Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are some of the best seats at lucas oil stadium that aren't super expensive?

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Was planning  to got to colts bills game Nov 10 and never been to lucas oil stadium  before.

If you’re going by yourself you can get a dramatically better seat if you go alone.  All teams love to sell a single seat.  They're typically the hardest seat to sell.  

I once bought one from the Rams in the late 80’s and my single seat was on around the 40.    Same with a single seat I bought at Stanford around 2013.   I was close to the 45. 

But if you’re looking for two tix, then you’ll be pushed toward the corners or end zones.  

Call the Colts directly and ask to speak to someone who can give you advice. 

Hope this helps.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

Was planning  to got to colts bills game Nov 10 and never been to lucas oil stadium  before.

We always wait until about 15 minutes before kickoff and buy them on stubhub.   Usually get a really good price. 

• Like 4

They are so expensive now that it's crazy. Even for nosebleed tickets, they are almost 200. I remember I went one year, and there were a lot of open seats in the next section closer, so my brother and I moved up after the first quarter. Does anyone know when they start checking your tickets when you enter the sections of your seats? Might just start buying the cheapest tickets and just move up when the games start to get better seats lol

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

We always wait until about 15 minutes before kickoff and buy them on stubhub.   Usually get a really good price. 

I want to do this, but I live a little over 4 hrs away and am worried if I do this, I will miss out and get screwed somehow.

• Like 1

I recommend getting in early if you have good seats and want autographs. My buddy has season tickets in section 143 and the players always seem to make their way over.

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

I want to do this, but I live a little over 4 hrs away and am worried if I do this, I will miss out and get screwed somehow.

I live about 3 hours away.   Never had a problem.   But I understand your dilemma 

Just now, IndyD4U said:

IMO the 300-400 level mid-field seats are prime. Much prefer those over the 100 level when I was a STH

Agreed. 300-400 level seats are usually best and fair value.

I also would say best value is getting anything row 1 or 2 of 400s sections directly above each end zone. The closer to mid field the more expensive and if you are row 1 or 2 above each end zone you can still see everything on both sides of the field.

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I've always heard that's a good way to find really good prices. Problem is I live in Nashville, TN so I feel it's a bit risky to make the trip up not having a ticket already. 

23 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I've always heard that's a good way to find really good prices. Problem is I live in Nashville, TN so I feel it's a bit risky to make the trip up not having a ticket already. 

exactly how i feel, just a little nervous if it doesnt work out. 

Just now, tweezy32 said:

exactly how i feel, just a little nervous if it doesnt work out. 

It might not have worked during the Manning era,  but I haven't been shut out starting 4 or 5 years ago

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It might not have worked during the Manning era,  but I haven't been shut out starting 4 or 5 years ago

do you ever move up sections to grab better seats that are not being used?

35 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

do you ever move up sections to grab better seats that are not being used?

It depends.    If it's just me a buddy, we will try.  If it's me and the kids and grand kids, no.   Too many seats.   Lol

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I live about 3 hours away.   Never had a problem.   But I understand your dilemma 

I see.  So your literally in the parking lot buying tickets 15 minutes before the game when prices drop.

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ADnum1 said:

I see.  So your literally in the parking lot buying tickets 15 minutes before the game when prices drop.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Yes.  In line to go into the stadium usually

• Like 1

Just now, tweezy32 said:

you know what time about they stop selling them and letting you buy them?

You can continue to buy until the game is over on stubhub.  I don't know about other sites

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

You can continue to buy until the game is over on stubhub.  I don't know about other sites

What do the prices typically look like? I'm 4 hours away now myself, so it feels like a risk unless it's a really good deal. My wife and I can stay with family in Indy though, so that lowers the hit if I strike out.

12 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

What do the prices typically look like? I'm 4 hours away now myself, so it feels like a risk unless it's a really good deal. My wife and I can stay with family in Indy though, so that lowers the hit if I strike out.

