Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kelce & Swift nonsense.

Happy2BeHere

Anyone else read about this?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/travis-kelces-pr-firm-calls-lawyers-document-exact-date-taylor-swift-breakup-goes-viral-report

Also, this one where Mahomes says they may used Taylor Swift drawn up play?

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-says-taylor-swift-has-started-drawing-up-plays-we-might-have-to-put-one-in

and..

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-te-travis-kelce-taylor-swift-s-plays-haven-t-gotten-to-coach-andy-reid-yet

I know most of us fans are so tired of Swift…I was way tired of her well before she and Kelce were “a thing”…I sure hope they break up just for the sake of not having to hear about it all season long…

the whole circus show is ridiculous.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 7:25 PM, Happy2BeHere said:

Anyone else read about this?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/travis-kelces-pr-firm-calls-lawyers-document-exact-date-taylor-swift-breakup-goes-viral-report

Also, this one where Mahomes says they may used Taylor Swift drawn up play?

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-says-taylor-swift-has-started-drawing-up-plays-we-might-have-to-put-one-in

and..

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-te-travis-kelce-taylor-swift-s-plays-haven-t-gotten-to-coach-andy-reid-yet

I know most of us fans are so tired of Swift…I was way tired of her well before she and Kelce were “a thing”…I sure hope they break up just for the sake of not having to hear about it all season long…

the whole circus show is ridiculous.

With a wave of my magic wand, if I made you the executive producer of a sports network,  I’m confident you’d want your cameras pointed at her. 

On balance, Taylor Swift is good for business.   While not for everyone,  she’s one of the 5-10 most famous people in the world.   Interest in her is thru the roof.  

FWIW:  I have no personal interest in her.  I don’t own an album, couldn’t tell you the name of a song of hers, never been to a concert.  

But when the camera points at her, it also catches the wife of Pat Mahomes,   Plus Blake Lively, the wife of Ryan Reynolds,  and Travis Kelcie’s mom, plus Kylie Kelcie,  the wife of Jason, the Brother of Travis.  And other celebs who jam in the suite.  The list goes on and on.   It’s good TV when they’re celebrating the Chiefs.  

All I’m saying, is you don’t have to like her to know she’s good TV.    I get you don’t want to over-do it and milk it to death.  I agree.   But if the goal is best ratings,  you want just enough. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Superman said:

'I'm so sick of Kelce and Swift. Let me make a thread about them, complete with supplemental research, so I can talk about how much I'm sick of hearing about them.'

???

I hear more about Taylor Swift from people who claim to be sick of Taylor Swift that it makes me wonder if they're actually sick of her. 

He doesn't seem to live up to his name... A lot of negativity it would seem. Are you really happy to be here, @Happy2BeHere?

My wife is a Swiftie, so I won't speak ill of her. I do wonder how much of this is manufactured for PR (she's a genius and surrounds herself with a brilliant marketing team btw), and part of me *dare I say it* wonders how much is CIA driven. She's the queen of distraction from the reality of everything that should matter, to be sure. 

On 9/4/2024 at 10:56 PM, crazycolt1 said:

The NFL now considers itself in the entertainment business so hooking itself up with Swift is not surprising.  

It will be something different before you know it. 

The minute NFL films started, they were in the entertainment business. Chris Ballard has even talked about how this is an entertainment business... It 1000% is. I used to poke at my wife for the reality tv she watched. Until the day she watched a hard knocks series with me, and she glared at me, laughed, and turned the tables on me. She said, "you make fun of my dramas when this is the exact same reality tv that is everywhere else?" 

Sit back objectively some time and really watch, even pretend you aren't a football fan, and you will understand the entertainment and dramatic side of this entire thing, and might even understand why plenty of folks don't care for professional sports at all. 

Just like the Colts not wanting to script every thing AR does, allowing the creativity and brilliance to shine through at times, the NFL is much the same. They might prefer the best actors, put the spotlight on certain personalities, but some of the stuff that happens on the field is too good for anyone to write... Pat Mahomes certainly fits that bill. Too good to write. 

• Like 1

I think Taylor Swift is great. Modern day Elvis, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Beatles, Jimi Hendrix etc.  I’m happy for Kelce and the Chiefs and all the notoriety that comes with it.  I think their relationship is real and I’m positive they put on a show for the cameras as well. Good on them for capitalizing on their popularity. Hopefully they work out and get married, have kids and enjoy a family together. If not, I hope they find that one day. It’s just people talking about it on TV. If you don’t like it, turn it off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's not really a big deal. They showed Taylor Swift a couple times Thursday, but not that often. I pass by any headline about her and Travis Kelce as I'm not interested in them or their relationship. It doesn't bother me because I don't have to read about her. I don't like or dislike Taylor Swift as a personality, but don't care for some of her songs. Constant news about her doesn't affect me in any way. 

On 9/6/2024 at 1:44 AM, Superman said:

'I'm so sick of Kelce and Swift. Let me make a thread about them, complete with supplemental research, so I can talk about how much I'm sick of hearing about them.'

???

I hear more about Taylor Swift from people who claim to be sick of Taylor Swift that it makes me wonder if they're actually sick of her. 

:lol: