Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Gavin's Mock Draft - Participants (Any New as well) Invited!

6 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

Since he’s the last pick we could always let him change it tomorrow before we start the 2nd round too. It wouldn’t affect anything else. 

That's a great idea.

@jvan1973 please check if you're okay with Chiefs pick or change it before 7 PM EDT tomorrow evening. Thanks. 

Updated Draft Tracker and Big Board

All trades are updated, respective GMs are requested to please check if all your updated picks look right.

Please ensure sending your preferred choices in PM to me, @NFLfan and @csmopar in case you'd not be available during the draft hours. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L022ricXc2SzGp_vDX9LnE6trouob21A/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=104115094287707831452&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Is it too late to pick?

Yes, too late today, but you can make your picks the rest of the week. It starts at 7 PM ET tomorrow.

The other participants selected Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson for the Eagles. He was BPA.

How do you like him?

The Colts selected the CB from Toledo.(Mitchell)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Are you all enjoying this? Any reaches?

Thanks for picking for me. IMO my pick for the bears can be qualified as a bit of a reach but I just got wiped out on my board. Ideally I would have liked to trade back and gotten some more picks but couldn't get it done.

Oh well, Latu was the highest player left on my board so I'm happy with it, but in the real world it's possible Latu goes much later because of injury concerns.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, stitches said:

Thanks for picking for me. IMO my pick for the bears can be qualified as a bit of a reach but I just got wiped out on my board. Ideally I would have liked to trade back and gotten some more picks but couldn't get it done.

Oh well, Latu was the highest player left on my board so I'm happy with it, but in the real world it's possible Latu goes much later because of injury concerns.

I thought McCaffrey was a reach.

48 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I thought McCaffrey was a reach.

JJ? Yeah I thought so too, but I could see it happening because there are so many who want him in the early teens. 

To all that may think the giants move for McCarthy was wrong or whatever, here my thoughts:

In my opinion Daniel Jones is not the long term answer at qb for the Giants. He's somewhere around the Dalton-Line and that is not enough. With the hope of not picking that high again next year and the magic of Daboll, they take a shot at McCarthy.

They then could opt to start Jones week1 and trade him to a contender who's qb misses some time due to injury. If not, he can sit and learn for a whole season.

I know it was a bold move, but I think it's not completely out of this world in reality. We've seen teams making bigger moves almost every year.

Edit: just did some research, and what should I say?!

The amount of Mock drafts and "experts" having the Giants pick a qb is quite high. I don't think it was so incredibly bold what I did here.....

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

To all that may think the giants move for McCarthy was wrong or whatever, here my thoughts:

In my opinion Daniel Jones is not the long term answer at qb for the Giants. He's somewhere around the Dalton-Line and that is not enough. With the hope of not picking that high again next year and the magic of Daboll, they take a shot at McCarthy.

They then could opt to start Jones week1 and trade him to a contender who's qb misses some time due to injury. If not, he can sit and learn for a whole season.

I know it was a bold move, but I think it's not completely out of this world in reality. We've seen teams making bigger moves almost every year.

The amount of Mock drafts and "experts" having the Giants pick a qb is quite high. I don't think it was so incredibly bold what I did here.....

I was one who boo’d it.. i understand your reasoning and you might be correct. I just feel he has not been given top end targets and then got hurt. A chance to get him a stud #1 wr or stud young te would be the way they should go. But your pick isnt crazy. Heck it fits the way the giants do things.. which i think is wrong and leads to them firing a damn good coach if they dont make playoffs this next season. I doubt they let him start another qb over.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Not sure if @Indyfan4life would be only busy today or if he will not be able to be available all week.. 

He could come back on next few days and pick for Vikings, but if the trade worked out, only a couple of picks will be left to draft. 

Yeah, sorry. I’ve got some personal stuff going on this week that kind of popped up out of no where. Not to mention I’m sick as % and spending most of my free time sleeping. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Mike06181 said:

I was one who boo’d it.. i understand your reasoning and you might be correct. I just feel he has not been given top end targets and then got hurt. A chance to get him a stud #1 wr or stud young te would be the way they should go. But your pick isnt crazy. Heck it fits the way the giants do things.. which i think is wrong and leads to them firing a damn good coach if they dont make playoffs this next season. I doubt they let him start another qb over.

I think you're right with the WR/TE thing in NY. But we all know how this business works.... A new QB might buy you some time. Or at least the coach and GM hope so...

And the owner himself said it's not out of this world they take a qb.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Only one BPA In the Big Board graded round 1 is left.

With 32nd overall draft pick, Kansas City Chiefs select

Amarius Mims , OT, Georgia

We usually take BPA , so let the GM handle the WR need later in the draft. 

I would have chosen Xavier Worthy.  Speedy wr for Andy Reid to play with.   But I'm ok with your pick

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Sorry,  I got called into work before my pick

No Problem, would you keep the pick for Chiefs or change it?

As it's the last pick, and the draft starts at 7 PM today for next round, you have a unique opportunity to choose from available players and change the picked player for Chiefs if you'd like! 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I would have chosen Xavier Worthy.  Speedy wr for Andy Reid to play with.   But I'm ok with your pick

If you'd like, let's change the pick #32 to Xavier Worthy.

Do you wanna do so? 

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

No Problem, would you keep the pick for Chiefs or change it?

As it's the last pick, and the draft starts at 7 PM today for next round, you have a unique opportunity to choose from available players and change the picked player for Chiefs if you'd like! 

If you'd like, let's change the pick #32 to Xavier Worthy.

Do you wanna do so? 

