Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff football this weekend (Divisional Round)

Arodgers12

Who are you pulling for?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Texans @ Ravens

2. 2. Packers @ 49ers

3. 3. Bucs @ Lions

4. 4. Chiefs @ Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, #12. said:

I was talking early on, being a 6th round pick.  He was basically an afterthought until he got ring #2.

Yeah, even Mahomes was a one hit wonder till he cemented it with 2nd SB. Purdy and fans should just live in the moment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Desperate and good teams make their own luck

I'm not sure that's how luck works. One team dropped multiple interceptions tonight, the other did not. I can't hardly say that the linebacker that intercepted Love is better at catching the ball than the defensive backs from the Packers that dropped them. In a rainy game, it's a little bit of luck (and bad luck) really.

I couldn't decide who I wanted my Lions to play.

By kickoff, I was thinking GB. Then during the game, I kept going back and forth, mostly because Goff doesn't tend to play well outside.

Now, if we win tomorrow, I am ready to go to Santa Clara and run the ball at the Niners front, which is not as good as it is rated against the run, in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

That was definitely like Brett Favre

People can say what they want about Rodgers.. but the dudes TD to Int ratio is insane.. it took me awhile to wrap my head around the face that he throw 48 TDs to 4 interceptions in 2020.. then coach takes the ball outta his hands with the game on the line..

5 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I'm not sure that's how luck works. One team dropped multiple interceptions tonight, the other did not. I can't hardly say that the linebacker that intercepted Love are better at catching the ball than the defensive backs from the Packers that dropped them. In a rainy game, it's a little bit of luck (and bad luck) really.

49ers made their share of mistakes too but made the plays when it counted. Patriots dropped INTs vs Eli and failed to recover a Giants fumble in that 16-1 SB game too but the Giants cashed in, that’s all anyone remembers.

The rest all gets collected in the jar of sour grapes. :) 

1 minute ago, ChuggaBeer said:

The better team won.  It shouldn't have been that close   Losing Deebo hurt the 9ers a lot 

Hope he plays in the NFCCG, I don’t want 49ers fans to have excuses. :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That was Because of his HC and the Spygate allegations. Till he beat the Seahawks and Falcons, folks had doubts

That's a long time to doubt him.... :) not many QBs get to play at high level for 15 years to earn the trust among the fans for so long and have to keep proving it. 

We get judgemental sometimes, but playing in playoffs is a different beast, as Packers showed how much they could look different from the ordinary team they were for most part in regular season.

It's tough to win it all for any QB, in any year or even multiple times and same goes for Elite teams too. Every team looks a bit different in playoffs suddenly.

It will be interesting to see if Lions play with same confidence or if they struggle to get going. They've been very consistent on offense so far. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That's a long time to doubt him.... :) not many QBs get to play at high level for 15 years to earn the trust among the fans for so long and have to keep proving it. 

We get judgemental sometimes, but playing in playoffs is a different beast, as Packers showed how much they could look different from the ordinary team they were for most part in regular season.

It's tough to win it all for any QB, in any year or even multiple times and same goes for Elite teams too. Every team looks a bit different in playoffs suddenly.

It will be interesting to see if Lions play with same confidence or if they struggle to get going. They've been very consistent on offense so far. 

Bowles is a blitzer and Goff’s pressure down the middle vs Bowles’ blitzes will be the key battle as long as Mayfield doesn’t crap the bed and makes it easy with turnovers for Goff to just hand the ball over. Home field is big. I predicted all home teams to win.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Bowles is a blitzer and Goff’s pressure down the middle vs Bowles’ blitzes will be the key battle as long as Mayfield doesn’t crap the bed

Goff has been very good against the blitz this year. When our entire OL was healthy, we tended to do very well.

We did ok with Flores' blitzes twice this season.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Love with the throw that doesn't remind people of Rodgers but Favre... What in the name of Sam Hill?!

Yea you can’t make that throw.  Niners got away with one tonight that’s for sure.  I was expecting them to take charge and right up until the very end they didn’t. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Anyway, Packers should keep their head high.

Should keep their kicker too, he's been consistent. His brother Daniel Carlson had much more problems as rookie before becoming one of the most trustable kickers in the league.

@NFLfan

I don't know why Vikes fans are relieved, they've to be afraid of Lions and Packers for years now. 

You know Vikings fans hate the Packers because the Packers win a lot. The fans on DN are very happy GB lost. I think part of it is because most Vikings fans live near Packers fans. Those like me and you who do not live near Minnesota or Wisconsin don't dislike GB as much.

Vikings fans do seem to like the Lions. That might change if the Lions start winning a lot.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JoeyBlueSkies said:

Goff has been very good against the blitz this year. When our entire OL was healthy, we tended to do very well.

We did ok with Flores' blitzes twice this season.

Don’t worry, the support factor for the Lions franchise runs rampant this year like it did for the Saints in 2009 (except it was against the Colts then :)). We’re all rooting for the Lions.

Most of us however recognize and love good football in the end and understand not all of it can be played flawlessly.