We have gotten tickets as low as 15 bucks.    Never more than 50, but I never try to get lower level

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, jvan1973 said:

We have gotten tickets as low as 15 bucks.    Never more than 50, but I never try to get lower level

wth!!! yeah im gonna have to risk it for that price! decent seats too?

6 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

wth!!! yeah im gonna have to risk it for that price! decent seats too?

Usually corner end zone 600 level.   I like being up high though.   You can see the entire field easier

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Woah! I spent $80 after tax and fees for high nosebleeds last year (Raiders) for my first Colts game.

I always asked for tickets for Christmas every year growing up in the Peyton era, but never got it.

I was a broke college student working 2 jobs living in Indy during the Luck era and couldn't afford it/always working.

I'm gonna try this. This might be a yearly thing for my wife and me if it works out.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Just avoid the 600 level.  You don’t feel part of the game. 

Ended up going with 200 level was aiming for 300 level but they sold out quick

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Ended up going with 200 level was aiming for 300 level but they sold out quick

Nice.   Enjoy.  If you don't mind me asking.  How much did you pay per seat?

On 5/16/2024 at 11:58 AM, Bravo said:

Agreed. 300-400 level seats are usually best and fair value.

I also would say best value is getting anything row 1 or 2 of 400s sections directly above each end zone. The closer to mid field the more expensive and if you are row 1 or 2 above each end zone you can still see everything on both sides of the field.

That is true but you can see whole field more from the expensive seats which is probably  why they higher lol

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Yikes.  Well have fun brother.   Sounds like you got great seats

And those weren't  the highest seats. The highest I saw went for 3000 a seat

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

That is true but you can see whole field more from the expensive seats which is probably  why they higher lol

I disagree.   I like to be up high.   I can see the entire field.    My nephew and I got club level seats at the dome years ago.    The experience was cool.   They had an exclusive area for food and beer. They also had waiters.  Super cool.   Jared From Subway stumbled into me and spilled his entire beer down my back 5 minutes before kickoff.   The experience was cool(outside of having wet pants and undies)   But we were so low,  I couldn't see what was happening.  Give me the cheap seats every time

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

And those weren't  the highest seats. The highest I saw went for 3000 a seat

These are 50 yard line

Check out this cool event Buffalo Bills at Indianapolis Colts on Sun, Nov 10 @1:00 PM! https://www.stubhub.com/indianapolis-colts-indianapolis-tickets-11-10-2024/event/153075036/?quantity=2&sortDirection=1&sortBy=CALCULATEDBESTSEATS&listingId=7405680841&listingQty=&PCID=UserSharingV1EventDetail-1ADE1309-EA1D-491B-AFC3-9B73E23C82EC

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I disagree.   I like to be up high.   I can see the entire field.    My nephew and I got club level seats at the dome years ago.    The experience was cool.   They had an exclusive area for food and beer. They also had waiters.  Super cool.   Jared From Subway stumbled into me and spilled his entire beer down my back 5 minutes before kickoff.   The experience was cool(outside of having wet pants and undies)   But we were so low,  I couldn't see what was happening.  Give me the cheap seats every time

Im with you!   I just LOVE being up high.  It’s my preference if given a choice.   If someone asks me, it’s what I recommend.  

I try to share that from up high, you will see holes in the LOS open a split second faster.  You will see receivers get open much sooner.   You will also see how the play is developing much faster.   Perhaps that doesn’t appeal to everyone, but it sure does to me!   I feel much more involved in the game.  

But…. I know some people enjoy being closer to the field.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im with you!   I just LOVE being up high.  It’s my preference if given a choice.   If someone asks me, it’s what I recommend.  

I try to share that from up high, you will see holes in the LOS open a split second faster.  You will see receivers get open much sooner.   You will also see how the play is developing much faster.   Perhaps that doesn’t appeal to everyone, but it sure does to me!   I feel much more involved in the game.  

But…. I know some people enjoy being closer to the field.   

That's exactly why I love it.   When Peyton was here I knew where he was going all the time.   You can watch the routes and who is open.   It's my preference.   Luckily for me it saves me money.   Lol

• Like 1