Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts OTAs Thread May 21st-23rd; May 29th-31st; Mandatory Mini Camp June 4th-6th **Updated Title

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't like this.

Yeeeeeeeah. I know it’s only June and it’s only minicamp, but we’ve seen the many different roads that we can find ourselves going down from here. Hopefully it’s just precautionary, but…

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Yeeeeeeeah. I know it’s only June and it’s only minicamp, but we’ve seen the many different roads that we can find ourselves going down from here. Hopefully it’s just precautionary, but…

I have enough residual PTSD from the Luck saga that this isn't something I'm just going to ignore. It's also happening at the end of offseason work, and we won't have any opportunity to see Richardson do anything for another month and a half, so that's not fun either. If we saw him take a couple days off, and then come back next week and throw like normal, it would put me at ease.

Steichen and Richardson are saying the right things, so I'm not fully freaking out, but I don't like it.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

I have enough residual PTSD from the Luck saga that this isn't something I'm just going to ignore. It's also happening at the end of offseason work, and we won't have any opportunity to see Richardson do anything for another month and a half, so that's not fun either. If we saw him take a couple days off, and then come back next week and throw like normal, it would put me at ease.

Steichen and Richardson are saying the right things, so I'm not fully freaking out, but I don't like it.

I’m not hitting the panic button either, but there’s now embers in the dry forest and smoke is starting to appear… 

I’m also apprehensive with Burrow’s unprecedented injury… 

Why can’t Cincy and Indy have nice things? 

• Like 1

I also don't like the left-handed thing, and that's probably also PTSD related to another QB we had a couple years ago... 

Just take the footwork reps, and then do an underhand toss back to the coach/trainer. Don't flip back to the left side and throw with the left hand. If you're drilling footwork and mechanics, it seems counterproductive to practice a function that isn't a part of your intended process. It's like purposely adding a hitch to your golf swing.

• Like 1

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but Richardson said a few days ago he is ahead of schedule throwing and felt great. Now he is on the sideline. Hmmm

He is not the franchise QB that we are hoping for.  Bigger faster and heavier than any other QB in the league and BRITTLE, I hope he proves me wrong facts or facts

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mirobi48 said:

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but Richardson said a few days ago he is ahead of schedule throwing and felt great. Now he is on the sideline. Hmmm

He is not the franchise QB that we are hoping for.  Bigger faster and heavier than any other QB in the league and BRITTLE, I hope he proves me wrong facts or facts

chuckling homer simpson GIF

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why? It is expected. He just had surgery. AR even said he was fine, and Shane said if there was a game on Sunday he would play. Nothing wrong with being cautious.

It wasn't expected that his final week of offseason work would be cut short. 

Being cautious would have been having throwing restrictions in place throughout the offseason, maybe a rest day here and there, etc. What happened this week is he showed up like normal, had his day cut short with a back issue on Tuesday, had his day cut short with shoulder soreness on Wednesday, and then didn't throw at all today. This wasn't planned.

And they can say that he'd play if there was a game this week, but what if the soreness lingers for several days, or gets worse? They said the right things, but now the offseason program is over, and we don't get to see him come back in a few days and throw like normal, so is it meaningful that they're saying he'd be fine to play on Sunday? What if this continues to happen throughout the season? Will it have a negative impact on his practice schedule and game day ability?

I have zero problem with being cautious. If they said on Tuesday 'he's a little sore, so we're not having him throw this week,' I would be fine with it. Instead, this kind of popped up on them, and now they're reacting. There's nothing wrong with the reaction, but the timing isn't ideal.

There's still three months until the season starts. I'm not having a meltdown about this, but my level of concern went from 8-10% to more like 20% over the last couple of days.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

It wasn't expected that his final week of offseason work would be cut short. 

Being cautious would have been having throwing restrictions in place throughout the offseason, maybe a rest day here and there, etc. What happened this week is he showed up like normal, had his day cut short with a back issue on Tuesday, had his day cut short with shoulder soreness on Wednesday, and then didn't throw at all today. This wasn't planned.

And they can say that he'd play if there was a game this week, but what if the soreness lingers for several days, or gets worse? They said the right things, but now the offseason program is over, and we don't get to see him come back in a few days and throw like normal, so is it meaningful that they're saying he'd be fine to play on Sunday? What if this continues to happen throughout the season? Will it have a negative impact on his practice schedule and game day ability?

I have zero problem with being cautious. If they said on Tuesday 'he's a little sore, so we're not having him throw this week,' I would be fine with it. Instead, this kind of popped up on them, and now they're reacting. There's nothing wrong with the reaction, but the timing isn't ideal.

