Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vrabel - Colts DC conversation

27 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

So for the detractor on this post, this is what conversation is all about people talking about a subject without being rude to each other. Colts fans are the best.

Vrabel is not going to be anything other than a head coach,, obviously 

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Not for HC though. Vrabel would be front runner for HC, McDaniels will get calls from both Belichick and Vrabel for OC, assuming Belichick catches on somewhere else while Vrabel is HC at NE. McDaniels getting another HC job, those chances have pretty much evaporated.

I honestly don't see Vrabel hiring McDaniels as his OC. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 3:58 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I think Vrabel and Harbaugh will be the top 2 HC candidates, by far.   They’re both in a league of their own. 

I think Vrabel’s agent would quietly and politely say no thank you to any talk of Vrabel being a DC. 

What has Vrabel done that makes you think he is remotely near a "league of his own."

39 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

What has Vrabel done that makes you think he is remotely near a "league of his own."

39 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

It’s what I’m reading everywhere.  The NFL thinks he’s very highly respected and will be very much in demand by teams in search of a new HC.  

In other words, Vrabel has a much better reputation in the NFL community than some in this community believe.   Not necessarily directed at you…. 

So my sources would be the usual suspects….  ESPN, NFL.com.  NFL Channel on Sirius radio,  the Rich Eisen show (host of NFL network)  Dan Patrick show and other internet media.   I’m retired, I have a lot of time to read and watch videos. 

50 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

You could have stopped writing there.

Everybody is different.   I wouldn’t know if I wrote a short reply and you might’ve thought my answer was disrespectful.  So my tendency is to write more thoroughly so people understand me.   

Didn't mean to rub you the wrong way.  

On 1/9/2024 at 4:58 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I think Vrabel and Harbaugh will be the top 2 HC candidates, by far.   They’re both in a league of their own. 

I think Vrabel’s agent would quietly and politely say no thank you to any talk of Vrabel being a DC. 

Harbaugh is in a league of his own in Michigan. At his age I can't see him leaving with the money he makes. Is there news saying harbaugh is moving to the NFL?

3 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Harbaugh is in a league of his own in Michigan. At his age I can't see him leaving with the money he makes. Is there news saying harbaugh is moving to the NFL?

Harbaugh to Chargers? Hmm

1 hour ago, EasyE said:

Most everything I read says he’s turning pro.  Harbaugh already hired Brady’s former agent.   His name is Don Yee.   Did that about two weeks ago.  

One key issue is that the NCAA might hit JH with a season long suspension that would mean no pay as well as no coaching.   So Harbaugh would be returning to the NFL to get away from more legal trouble. 

2 hours ago, EasyE said:

With the way the Big 10 treated him this year,  I could see him leaving.   I'm guessing he stays though.   Bo schembechler is a God in Ann Arbor and never won a National Championship.   Jim will have a statue and all the reign he wants there

37 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Most everything I read says he’s turning pro.  Harbaugh already hired Brady’s former agent.   His name is Don Yee.   Did that about two weeks ago.  

One key issue is that the NCAA might hit JH with a season long suspension that would mean no pay as well as no coaching.   So Harbaugh would be returning to the NFL to get away from more legal trouble. 

The NCAA isn't going to suspend him for an entire season.  They likely won't suspend him at all.   The BIG 10 already suspended him,  and he may sue them.   College coaches who win championships are far more revered than NFL coaches who win super bowls.  Harbaugh will never buy a beer or meal in the state of Michigan ever again.   Why come back to the NFL?  The things he didn't like about the NFL still exist 

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

The NCAA isn't going to suspend him for an entire season.  They likely won't suspend him at all.   The BIG 10 already suspended him,  and he may sue them.   College coaches who win championships are far more revered than NFL coaches who win super bowls.  Harbaugh will never buy a beer or meal in the state of Michigan ever again.   Why come back to the NFL?  The things he didn't like about the NFL still exist 

Im just sharing what I’ve read.   And if he’s not coming back, why did he just hire Brady’s agent, Don Yee?   Michigan is offering 10 years and $125m.  If he’s staying, why not just accept that contract and be done with it?  

I know Harbaugh is a weird guy,  but there are lots of questions now without many answers. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im just sharing what I’ve read.   And if he’s not coming back, why did he just hire Brady’s agent, Don Yee?   Michigan is offering 10 years and $125m.  If he’s staying, why not just accept that contract and be done with it?  

I know Harbaugh is a weird guy,  but there are lots of questions now without many answers. 

First off,  can the guy enjoy his success?  Second,  I don't think any actual offer is public. 

The guy just won a national championship.   Let's say we give him a few days

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

First off,  can the guy enjoy his success?  Second,  I don't think any actual offer is public. 

The guy just won a national championship.   Let's say we give him a few days

Somebody else asked me a question.   I answered him.    Then you made a comment to me.   I answered you.  

No where did I say he can’t enjoy.   I don’t hate Jim.   But I’m always a little skeptical.  He’s wired different than anyone else. 

The contract offer has been reported for a few weeks now.  I’m not aware that anyone has refuted it.   Just saying. 

• Shive locked this topic