Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Preseason Games 2024

Sean Payton plans to play his starters for 3rd quarters on Sunday against the Packers, even though the Packers and Broncos had a joint practice today for 2 hours and 40 minutes.

Matt LaFleur had already said the Packers starters will not play at all.

Sean Payton is so set on beating the Packers in a meaningless preseason game that he is only giving his starters one day of rest after a nearly 3 hour grueling joint practice.

What a knob. I hope the Packers 3rd, 4th and 5th stringers beatdown his starters just to embarrass him on a national telecast Sunday Night. He acts like there is a trophy for the most preseason wins.

I know it's preseason, but I'm impressed with Caleb Williams so far. He has poise, can read plays and has nice rushing upside. Maybe things will change once regular season starts, but right now he's doing well and needs to be acknowledged. 

I also like the Bears' defense. If Chicago can keep this up, their fans will be finally get some excitement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I know it's preseason, but I'm impressed with Caleb Williams so far. He has poise, can read plays and has nice rushing upside. Maybe things will change once regular season starts, but right now he's doing well and needs to be acknowledged. 

I also like the Bears' defense. If Chicago can keep this up, their fans will be finally get some excitement. 

Yes, preseason, the Bengals didn't play any starters, the Bears played all their starters. Caleb was 6/13 for 75 yards, 5 yards per attempt. 64.6 passer rating today.

Not hating on Caleb or the Bears, but they have looked decent in the preseason before. 

On 8/12/2024 at 9:39 PM, ColtStrong2013 said:

Work to live not vice versa. I’m a big proponent in saving/investing early and often on auto and keeping a tight budget, just so you can splurge and enjoy the things you want to enjoy. Has to be a balance in life. 

100%

Fortunetly life has been good enough to enjoy those kind of pleasures.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2024 at 8:50 PM, PackersNation said:

Sean Payton plans to play his starters for 3rd quarters on Sunday against the Packers, even though the Packers and Broncos had a joint practice today for 2 hours and 40 minutes.

Matt LaFleur had already said the Packers starters will not play at all.

Sean Payton is so set on beating the Packers in a meaningless preseason game that he is only giving his starters one day of rest after a nearly 3 hour grueling joint practice.

What a knob. I hope the Packers 3rd, 4th and 5th stringers beatdown his starters just to embarrass him on a national telecast Sunday Night. He acts like there is a trophy for the most preseason wins.

bold strategy for Sean. Hope it doesn’t bite him with unnecessary injuries. 

5 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

bold strategy for Sean. Hope it doesn’t bite him with unnecessary injuries. 

Never hope for injuries, but I do hope the Packers backups destroy his starters. I have never really liked Payton. In every presser or interview he has ever done, he comes off as a pompous knob.

Sean is playing his starters against the Pack, but I bet he backs off the playing them for 3 quarters like he implied after the joint  practice with the Packers on Friday.

Sean has had a grudge against the Packers ever since they passed over him and hired Mike McCarthy instead in 2006.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/new-orleans-saints-coach-sean-payton-explains-in-book-why-he-would-have-preferred-green/article_78414fc9-8723-554f-b975-ab08d5b15762.html

13 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

Never hope for injuries, but I do hope the Packers backups destroy his starters. I have never really liked Payton. In every presser or interview he has ever done, he comes off as a pompous knob.

Sean is playing his starters against the Pack, but I bet he backs off the playing them for 3 quarters like he implied after the joint  practice with the Packers on Friday.

Sean has had a grudge against the Packers ever since they passed over him and hired Mike McCarthy instead in 2006.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/new-orleans-saints-coach-sean-payton-explains-in-book-why-he-would-have-preferred-green/article_78414fc9-8723-554f-b975-ab08d5b15762.html

So, you're triggered Sean Payton said he'd play his starters against packers for longer than packers would and then you say Payton said he may not play for significant time after all? 

That's how pre-season goes, not sure what smoke you're trying to kindle... Every team will have their strategy and Broncos playing starters for longer time isn't meant to be insult to packers, unless one wants to live in their imagination. 

5 hours ago, PackersNation said:

I don’t either, but karma is a real thing sometimes. When you play with fire, you can get burned. And when it’s an unnecessary fire, it can be the worst kind of burn. 