There's still three months until the season starts. I'm not having a meltdown about this, but my level of concern went from 8-10% to more like 20% over the last couple of days.

Understandable. After what we went through with Andrew, anything is enough to scare anyone. I get it. I am still not worried. Now when Pre-Season rolls around and he is having some type of major problems, then I will be really worried. Regarding your %'s, I am at 10% still because I will never say there is a 0% of not being worried after a QB has shoulder surgery. 

Understandable. After what we went through with Andrew, anything is enough to scare anyone. I get it. I am still not worried. Now when Pre-Season rolls around and he is having some type of major problems, then I will be really worried. Regarding your %'s, I am at 10% still because I will never say there is a 0% of not being worried after a QB has shoulder surgery. 

Hell we dealt with it in 2011 with Peyton too. It’s never a “problem” until suddenly it is… 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Agreed, especially with the bolded. I'm just expressing my thoughts, not trying to be dramatic.

Meanwhile, there are people calling him brittle and writing him off, and that's a completely different story. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Agreed, especially with the bolded. I'm just expressing my thoughts, not trying to be dramatic.

Meanwhile, there are people calling him brittle and writing him off, and that's a completely different story. 

Yeah, I will wait for the brittle calling until the season gets going. This season will tell us a lot. If he plays 3 or 4 games then gets a serious injury, then we have a major problem obviously. 

Minor surgery for Manning...we were told he'd be fine...misses whole year...Colts career over

Minor surgery for Luck...told he'll be ready for season...misses year...Tolzein opening day QB....comes back following year, but throwing nerf balls in August...plays well.....quits following year.

I have PTSD....Please AR ...no nerf balls in August!

6 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Minor surgery for Manning...we were told he'd be fine...misses whole year...Colts career over

Minor surgery for Luck...told he'll be ready for season...misses year...Tolzein opening day QB....comes back following year, but throwing nerf balls in August...plays well.....quits following year.

I have PTSD....Please AR ...no nerf balls in August!

When I seen "Tolzein" I about puked. Who was worse Tolzien or Painter, hell throw Pagel in there too Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

When I seen "Tolzein" I about puked. Who was worse Tolzien or Painter, hell throw Pagel in there too Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

How about those first few games of Kerry Collins where he looked like Scott Sterling?

scott sterling GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would rather have Charlie Whitehurst Moon Walk Dance GIF

Clipboard Jesus!!!

Gosh time flies… I remember reading this forum the day Pagano was hired and there was so much hope. Then 2015 happened… 

• Like 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

Clipboard Jesus!!!

Gosh time flies… I remember reading this forum the day Pagano was hired and there was so much hope. Then 2015 happened… 

Hasselbeck was actually good but in his prime he was borderline great with Seattle. Once 2015 hit, it has been downhill for the most part, with the exception of 2018 and 2020.

• Like 1

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

I forgot about Wentz....needed last minute foot surgery 

As much as I gave Wentz hell, he actually did have a few good games. He still wasn't taking us anywhere though (he was average for us) and showed his true colors in weeks 16 and 17. He even had Taylor playing like Barry Sanders. Where I was wrong and shocked was, Matt Ryan playing so poorly. That one stunned me. I thought he would bring a Rivers vibe to the team, Rivers was good here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Ryan was unwatchable. I wish Rivers had 10 years left in him....ha

Rivers was impressive for his age. We had a solid team in 2020 going 11-5. Costanzo and TY were still here and good + the combo of Mack and Taylor was clicking. 

I think he is fine and I expected they would pull him if they pulled Pittman. Richardson is way more important. Certainly don't want to see a whole season of Flacco.  Take all the precautions you want Colts!!!!!

The Colts are always honest about qb injuries. They are surely just working on left handed throws to enable AR to play left handed after Steichen calls a few mindless qb sweeps like the one that ended his 2023 season.

3 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Man if Richardson now has issues staying healthy this Colts team really is cursed at the QB position since Luck. How freaking long will this last? We've had such bad luck. 

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Man if Richardson now has issues staying healthy this Colts team really is cursed at the QB position since Luck. How freaking long will this last? We've had such bad luck. 

We’ve been cursed far longer than that…

Bert Jones…

John Elway…

Jeff George…

Manning’s neck courtesy of the Titans…

Luck’s shoulder courtesy of the Titans…

AR’s shoulder courtesy of the Titans…

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mirobi48 said:

Did you say the same thing when Josh Allen got injured and missed 4 games?

Just now, RollerColt said:

Bert Jones…

John Elway…

Jeff George…

Manning’s neck courtesy of the Titans…

Luck’s shoulder courtesy of the Titans…

AR’s shoulder courtesy of the Titans…

Wentzs foot 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Bert Jones…