Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft Thread Day 1 (Final Discussions, Predictions, Rumors, etc…). ****NO SPOILERS****

Just now, RollerColt said:

Thanks! Definitely do not recommend wearing Red near a bee hive. One sucker got stuck in my eyelid... and here I am... 

Oh man, that's awful!  I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

Thanks! Definitely do not recommend wearing Red near a bee hive. One sucker got stuck in my eyelid... and here I am... 

This place isn't the same without you. Glad you made it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Quit fighting Mike Tyson, just joking. Get well my friend. 

LMAO I really look like I was smoked by Tyson. All puffed up and black and blue hahaha. Maybe that's what I'll tell my students tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, csmopar said:

not popular opinion but I think he busts. It’s a character thing to me

I haven't seen anything overly worrying character-wise... he is a bit of a personality... but yeah... 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I don't necessarily agree that if teams chose other WRs it means they didn't view him as a first round player. It just means they liked a different player more.    As for the rest, I think it's obvious that teams had concerns about AD Mitchell. I also think it's obvious the Colts weren't dying to draft him, otherwise they wouldn't have traded back. So the whole 'he was a surefire first rounder until unnamed sources went after him' thing doesn't quite connect for me.
    • Yes, there are ethical considerations.  But I’d say those are in a case by case basis.     But the vast majority of comments are going to be used.  Now if a reporter thinks a source is trying to bad mouth a player, perhaps for professional gain, they can decline to use the info and also stop using the source if the source loses credibility.     Source relationships are obviously important and can get tricky.
    • OOOps! "Edition" not "Addition", lol!  Mods please correct my faux pas.
    • I had actually never seen the specific comments about diabetes until this Destin article...or Part 1 of this Bob McGinn article for that matter. I knew some things were said though and Ballard didn't like it.   But now that I have read Destin's article and McGinn's article, I just don't agree with the narrative Destin is pushing here. He's trying to portray AD as a R1 talent who was unfairly treated by the rumor-mongering media, which caused teams to not draft him until R2.   But we all know it doesn't really work like that anymore. And McGinn's article has additional not-so-flattering comments from scouts during AD's Combine workout (not just his diabetes management or coachability). So we know a glimpse into what some scouts were thinking back as far as the Combine, which was well before McGinn even published this article in mid April.   The bigger picture for me is "man, that sure seems like a lot of discouraging comments from scouts." And McGinn didn't have an agenda...he just happened to have more material on AD Mitchell than others and he published it.         
    • I think I was wrong in my guess here. On later inspection, it seems like the more likely situation is that the part about his diabetes is still in this article, but it's just hidden behind a paywall.. 
  • Members

• Creekside

Creekside 779

• Aaron86

Aaron86 440

• IndyD4U

IndyD4U 1,450

• Superman

Superman 21,093

Moderators
    • joeb

joeb 204