37 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I don’t either, but karma is a real thing sometimes. When you play with fire, you can get burned. And when it’s an unnecessary fire, it can be the worst kind of burn. 

Yeah, it's weird he is playing his starters when he had a joint practice with the Packers Friday. Did you see the Colts play starters after joint practice with Cards? Nope. And the Packers are not either. Payton trying to win a meaningless game cuz he still holds a grudge for the Packers not hiring him.

I hope he gets "burned" as you say. Again, don't want any players injured, but the Packers backups embarrassing him would be grand.

8 hours ago, PackersNation said:

Payton implied he is INDEED playing his starters for 3 quarters against the Pack. I said I bet he backs off that. Reading and comprehension are obviously not your strong suit. 

No one but you is "triggered" Vikings fan, because the Packers have crushed your soul for many years.

Miss me with your boring hate Vikings fan. 

f5a1461ac88db5e99b73fa49def96ab2(1).jpg.2e063c2f749e73197f6c8ecba502b799.jpg

No one has poked shots at you. Let your championships speak for themselves. I have been on this site for over ten years. No Colts fan had rubbed it in my face that they have won championships and my team had not. There is no need for that. :facepalm:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai .

The Vikings signed Gilmore. Does he have anything left? Colts fans, what do you think?

Thank you!

Yeah, came here to post

I think this move was necessary, he's been playing well enough to make some games interesting and to groom the youngsters. I'm glad Vikings signed him. Even though the season is what it is, it's important to keep building.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

No one has poked shots at you. Let your championships speak for themselves. I have been on this site for over ten years. No Colts fan had rubbed it in my face that they have won championships and my team had not. There is no need for that. :facepalm:

Read his post accusing me of being "triggered" and claiming I am just "imagining" things.

He has made snide comments before directed at me. Now you have the nerve to call me out publicly for responding in kind for the first time.

Don't come at me and ignore your fellow Vikings fan.

If that is how things are done here, then goodbye.

I have dealt with jealous Vikings fans for over 40 years. I know this clowns type.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Me quickly putting the stirrer on Ignore was my best shot.

19 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Jayden Daniel's reminds me of Stroud with wheels.

1 hour ago, PackersNation said:

Read his post accusing me of being "triggered" and claiming I am just "imagining" things.

He has made snide comments before directed at me. Now you have the nerve to call me out publicly for responding in kind for the first time.

Don't come at me and ignore your fellow Vikings fan.

If that is how things are done here, then goodbye.

I have dealt with jealous Vikings fans for over 40 years. I know this clowns type.

I apologize. I had not read his comment just as I have not read all your comments. I will go back and look for it.

Anyway, if I wanted to root for a winner, I would have jumped on the Giants bandwagon when I became a football fan. They had just won the Super Bowl and they were my hometown team. I have no affiliation to Minnesota except that I chose to be a Vikings fan. I would have it no other way.

When I meet fans of other teams, I always find something positive to say about their team. I guess it is the Vikings fan in me. 🤷‍♀️

52 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I apologize. I had not read his comment just as I have not read all your comments. I will go back and look for it.

Anyway, if I wanted to root for a winner, I would have jumped on the Giants bandwagon when I became a football fan. They had just won the Super Bowl and they were my hometown team. I have no affiliation to Minnesota except that I chose to be a Vikings fan. I would have it no other way.

When I meet fans of other teams, I always find something positive to say about their team. I guess it is the Vikings fan in me. 🤷‍♀️

I accept your apology. 

And I have been a Packers fan since birth and was still a fan through the 80's when the Packers were not very good, still a better record through that decade than the Vikings, but I digress.

I am here on this forum as lifelong Packers fan, but the Colts are my fav AFC team. As a child I loved reading books on football. Mostly I looked for Packers stuff in them, but I grew to love and read all about Johnny U. Became a Colts fan after he retired unfortunately, but among all my Packers memorabilia there is one framed game worn Johnny Unitas jersey. One of my fav pieces of memorabilia.

Thank you for being a quality Vikings fan. I have to be honest, I have not met many of those. Gopher fans are not my fav either lol. On Wisconsin!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PackersNation said:

Yeah, it's weird he is playing his starters when he had a joint practice with the Packers Friday. Did you see the Colts play starters after joint practice with Cards? Nope. And the Packers are not either. Payton trying to win a meaningless game cuz he still holds a grudge for the Packers not hiring him.

I hope he gets "burned" as you say. Again, don't want any players injured, but the Packers backups embarrassing him would be grand.

I dont think its wierd at all. His team

sucks and has plenty of things to work on. With the changes that have been made to training camp, its imperitive you make the most out of opportunities you get to work on things in live action. Practice isnt the same as a game. And honestly I think the players have it too easy and a big part of conditioning is beating your body up a little bit. 

One 3 hour practice? Man when I was in high school we practiced 2 hours every single day.

People coddle these athletes. They charge fans full price so the top players should play at least a half if they are healthy.

9 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

I dont think its wierd at all. His team

sucks and has plenty of things to work on. With the changes that have been made to training camp, its imperitive you make the most out of opportunities you get to work on things in live action. Practice isnt the same as a game. And honestly I think the players have it too easy and a big part of conditioning is beating your body up a little bit. 

One 3 hour practice? Man when I was in high school we practiced 2 hours every single day.

People coddle these athletes. They charge fans full price so the top players should play at least a half if they are healthy.

Joint practices are each teams starters going against each other the entire practice. So it is more valuable to teams than a preseason game. Yes, Sean Payton can play his starters in a preseason game just after a joint practice if he wants, my point was that Sean did it in part because of some history he has with Green Bay.

Bottom line is that the Packers backups did not play up to the standard that is expected in the game. That is completely unacceptable. 

The Packers have one joint practice with the Ravens in Green Bay this week before the last preseason game. Things need to be very different this week.

I won't get into today's players being coddled or whatever you are saying. Nor what you did for football practice in high school. When you were young did you also walk to school uphill both ways in the snow?

And ticket prices for preseason games are not the same as regular season games. At least in Green Bay they are not. I don't have season tickets anywhere else to compare.

Packers 2024 ticket prices:

Screenshot_20240819-0402223.png.7daccc4d81faadf6dd6292dbae0447ba.png

53 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

Joint practices are each teams starters going against each other the entire practice. So it is more valuable to teams than a preseason game. Yes, Sean Payton can play his starters in a preseason game just after a joint practice if he wants, my point was that Sean did it in part because of some history he has with Green Bay.

Bottom line is that the Packers backups did not play up to the standard that is expected in the game. That is completely unacceptable. 

The Packers have one joint practice with the Ravens in Green Bay this week before the last preseason game. Things need to be very different this week.

I won't get into today's players being coddled or whatever you are saying. Nor what you did for football practice in high school. When you were young did you also walk to school uphill both ways in the snow?

And ticket prices for preseason games are not the same as regular season games. At least in Green Bay they are not. I don't have season tickets anywhere else to compare.

Packers 2024 ticket prices:

Screenshot_20240819-0402223.png.7daccc4d81faadf6dd6292dbae0447ba.png

Well here they are the same price and thats all I care about.

But I dont really care what you think about my football practices when I was in high school, I was just confused by you acting like a 2 hour practice was a lot and only brought it up for comparison. Thats just not a lot of practice time. And regardless its not a game and I think its important to get game reps. 

If all this sitting out was helping with injuries I would be fine with it, but it clearly doesnt. 

15 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Well here they are the same price and thats all I care about.

But I dont really care what you think about my football practices when I was in high school, I was just confused by you acting like a 2 hour practice was a lot and only brought it up for comparison. Thats just not a lot of practice time. And regardless its not a game and I think its important to get game reps. 

If all this sitting out was helping with injuries I would be fine with it, but it clearly doesnt. 

I will look into ticket prices for the Colts and get back to you. I think you may be incorrect on preseason games being the same price as regular season games. 

The CBA has rules on practice time. They "really don't care" what you or I think. 

Again, joint practices are each teams starters going against each other the whole time. Preseason games don't provide that. You may think that teams get more out of a preseason game, but coaches don't agree, that is the whole reason why they hold joint practices.

10 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

I will look into ticket prices for the Colts and get back to you. I think you may be incorrect on preseason games being the same price as regular season games. 

The CBA has rules on practice time. They "really don't care" what you or I think. 

Again, joint practices are each teams starters going against each other the whole time. Preseason games don't provide that. You may think that teams get more out of a preseason game, but coaches don't agree, that is the whole reason why they hold joint practices.

Im a season ticket holder

11 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

The question isnt whether or not they get more out of a joint practice or a preseason game..... its the fact they absolutely dont get more out of just doing one vs both.

Its purely out of fear of injuries and it doesnt limit injuries.

If they dont care what I think, they absolutely should because I am a season ticket holder.

2 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

Ok great, then post what the price is for preseason games. In my initial research on Colts tickets I found that preseason games are a lower cost than regular season games.

I dont know the price ranges for tickets, I just know what my tickets cost and the fact I dont get a discount for preseason games. 

19 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

If they dont care what I think, they absolutely should because I am a season ticket holder.

The Collective Bargaining Agreement doesn't care what you think. The CBA is an agreement between the NFL and the NFL Players Association(NFLPA)

The Collective Bargaining Agreement doesn't care what you think. The CBA is an agreement between the NFL and the NFL Players Association(NFLPA)

What? Its not against the CBA to play players in preseason games after a joint practice.

Youre just arguing to argue. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

What? Its not against the CBA to play players in preseason games after a joint practice.

Youre just arguing to argue. 

You are the one trying to disagree with everything I say. First you were upset about practice time, and that is agreed upon in the CBA. Why I brought that up. You say the players are "coddled" too much. Well, take it up with the NFLPA.

I never said it's against any rules for players to play in a preseason game after a joint practice. I said Sean Payton played his starters in part because of his history with Green Bay. You can have your own feelings on that, and I am entitled to mine.

Then you said that it's awful that preseason tix are the same price as regular season games. I have yet to find a team where that is true. No disrespect, but I don't find you credible on the issue after the factual information I received on Colts tickets.

27 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

You are the one trying to disagree with everything I say. First you were upset about practice time, and that is agreed upon in the CBA. Why I brought that up. You say the players are "coddled" too much. Well, take it up with the NFLPA.

I never said it's against any rules for players to play in a preseason game after a joint practice. I said Sean Payton played his starters in part because of his history with Green Bay. You can have your own feelings on that, and I am entitled to mine.

Then you said that it's awful that preseason tix are the same price as regular season games. I have yet to find a team where that is true. No disrespect, but I don't find you credible on the issue after the factual information I received on Colts tickets.

You started this by complaining about Sean Payton playing his starters in a preseason game in the most overly dramatic fashion possible. How dare he! Then you got nasty with another poster for no reason and now youre getting nasty with me as well. Get a grip. 

I couldnt care less if you find me credible or not, I am just telling you what I know. 

Btw its ok if people disagree with you. Its not a big deal. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

18 Days Until The Packers Kickoff In Brazil!🇧🇷

Let's Go!

200w(1).gif.62e2367f784e4a7e280fce0e7d1705d2.gif

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

Packers could make a big statement on the NFC with a win over the Eagles. 

I'm not sold on Sirianni as a head coach and Kellen Moore as the OC. That said, Vic Fangio should be good for the Eagles defense at least. This will be a good test for the Packers offense. 

After the 2nd preseason game, some are saying Bo Nix is the real deal and that he could be the Broncos' franchise QB. He looked good, but it's too early to tell. GB played their backups, so wait until Nix faces the starters in the regular season. That will  show what he's made of. He could be the one Denver is looking for; after the past few years, they need something good to happen. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

After the 2nd preseason game, some are saying Bo Nix is the real deal and that he could be the Broncos' franchise QB. He looked good, but it's too early to tell. GB played their backups, so wait until Nix faces the starters in the regular season. That will  show what he's made of. He could be the one Denver is looking for; after the past few years, they need something good to happen. 

I think Bo Nix is a real dude and has the necessary tools to be a good QB. He's indeed very accurate, releases quick and seems to have a good head on the shoulders. 

I worry about his development with Sean Payton though. That man... just seems unhinged sometimes. And it seems like once Payton decides he doesn't like his QB, that's it and there are 0 chances. 

57 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Packers could make a big statement on the NFC with a win over the Eagles. 

I'm not sold on Sirianni as a head coach and Kellen Moore as the OC. That said, Vic Fangio should be good for the Eagles defense at least. This will be a good test for the Packers offense. 

Yes, it will be a good test for the Packers offense, and also the defense. Some people have forgotten how good Jalen Hurts is, and now they have Saquon as well.

