Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

David Tepper Continues to be a PR Nightmare

RollerColt

Fined $300,000 by the league for unacceptable conduct when he threw a drink at a Jaguars fan. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-fines-panthers-owner-david-tepper-300k-after-he-threw-drink-toward-jaguars-fans-from-luxury-box-230401550.html

Even his apology was pathetic and not really an apology. This man is an embarrassment not only to the Panthers organization but to the NFL as a whole. 

Say what you will about Jim Irsay, but he would sure as heck never throw a drink at any fan regardless of the team!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Fined $300,000 by the league for unacceptable conduct when he threw a drink at a Jaguars fan. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-fines-panthers-owner-david-tepper-300k-after-he-threw-drink-toward-jaguars-fans-from-luxury-box-230401550.html

Even his apology was pathetic and not really an apology. This man is an embarrassment not only to the Panthers organization but to the NFL as a whole. 

Say what you will about Jim Irsay, but he would sure as heck never throw a drink at any fan regardless of the team!

Jim wouldn’t waste a drink you know. lol  This is a joke.

16 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I hope that fan gets a payday somehow. I’d let a rich person throw a drink on me in front of national tv audiences and I’d just ask for a few hundred $k to forget the whole thing…

Maybe the NFL should give some of the fines back to that fan…

Come to think of it, I wonder what the NFL does with all the extra cash it makes from fining players…

16 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I hope that fan gets a payday somehow. I’d let a rich person throw a drink on me in front of national tv audiences and I’d just ask for a few hundred $k to forget the whole thing…

Jared Fogle spilled his beer down my back at the Dome years ago.   He stumbled going to his seat.   I didn't even get a subway coupon 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

At least for the last game of the season. 

Yeah, maybe a few games.

I'm not outraged about what happened, I don't need to see him drawn and quartered, I'm not interested in the most punitive or humiliating response possible, and the idea of a fine more proportional to his wealth is a non-starter. Just saying, I'm not coming at this from a passionate, angry perspective.

But to me, the point is that the owner of a team should be expected to represent that team and the NFL as a whole in a responsible way, especially in public. Tepper failed to do that, and at the same time, his lack of self control was directed at the fans that support the product. If any person, but especially an owner, can't properly represent the league in public, and can't control himself during an interaction with fans, then he shouldn't be allowed to represent the league or his team. At least for a period of time. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah, maybe a few games.

I'm not outraged about what happened, I don't need to see him drawn and quartered, I'm not interested in the most punitive or humiliating response possible, and the idea of a fine more proportional to his wealth is a non-starter. Just saying, I'm not coming at this from a passionate, angry perspective.

But to me, the point is that the owner of a team should be expected to represent that team and the NFL as a whole in a responsible way, especially in public. Tepper failed to do that, and at the same time, his lack of self control was directed at the fans that support the product. If any person, but especially an owner, can't properly represent the league in public, and can't control himself during an interaction with fans, then he shouldn't be allowed to represent the league or his team. At least for a period of time. 

I mean, the fan is literally a customer of their product. Pretty much anywhere else in society someone would lose their job for not “properly representing the brand”. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I mean, the fan is literally a customer of their product. Pretty much anywhere else in society someone would lose their job for not “properly representing the brand”. 

If a player threw a cup of Gatorade on a fan, I'm pretty sure the player would be suspended, at the very least.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

WOW!!

One wonders WHEN the NFL will begin the "stonger sanctions" against David Tepper?

Previous owners have done far worse with no repercussions… look how much it took for the owners to finally do something about Snyder.

On 1/3/2024 at 9:32 PM, Happy2BeHere said:

Oh wow.....I assumed there was a window in the box..... didn't realize the drink actually hit the guy.  Thought the glass separated the fans....