Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense

hambone35

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

Our defense is terrible. Like actually really bad. 

Yes there were injuries but there were injuries to the offense also and they scored 34 points.

I get it, but 1 crucial stop a sack maybe keeps a last minute winning field goal, no pressure all day on Trevor totally unacceptable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cant recall a defense like ours that cant ,NOT EVER ,force 3 and outs or even punts for that matter. It's ridiculous. I'm convinced the Colts are responsible for getting Trevor his 250 million dollar contract by playing us twice a year. Watch him flop again next week.

• Like 3

That loss is totally and unforgivably on the defense. Yes they are banged up, but that was beyond pathetic. The tackling was ABYSMAL, coverage was awful and Trevor had all day back there.

The offense did what they had to, even if it wasnt pretty at times, with no Richardson or JT... Gus needs to be fired, immediately, I know that wont solve our defense for this year, but Gus should not be anywhere near our facility any more. Consistently awful defenses for the past few years tells you all you need to know about him and removes the excuse of "but the defense is banged up right now". 

On to the next one, but this team has no hope until they get this defense fixed.

Attrocious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, b a y s k i said:

It’s not the roster, it’s the playcalling

Well, it could be a little bit of missing Buckner, Ebukan, Kwity, Lewis.

And having Flowers rather than our local CB hope what's his name. 

Ballard provides the players for his preferred Soft defense and Gus and his ancient LB and DB coaches do what they know with what they are provided. 

Hopefully Jones and Cross turn into really solid players no matter who their DC is.  

Still a big if.

I don't want to disparage our LB's under our current staffs tutelage/designs. 

And if we fired Gus today his LB and DB coach would need to ride on the same bus. They have been together so long because they think alike I must believe. 

It's a serious dodoo situation with this many games left.

Don't you wonder what the daughters are thinking and talking to Daddy about?

I bet the girls would like to fire Gus's behind.

Monday morning thoughts on a rainy day.

Just saw this on Talkin' Colts on Facebook. They need to fire Bradley now and put Ballard on notice. This can't continue. Unacceptable.

Three QBs in a row have had career highs against the Colts. Amazing. We like our guys! 

Week 1

Joe Mixon 159 rush yards, most since 2021

Week 2

Josh Jacobs 151 rush yards, most since 2022 (also Malik Willis 86% of passes completed)

Week 3

Caleb Williams 363 pass yards, career high

Week 4

Justin Fields 367 total yards, career high

Week 5

Trevor Lawrence 371 pass yards, career high

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Just saw this on Talkin' Colts on Facebook. They need to fire Bradley now and put Ballard on notice. This can't continue. Unacceptable.

Three QBs in a row have had career highs against the Colts. Amazing. We like our guys! 

Week 1

Joe Mixon 159 rush yards, most since 2021

Week 2

Josh Jacobs 151 rush yards, most since 2022 (also Malik Willis 86% of passes completed)

Week 3

Caleb Williams 363 pass yards, career high

Week 4

Justin Fields 367 total yards, career high

Week 5

Trevor Lawrence 371 pass yards, career high

Will Levis get ready bro!

Tyler Huntley.. you're gonna ball out on your last audition before Tua comes back

17 hours ago, DavePSL said:

I cant recall a defense like ours that cant ,NOT EVER ,force 3 and outs or even punts for that matter. It's ridiculous. I'm convinced the Colts are responsible for getting Trevor his 250 million dollar contract by playing us twice a year. Watch him flop again next week.

🤣 Yeah, if you're a struggling or mediocre player in need of a confidence boost, then the Colts defense is the remedy. How many times have we seen players and/or teams set career/franchise/NFL records against the Colts defense? That type of thing should be a fluke, not a regular occurrence. 

• Thanks 1