Week 2 will be a good test as well. Trust me, the Pack is not looking past the Colts.

I feel the NFC will come down to San Fran, Green Bay, and Philly.

Dallas, Detroit(overrated) and Atlanta will make some noise, but they can't hang with the top 3 IMHO.

Surprise team:Rams

AFC will come down to the Ravens, Chiefs, and Bengals. 

Bills, Jets, and Dolphins will make some noise, but can't hang with the top 3.

Surprise team: Colts

Yes, it will be a good test for the Packers offense, and also the defense. Some people have forgotten how good Jalen Hurts is, and now they have Saquon as well.

Week 2 will be a good test as well. Trust me, the Pack is not looking past the Colts.

I feel the NFC will come down to San Fran, Green Bay, and Philly.

Dallas, Detroit(overrated) and Atlanta will make some noise, but they can't hang with the top 3 IMHO.

Surprise team:Rams

AFC will come down to the Ravens, Chiefs, and Bengals. 

Bills, Jets, and Dolphins will make some noise, but can't hang with the top 3.

Surprise team: Colts

The Colts are just strange when it comes to playing the Packers. Weird things happen, the team sudden gels at the right team, stars align and next thing you know a rookie Andrew Luck is marching down the field and upsetting Aaron Rodgers. We also seem to beat the Chiefs despite ridiculous odds... 

Still blows my mind the godawful 2022 team managed to shock Kansas like that. 

You'll hate hearing this, but I grew up in a family of Colts fans, Bengals fans and... 

... Bears fans... 

Yep... About 1/3 of my family is from Indianapolis and Chicago. So for them, the only football team to root for before 1984 was Chicago. 

The Bears are my NFC team, but trust me when I say this, I respect the hell out of the Packers and like watching them play. 

When the Packers are good, it's good for the league. 

17 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Colts are just strange when it comes to playing the Packers. Weird things happen, the team sudden gels at the right team, stars align and next thing you know a rookie Andrew Luck is marching down the field and upsetting Aaron Rodgers. We also seem to beat the Chiefs despite ridiculous odds... 

Still blows my mind the godawful 2022 team managed to shock Kansas like that. 

You'll hate hearing this, but I grew up in a family of Colts fans, Bengals fans and... 

... Bears fans... 

Yep... About 1/3 of my family is from Indianapolis and Chicago. So for them, the only football team to root for before 1984 was Chicago. 

The Bears are my NFC team, but trust me when I say this, I respect the hell out of the Packers and like watching them play. 

When the Packers are good, it's good for the league. 

I am ok with you being a Bears fan. lol. So, you were exclusively a Bears fan before '84? I was a Baltimore Colts fan as well. The Colts became my 2nd fav team in 1976 when I was real young.

That 2020 OT Pack vs. Colts game was a joke. The Pack handed that to the Colts. No team can win with 4 turnovers.

The Colts have the won the last 3. That is why it's on in week 2!

29 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The last time it was one sided, it was Lambeau Field in 2008 with Peyton. 2012 was a FG win for Luck (ChuckStrong game), 2016 was a 5 point win for Luck and company on the road, 2020 was another FG win at home, we will see how 2024 turns out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

I am ok with you being a Bears fan. lol. So, you were exclusively a Bears fan before '84? I was a Baltimore Colts fan as well. The Colts became my 2nd fav team in 1976 when I was real young.

That 2020 OT Pack vs. Colts game was a joke. The Pack handed that to the Colts. No team can win with 4 turnovers.

The Colts have the won the last 3. That is why it's on in week 2!

I'm a relative youngster on the forum (turned 36 this year, though my students think I'm a dinosaur...). I'm in southeastern Indiana and part of the greater Cincinnati area. Colts, Bengals and Bears have always been what my families have supported. Colts were always my #1 team, even at a super young age when they were terrible lol...

Ironically enough, being a follower of Chicago at a young age introduced me to Brett Favre. Loved his gunslinger mentality as a QB. Ever since then I usually am pro Green Bay unless they play one of my other teams. 

Since I'm not a diehard Chicago fan, I found the Aaron Rodgers "I OWN YOU" game as hilarious. My Chicago family members weren't as amused hahaha... Stuff like that makes football fun. 

• Like 1