Yes,  thank you

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes,  thank you

With the 32nd overall draft pick in 2024 Gavin's Mock Draft, Kansas City Chiefs select

Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas

Updated Draft tracker is available online with all trades updated with the list of available players shown in the Big Board, let's Get ready for Round 2 today! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L022ricXc2SzGp_vDX9LnE6trouob21A/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=104115094287707831452&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Solid84 said:

JJ? Yeah I thought so too, but I could see it happening because there are so many who want him in the early teens. 

5 hours ago, stitches said:

So how do you feel about the rumors that Minnesota will try to move up to that 5-6 range for him?

I would not like it but it would not upset me too much because we are so much in need of a QB. I'm just concerned about giving up too much for him. I would rather stay at 11 and 23 and see what falls to us. JMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

I don't think it is a bad pick. I actually think the Vikings may pick him at 3 or 4. Many people like him. As I learn more about him, I am liking him more and more.

I am playing in a Mock Draft on the Vikings site in three weeks and my two teams are Giants and Titans. One of those I am considering for the Giant is McCaffrey. So, while I called it a reach, I think it is a move that the Giants may make. He also has the demeanor/personality of Giants QBs,  like Eli and Daniel Jones.

It is a good pick for the Giants.

2 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

I think you're right with the WR/TE thing in NY. But we all know how this business works.... A new QB might buy you some time. Or at least the coach and GM hope so...

And the owner himself said it's not out of this world they take a qb.

My friend is a Giants season-ticket holder and we attend games together. One of the positions that he would like upgraded is QB. I'm considering one of the top 3 WRs first -- I like all 3. Then I am considering QB and DL.

22 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes,  thank you

What do you think of the Colts pick? We are not changing that one but wondered what your thoughts were.

CB Mitchell from Toledo

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What do you think of the Colts pick? We are not changing that one but wondered what your thoughts were.

CB Mitchell from Toledo

I don't think Ballard will take a CB that high,   but I think Mitchell is a good player

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think Ballard will take a CB that high,   but I think Mitchell is a good player

Who would you have picked if you drafting with Ballard in mind? I cannot recall who everyone was considering but most wanted Mitchell.

59 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hey I’ve got power this morning! Hopefully no storms today and I’ll be on this evening

We're all clear on severe weather threats at least for a week or so. Next main disturbances are looking to occur mid next week after the eclipse. 

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Who would you have picked if you drafting with Ballard in mind? I cannot recall who everyone was considering but most wanted Mitchell.

I think I would have taken Chop Robinson.   Need to generate more pash rush.  Mitchell is a very good player.   If the Colts take him, I won't be upset. 

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Yes, too late today, but you can make your picks the rest of the week. It starts at 7 PM ET tomorrow.

The other participants selected Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson for the Eagles. He was BPA.

How do you like him?

The Colts selected the CB from Toledo.(Mitchell)

Actually very happy with that pick. I would have gone corner anyways.

What I’ll do is PM my pick around 4 PM ET if I don’t think I’m going to make it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Mitchell is a difference maker. Chop worries me as a workout warrior with a lack of sacks in college. Lots of good cbs in this draft. Lots of 2’s. Colts need a 1 and theres only 2 maybe 3 of those in this draft. Lucky if they have their choice of the bunch. Great great pick that slots last yrs cbs where they fit on field.

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Why?

Because the colts have drafted alot of tes last few drafts. Lets see what woods is before benching him. Plus most te do next to nothing. More needs than a 1st rd te. Having a dominant defense can help the qb better than adding offense weapons that need to develop.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@Zoltan  What do you think of your guy going to the Seahawks?  He gets to stay in the Northwest.

I think he’s a better fit with the offense Pete Carroll used but we’ll see what the new scheme looks like

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike06181 said:

Because the colts have drafted alot of tes last few drafts. Lets see what woods is before benching him. Plus most te do next to nothing. More needs than a 1st rd te. Having a dominant defense can help the qb better than adding offense weapons that need to develop.

Yeah, I kind of scratch my head when I hear TE called a major need for the Colts.  Especially since the Ogletree incident turned out to be apparently nonthreatening to his future on the team.  Woods, Ogletree, and Mallory is a very good set of athletes, and Granson ain’t bad for a #4…

11 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah, I kind of scratch my head when I hear TE called a major need for the Colts.  Especially since the Ogletree incident turned out to be apparently nonthreatening to his future on the team.  Woods, Ogletree, and Mallory is a very good set of athletes, and Granson ain’t bad for a #4…

Only thing i disagree with you on is granson. Hes their 1 or 2 in pecking order in my opinion. But yes those 4 are plenty good for this team. It might be one of the deeper groups.

Anyone interested in trading up with the Patriots at #34 in the 2nd should send me a message.  The last of the premium OTs are unexpectedly still on the board!  It would cost you something similar to what the Drafttek Trade Value chart indicates…

5 minutes ago, Mike06181 said:

Only thing i disagree with you on is granson. Hes their 1 or 2 in pecking order in my opinion. But yes those 4 are plenty good for this team. It might be one of the deeper groups.

Yeah, he had a bigger role last year.  But after a great TC, he was pretty nonproductive again during the season.  It seemed liked last year was do or die for him, and Mallory and Ogletree looked good while he was croaking.

1 hour ago, Mike06181 said:

Are we using this same thread tonight or starting a rd 2 thread?

Same thread until the end, this won't change. In fact, the spreadsheet and most of the process won't change at all. 

We don't need to change something and confuse everyone, as following this mock draft daily evenings among other works and personal lives is a challenge in itself :D

• Thanks 1