Just now, chad72 said:

Don’t worry, the support factor for the Lions franchise runs rampant this year like it did for the Saints in 2009 (except it was against the Colts then :)). We’re all rooting for the Lions.

Most of us however recognize and love good football in the end and understand not all of it can be played flawlessly.

Folks rooted for the Bountygaters? I was rooting for the Colts in 2009.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Folks rooted for the Bountygaters? I was rooting for the Colts in 2009.

At that time, there weren’t Bountygate truths surfacing. It was after a year or two when there was talk about what we noticed as cheap shots Favre was taking and things came to light later.

Poor Saints from all those years, plus post Katrina sentiments all working in their favor that year.

Were you out of touch with the country or what? Vikings and Colts fans were obviously in favor of Colts but not the rest of the country.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. She is not feeling well (cold symptoms). I'm going to visit again tomorrow.

It is 20° here, with a Real Feel of 1°. I still prefer cold weather over hot weather.

I like 65 degrees with about a 5 mile an hour wind. That is perfect for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like 65 degrees with about a 5 mile an hour wind. That is perfect for me. 

That’s not warm enough for me. 75-80 is perfect for all day lounging or activities for me :) 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chad72 said:

At that time, there weren’t Bountygate truths surfacing. It was after a year or two when there was talk about what we noticed as cheap shots Favre was taking and things came to light later.

Poor Saints from all those years, plus post Katrina sentiments all working in their favor that year.

Were you out of touch with the country or what? Vikings and Colts fans were obviously in favor of Colts but not the rest of the country.

No, I remember that but I guess I was not rooting for the Saints because they beat the Vikings. I also liked the Colts players. If I recall correctly, I did like Brees and was happy that he won a SB ring, but other than that, I was rooting for the Colts.

• Like 1

Thank god the Texans or Packers didn't win. The league is in great hands with these young QB's but the 49ers and Ravens are just far better teams that deserve the Conf. Championship. One of the few gripes I have with NFL Playoffs is the one game sudden death. These 9-8 teams like the Packers can get hot at the right time, win a few at the end to sneak into the playoffs and shock teams that were consistently good all year.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After my Lions win tomorrow, I will have both my picks in the final 4. Detroit Lions Football GIF

Crazy that either lions and bradyless Bucs will be in the championship game.. 

I actually give the Bucs a better shot in San Fran than the Lions..😂

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lions are going to go to the SB, book it! I just felt it from day 1. 

Is Deebo expected back next week? That can make a difference. That WR is dynamic. I am such a fan of his.

10 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I hope they do. I would like to see the Lions in the Super Bowl.

35 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I'm looking forward to the Lions game.

Yes.

This is the game I've been looking forward to.  I really hope the Lions make it to SB this year, but also I have felt happy for Baker this season after the way he was treated by previous teams. 

So I will root for the winner of this game to take it all this year.

• Like 2

Somewhere Baker is laughing his rear off at the Browns. Hats off to him. Do I think he is a franchise QB, NO, but with the right surroundings he is a top 15 QB. The Browns will always be the Browns because they do dumb stuff like the Watson deal. They won some close games this year where they got real lucky, and in our game we got cheated. When Burrow comes back healthy, I see the Browns missing the playoffs next year. Ravens and Bengals both will be clearly better, Steelers might be just as good.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Somewhere Baker is laughing his rear off at the Browns. Hats off to him. Do I think he is a franchise QB, NO, but with the right surroundings he is a top 15 QB. The Browns will always be the Browns because they do dumb stuff like the Watson deal. They won some close games this year where they got real lucky, and in our game we got cheated. When Burrow comes back healthy, I see the Browns missing the playoffs next year. Ravens and Bengals both will be clearly better, Steelers might be just as good.

The Steelers need to figure out their QB situation. Rudolph seemed to play better than Pickett. I wonder if they would trade one of them.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

The Steelers need to figure out their QB situation. Rudolph seemed to play better than Pickett. I wonder if they would trade one of them.

Steelers are in perfect position to draft another QB because there are like 5 or 6 coming out that could end up being good.

Houston got outplayed, out coached, out everythinged plain and simple. I think they looked better than the year the won the SB. Green Bay came close but no cigar. I turned the game off when they switched to a Spanish broadcast.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Where are all the Stroud lovers at? He was the greatest rookie of all-time last week according to some. Also to the people that say a run 1st QB will never work. Lamar says hold my beer. chuckling homer simpson GIF

Stroud's excellence wasn’t diminished in the least, and Lamar isn't a run first QB. 

Stroud's o-line got destroyed and he could use another quality receiver.

AND, if one can comprehend what went on, we witnessed in that game and the San Fran game what it takes to mix zone, with constant disguise and aggression to be a Championship caliber defense. Pretty much the Opposite of the lazy "coaching" scheme with so much questionable talent that Ballard and Dodds outdated vision brings to the table.  

Mahomes has repeatedly killed his opponents from day 1 with his legs.

Our poor Andrew would have been a below .500 loser without his running.

Lamar is exceptional because he demands an extra defender to contain his escaping the pocket. When the defense leaves an open lane... it is punished

The Ravens would have beaten us 47-0.  

• Like 2