Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No Colts All-Pros

BProland85

21 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I am very surprised not one Colts player made the All-Pro team, especially on the OL, considering they had the 3rd ranked OL only allowing 15 sacks. Hopefully next year they use this as fuel. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tyreek-hill-christian-mccaffrey-fred-warner-unanimous-choices-for-2023-all-pro-team

Who would you have given the all pro nod to? Remember if you are crowing one of our players, you have to replace him with a player on the list. 

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I am very surprised not one Colts player made the All-Pro team, especially on the OL, considering they had the 3rd ranked OL only allowing 15 sacks. Hopefully next year they use this as fuel. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tyreek-hill-christian-mccaffrey-fred-warner-unanimous-choices-for-2023-all-pro-team

5 49ers made it as all-pros. Not the be all end all of course, but John Lynch took over as the 49ers GM in 2017. Same year Ballard took over as the Colts GM. Just something to think about that Ballard may not be as good of a drafter as people think. 

9 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

5 49ers made it as all-pros. Not the be all end all of course, but John Lynch took over as the 49ers GM in 2017. Same year Ballard took over as the Colts GM. Just something to think about that Ballard may not be as good of a drafter as people think. 

i never thought he was a good drafter too many misses at wr and edge

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

i never thought he was a good drafter too many misses at wr and edge

Yeah, I don't think we lose Pittman because of the Franchise Tag, but if we did hypothetically, the offense would be screwed. We eventually figured out EDGE. It'll depend on what we do with Paye and Dayo after this year. We are good for next year at least. Might draft an EDGE early again. We'll see. When it takes a player 3 years to become good (like Kwity and Dayo), then you almost have to pay them immediately to keep that production or you're just starting over. Seems we'll get two years of value from Paye and Dayo before having to pay them. 

• Like 1

Not sure if lack of all pro is necessarily a knock on Ballard. Bengals and Texans didn’t either.  Miami had one on the first team and Buffalo only got someone in as the slot CB on the second team. Do their GMs suck?  

Im not saying the team doesn’t need more talent, every team in the NFL needs more talent. We do have spots where we could really use elite talent but AP is a little recency biased and usually is dominated by the best teams that year. Just like the media has been campaigning for Lamar to win MVP for over a month now. 

• Like 2

Rainmann is getting close to what I believe will be multiple appearances. Graded out as the 7th best tackle in the league at 82.3 up from a rookie score of 73.3 (9.0 gain is impressive especially when score was impressive to begin with). Braden Smith though injured quite a bit finished with a 83.3 (up from a 75.5) good for 5th best in the league. NFL's best tackle duo this season.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Who would you have given the all pro nod to? Remember if you are crowing one of our players, you have to replace him with a player on the list. 

Buckner over Chris Jones, easily in my opinion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Not sure if lack of all pro is necessarily a knock on Ballard. Bengals and Texans didn’t either.  Miami had one on the first team and Buffalo only got someone in as the slot CB on the second team. Do their GMs suck?  

Im not saying the team doesn’t need more talent, every team in the NFL needs more talent. We do have spots where we could really use elite talent but AP is a little recency biased and usually is dominated by the best teams that year. Just like the media has been campaigning for Lamar to win MVP for over a month now. 

That’s also bull crap too, Bengals should have had Hendrickson first-team. He was tied for second-most sacks this season (17.5) behind only TJ Watt, and he had 3 more than Garrett. 

21 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Ryan Kelly should have been on this list at a minimum. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 11:48 AM, BProland85 said:

:grumpy2: