Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Gavin's Mock Draft - Participants (Any New as well) Invited!

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Only 1 RB

2 TEs

No kicker and punter drafted?

No wonder we're not GMs!!!! 

Don't tell Mark SP about punters and kickers (Vikings fans joke)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coltsfanej said:

Commanders select Johnny Wilson WR/TE FSU

That trade on the clock was not a problem, the day went smooth as we could've hoped.

Thanks for everyone for participating, and also for pushing each other to get the picks reminded.

We've reached the end of today, we'll meet again same time tomorrow, 7 PM EDT for Round 3 of Gavin's Mock Draft.

Thanks once again, good night everyone. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Love it. My mother refuses to go. She is 84.  As soon as I turn 60, I may check out the Senior centers.. :)

Will you be back tomorrow?

To the best of my abilities. 

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That trade on the clock was not a problem, the day went smooth as we could've hoped.

Thanks for everyone for participating, and also for pushing each other to get the picks reminded.

We've reached the end of today, we'll meet again same time tomorrow, 7 PM EDT for Round 3 of Gavin's Mock Draft.

Thanks once again, good night everyone. 

Will you have someone to assist with updating the lists? I am available again on Friday and I work from home. I can help up until about 7:45 tomorrow.

Just now, Mike06181 said:

To the best of my abilities. 

Be sure to come. You are good at moving things along. Thanks!

By the way, during the playoffs, we had a Lions fan here. We hoped you both would meet here. He posts on the Vikings site. He will be doing the Mock draft on the Vikings site. You may know him if you read Pride of Detroit.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Will you have someone to assist with updating the lists? I am available again on Friday and I work from home. I can help up until about 7:45 tomorrow.

It's okay, you don't need to stay until 7:45, we'll manage.. if it goes slow, we'll pick the next day.

You should have good time there without thinking about updating the lists, lol

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

It's okay, you don't need to stay until 7:45, we'll manage.. if it goes slow, we'll pick the next day.

You should have good time there without thinking about updating the lists, lol

Okay. Thanks.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Be sure to come. You are good at moving things along. Thanks!

By the way, during the playoffs, we had a Lions fan here. We hoped you both would meet here. He posts on the Vikings site. He will be doing the Mock draft on the Vikings site. You may know him if you read Pride of Detroit.

Tomorrow will be difficult. I have pickups around draft time will send list if need be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, runthepost said:

I PM you with a pick lol

I did not see it. Sorry. That must have been when I was editing I got something like 50 notifications. Check out the PM I sent you.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

@NFLfan and @VikingsFanInChennai if you need a team to be taken over, I will do it for the last 3 rounds. 

Only have one team right now, and will do it to have fun and make it easier on you guys.

That would be good. Let us see who is here tomorrow. But it seems like a good idea. Thanks.

• Like 1

Sorry folks, been researching, test driving and running around for getting a used car for my teen daughter. 

Been a hectic 2 days, finally found one. Glad you moved along with the draft. Tomorrow is when I can participate in the draft. Sorry about that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Sorry folks, been researching, test driving and running around for getting a used car for my teen daughter. 

Been a hectic 2 days, finally found one. Glad you moved along with the draft. Tomorrow is when I can participate in the draft. Sorry about that.

Alright fellow Dad, what did ya end up gettin’?

3 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

@NFLfan and @VikingsFanInChennai if you need a team to be taken over, I will do it for the last 3 rounds. 

Only have one team right now, and will do it to have fun and make it easier on you guys.

@jvan1973 said he could only handle Colts going forward.

So, as a commissioner, I am entrusting you media Darling Mahomes and Kansas City Chiefs over to you.

godfather GIF

Whatever you do, Don't make him ☝️ regret :D

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@jvan1973 said he could only handle Colts going forward.

So, as a commissioner, I am entrusting you media Darling Mahomes and Kansas City Chiefs over to you.

godfather GIF

Whatever you do, Don't make him ☝️ regret :D

I'm in! I'll do my best for them!

• Like 1

Ok, after some deliberation, the Kansas City Chiefs are deciding to go BPA here. I'm going with who I feel is the best Safety in the class.

With the 64th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select, Cole Bishop, S, Utah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoshinator said:

Ok, after some deliberation, the Kansas City Chiefs are deciding to go BPA here. I'm going with who I feel is the best Safety in the class.

With the 64th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select, Cole Bishop, S, Utah.

@jvan1973 hope you are okay with @Yoshinator taking over for Chiefs, as you expressed during the draft hours, let me know if I misremembered it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

With 47th overall draft pick, new York Giants select

Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State 

As it is at the top of the needs and BPA in the Big Board. 

Thx for picking. Pick is great. Would have been on my list anyway.

Sry for not appearing/writing you a list.

• Like 1

@NFLfan mentioned to me after the draft hours that @runthepost had already messaged her in advance (not including me) for the player he'd like to draft in second round for Texans, but she seemed to have missed seeing the request amidst all the notifications.

As the player is available at this time, we decided to make a change to their pick before the start of 3rd round and make the previously selected player OG Cooper Beebe available in the Big Board.

With 59th overall draft pick, Houston Texans select 

Caelen Carson, Wake Forest, CB

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

Thx for picking. Pick is great. Would have been on my list anyway.

Sry for not appearing/writing you a list.

As you usually and promptly send the list in advance, I was wondering if I missed it. I checked twice before selecting BPA. 

No problem, there's usually so much flying around when we try to allot all evenings to the draft, and we can't always attend to it. It's low priority among life and work, after all. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I should be around to help cover tonight. Go enjoy your evening and don’t worry bout us 😉

I am sorry I will miss it. It is fun when it is taking place. Folks have fun.

I see that you all have not complained about the Colts picks this year. haha

The story about the first year we had this Mock Draft will always be something to remember. The Colts GM selected Keanu Neal and Colts fans immediately voiced their displeasure. It was like the reaction of fans after Grigson selected Dorsett in 2015 or when he skipped Xavier Rhodes for Werner. Fans were so upset about the selection of Neal. Most wanted Ryan Kelly, given that the OL needed so much help. You all gave that GM so much grief. It upset him to be criticized for his pick.  Keanu Neal turned out to be a very good player after all. I think he was Defensive Rookie of the Year that season.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I am sorry I will miss it. It is fun when it is taking place. Folks have fun.

I see that you all have not complained about the Colts picks this year. haha

The story about the first year we had this Mock Draft will always be something to remember. The Colts GM selected Keanu Neal and Colts fans immediately voiced their displeasure. It was like the reaction of fans after Grigson selected Dorsett in 2015 or when he skipped Xavier Rhodes for Werner. Fans were so upset about the selection of Neal. Most wanted Ryan Kelly, given that the OL needed so much help. You all gave that GM so much grief. It upset him to be criticized for his pick.  Keanu Neal turned out to be a very good player after all. I think he was Defensive Rookie of the Year that season.

Neal has been on 4 teams and is currently a free agent.   He was drafted 1 pick before the Colts,  but I'm glad we got Ryan kelly.

• Like 1

Man that trade down hurt. All my Oline came off. And the last one right before my pick just to add insult to injury. lol 

Had to go with my offense weapon guy. 

My idea with Wilson is to convert to TE and have a year to learn behind Ertz and bulk up. And using his size as a bully slot/redzone target for Maye this year. Massive size and a 9.7 RAS should have some potential to be a big athletic target. 

• Like 2