Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

Happy2BeHere

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

That is why folks should not call a player a bust after half a season of playing.

@stitches must feel proud. He was his biggest fan.

I'm like a proud dad on the sidelines... "That's my boy" :D 

Although... I'd like to point out that for me the process is more important than the result, because in a lot of cases with projecting QBs especially, the result is based on tons of factors including a big dose of luck. But yeah. my biggest point ever since Luck retired was - go get a young talented QB from the draft and develop... Good to see Love shining especially after all the doubts and slander people were heaping on him for years without him even having the opportunity to actually play and show what he can do. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dobbinblitz said:

Some headed to the parking lot in Dallas

McCarthy may get the big hook after this one. Jerry is on the bat phone.

“Jeff Saturday?… How would YOU like to come coach for the Dallas Cowboys?”….

36 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I did not say they had to be. I think teams should draft QBs in lower rounds and take a chance on them the way they would any other position. I have been advocating for the Vikings to draft quarterbacks in the 4th through 7th rounds. They probably have drafted the fewest QBs since 2014 (when Zimmer arrived). Vikings fans know my stance on that.

I guess I am looking at it from a Colts fan perspective where they have drafted Sorgi, Painter, Eason, and Sam outside of round one and at best they have developed into backups, which is fine that’s what they were supposed to be. 

Dak is legitimately shook right now. Sad. BIG changes in the BIG D next year

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Who would have thought.  Zone coverages work.

Shhhhhhhhhhh. Don’t give the detractors logical responses like this. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I guess I am looking at it from a Colts fan perspective where they have drafted Sorgi, Painter, Eason, and Sam outside of round one and at best they have developed into backups, which is fine that’s what they were supposed to be. 

I think u are being kind They didn’t develop into  anything ,they just hung around Some longer than others 

The Cowboys just can’t win big games. As bad as Dak has been his Oline has been terrible, his receivers aren’t catching the ball and the defense isn’t playing. Total team collapse, but Dak will get the blame. 

Winning teams thus far

Texans.  I guess Nico has moved into  WR1 status.  Time will tell

They beat the browns who have Amari Cooper

Chiefs,.  No player at wr 1 status

They beat the dolphins with the 30 million dollar a year Tyreek Hill

Packers.  No player at wr 1 status

They are going to beat Ceedee lamb.

The narrative that you need elite wrs is being debunked right before our eyes.  

Good qb play and a running game or a great defense is the key to winning. 

Same as is always been.   

12 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

3/3 games so far are completely noncompetitive... wasn't it like this last year too? Playoffs have been a snooze.

A lot of teams trending down and trending up facing off in this wildcard round.  With exception of Cleveland who very stupidly rested their starters and looked as rusty as we figured they would.  We shall see if that trend continues 

Just now, Solid84 said:

You: 👆

The Cowboys: “Hold our beers!”

You couldn't be more accurate if you tried my friend. 

I thought the ending against the 49ers last year was as bad as it could get but this is almost looks like they are deliberatly throwing it.

• Like 1

I never thought McCarthy was the right hire for Dallas from the get go…I thought it was a mistake.

why they sucked so bad today? Yea some blame belongs on McCarthy for sure, and definitely some directly on Dak because he just chokes no other word to describe what happens…but they are always unprepared for the playoffs and it probably comes from a deeper place than just those 2 guys, probably Jerry and his ways is a big reason.

• Like 1