells me you have a agenda.

I'm not whining about him. I was replying to your post that said it's obvious how good he is and he's not obviously even average 

The only agenda I have is I'm sick of the Colts losing and I'd like them to have a good quarterback and a winning season, but right now we're not going to have either one and we haven't for a long time now. I hope Richardson turns out to be great but to say he's obviously good right now is delusional

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What was it his rookie year? That’s what I am talking about. 

56.7% completion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Wow lol Manning finished top 5 in yards and TD his rookie year, and the NFL was a much different game back then...who has the lowest completion % in the NFL this year?

He set the record for int. He was like 52% passer and only won 3 hanes

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

56.7% completion.

AR is at about 55% right now from last year and this year.  That includes some bad drops in that GB game.

He set the record for int. He was like 52% passer and only won 3 hanes

On a rebuilding team... Where did he rank in touchdowns and yards for the season? Also, do you realize the difference in NFL defense back then? Compared to now? Tell me how many other quarterbacks were under 60% Manning's rookie year? And tell me how many are under 60% in today's NFL?

The thing about Peyton was he still had really good games his rookie season. He hit 70% completion once. Was over 60% 5 times his rookie year. 

He definitely had some real duds that year where he fell to a 40% completion. But, he was still as a rookie on a whole different level compared to Anthony. 

He was not often missing his receivers as noticeably. He was taking a lot of huge risks and throwing into windows that worked in college, but did not in the pros. He learned quickly and turned that knowledge into a 13-3 season the next year. 

And let’s not forget his biggest asset to us as a QB. Until 2011 he was a durable. 

• Like 2

Just now, RollerColt said:

The thing about Peyton was he still had really good games his rookie season. He hit 70% completion once. Was over 60% 5 times is rookie year. 

He definitely had some real duds that year where he fell to a 40% completion. But, he was still as a rookie on a whole different level compared to Anthony. 

He was not often missing his receivers as noticeably. He was taking a lot of huge risks and throwing into windows that worked in college, but did not in the pros. He learned quickly and turned that knowledge into a 13-3 season the next year. 

And let’s not forget his biggest asset to us as a QB. Until 2011 he was a durable. 

How bout we wait until the end of season and see where AR  is at. Judging him by four games this year seems unfair. He also hasn’t been as bad as people are making him out to be. He can read defenses and understands the  game. Let’s let him get his muscle memory back and see where we are at after the season. 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think the model for AR is not Josh Allen it’s Lamar Jackson Especially with Taylor.  That’s why Brock Bowers would have been so nice in the draft.

Nah. He is Josh Allen’s twin. 

Everyone brace yourself for the Career game  Calvin Ridley and will Levis are about to have…. It’s gonna be frustrating but we can now grunge that nothing will change defensively… we were running this weak cover 3 area zone scheme when I was in high school back in 2010…. On top of that the amount of bad tackling is sickening!!!

How bout we wait until the end of season and see where AR  is at. Judging him by four games this year seems unfair. He also hasn’t been as bad as people are making him out to be. He can read defenses and understands the  game. Let’s let him get his muscle memory back and see where we are at after the season. 

I think it’s very unfair to even compare him to Peyton.

I’m in your camp as far as wanting to see how this season plays out. 

But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t very concerned on a pattern of missing games every season due to injury from high school to college and now the NFL. 

IMO, to be fair to ballard....I think he has the right idea how to build a team. Strong in the trenches and a strong defense with a good running game and OL and great coaching  is the way to go with a young QB. Denver, Chicago and Washington are doing it right now. The strategy is sound, the problem is Ballard is a terrible evaluater of talent and coaching (Remember josh daniels) . He has spent a ton of capitol on the DL and secondary and it is still bad and I'm talking before injuries. The LBers are average  but He's done a good job with the OL and RB. Finally, decent with WR's, and terrible with the TE's. When you miss as much as Ballard does and refuse to use free agency to fill your voids and cover up your mistakes, you have a team like Ballard builds, below 500 and flawed. To be fair, NO GM in today's NFL builds a team only by his own drafting....NOT ONE!!!!!!

I said this before the season started, they did AR a disservice buy not giving him a TE and handing him a bad defense because that will ruin a rookie QB every time. AR knows he's looked at as the savior and he will do whatever it takes to try and be a savior but it's Ballard's fault he has that burden on him when Ballard had the chance to do more and get better coaches. Instead he laughed at everybody and signed average players and ignored gaping holes and kept bad coaches and here we sit and just like Flacco had to carry the team today, that's how AR will feel every week trying to hide this teams flaws. Absolutely the best way to ruin a young QB. We all know where this is heading. Gus will be canned as the scapegoat just like Reich to save Ballard's * and Ballard will talk about how it wasn't Gus' fault because of all  the injuries and we will hand Ballard another top 10 pick to blow and Ballard will ignore free agency and tell us there is a lot of talent returning from injury next year, Rinse and repeat. Damn shame what he is doing to AR but that too will play itself out at some point. It is hard to draft for 8 years on defense and have not ONE player that Ballard drafted that made a probowl and got a second contract on this team. NOT ONE!!!!!!I could buy draft magazines to reference and do better than that in 8 years.

Manning is a top 5 all timer and had HOFers with him on offense and he spent years trying to hide a bad defense. It wasn't until Irsay went and got a real coach and started understanding the importance of defense and brought in real defensive talent instead of bargain talent before they won it all and was a real SB contender. That finally took the pressure off of Manning. Now put yourself in AR's shoes.

• Thanks 1