NFLfan

Raiders @ Colts  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Raiders
    • Colts
    • The game will end in a tie.

Just now, coming on strong said:

i am conflicted about this season happy were winning but the wins look like a struggle . i think this team still needs more pieces even with richardson returning next year .  something is off on defense and offense needs more playmakers

I disagree. There is real potential but they aren’t coached well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Play-in game Sunday. possible division title. Move it to primetime please

If Jacksonville would've lost today, they probably would have but since they can clinch the division with a win, they'll probably have us all play at the same time.

Just now, coming on strong said:

something is off with this team you could be right .  seems like they have potential but something outside of QB is missing

A dynamic qb can change a lot and elevate everyone around him to look like pro-bowl players. They need to keep bringing in weapons/developing what they have. I would like to see a new defensive mindset and add some talent at all three levels there. I don’t think they are as far off as you think. Compiling a winning season with a backup this season is a serious boost to a franchise that needed to get some momentum. Regardless of what happens next week, and the weeks after if we would win, it’s going to be an optimistic offseason for the Colts. 

• Like 2

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

QB, WR, and a full offseason for Taylor will fix the offense.

Then defense needs a new coach. Period. They can be a good defense. 

Add DB and Linebacker to off-season needs as well. Wouldn’t hurt to pick up a DT as well 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

If Jacksonville would've lost today, they probably would have but since they can clinch the division with a win, they'll probably have us all play at the same time.

It could be a play-in game, with the rookie of the year highlighted in. I can’t imagine that would be trumped. 

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

A dynamic qb can change a lot and elevate everyone around him to look like pro-bowl players. They need to keep bringing in weapons/developing what they have. I would like to see a new defensive mindset and add some talent at all three levels there. I don’t think they are as far off as you think. Compiling a winning season with a backup this season is a serious boost to a franchise that needed to get some momentum. Regardless of what happens next week, and the weeks after if we would win, it’s going to be an optimistic offseason for the Colts. 

i dont think the colts are far off at all .   i just dont get to excited with some of these wins vs bad teams when we dont look great beating them .    upgrade pierce get another tight end and i think the offense is good .   the defense we need better cover linebackers and more depth at safety and pass rush .

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

The dc needs to go, the talent needs a few more pieces on BOTH sides of the ball and Shane should be considered for the COY award with the job he's done OVERALL!!! We are in this position because of the smoke and mirror job he's done on offense. Coming into today there were ONLY three teams in the NFL that had 5 games of at least 200 yds passing and 150 yds rushing in the SAME game... the Niners, Phins and Colts!!!! If you think anybody could've just came in and took this 4 win team to a playoff possibility while rolling with a limited but spunky backup qb then I think you're being a bit unrealistic.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

The dc needs to go, the talent needs a few more pieces on BOTH sides of the ball and Shane should be considered for the COY award with the job he's done OVERALL!!! We are in this position because of the smoke and mirror job he's done on offense. Coming into today there were ONLY three teams in the NFL that had 5 games of at least 200 yds passing and 150 yds rushing in the SAME game... the Niners, Phins and Colts!!!! If you think anybody could've just came in and took this 4 win team to a playoff possibility while rolling with a limited but spunky backup qb then I think you're being a bit unrealistic.

Yes. Thats my point Gus isn’t coaching well. 

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

i dont think the colts are far off at all .   i just dont get to excited with some of these wins vs bad teams when we dont look great beating them .    upgrade pierce get another tight end and i think the offense is good .   the defense we need better cover linebackers and more depth at safety and pass rush .

im not sure they need more depth at pass rush, they just need a more consistent rusher that is so sought after in this league. We may be able to develop Dayo into that, but i think Paye doesn’t have the same ceiling. They have been really good this year at times, and other times seemingly can’t get pressure. However, better coverage and scheme would help that, which those did no favors during those times of the d-line going lull. 

I doubt they’ll make moves at defensive back in the form of a big signing that is an immediate starter, but if they do, I would prefer it to be at safety. I think we have some good young corners that are getting better and will continue to. Linebacker is pretty thin. Speed continues to disappoint me, and I cannot imagine I am alone in that thought. He’s fast, but he misses tackles and makes some serious mistakes seemingly every game. 

4 hours ago, IndySouthsider said:

I disagree about not being coached well. For the most part, the majority of this roster is the same team that barely went 4-13 last year.

What you’re seeing is a young team with a handful of veterans and a good, albeit rookie head coach. They’re gonna have up and downs and to even be in the hunt let alone tied for the division with one game to go is a turn around almost unheard of. Shane and the coach of the Texans both deserve to be Coach of the Year. In fact, if it were me, I’d give it to them both

4 hours ago, coming on strong said:

I think we need to give Pierce another year. Many on here forget that it took Reggie Wayne, a future HOF WR midway into his 3rd season to finally get rolling. His first two years, he looked like a bust. 

as for the roster upgrades, I’m leaning more towards taking a DT in the first or second round. We have no depth and when we sub out Grover or Buckner, the opposing team can run it at will. We need some depth there.

CB, if a stud is there, sure,

WR, unless a stud falls to us, we’re not likely to find a significant difference between a rookie WR and Pierce

29 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I think we need to give Pierce another year. Many on here forget that it took Reggie Wayne, a future HOF WR midway into his 3rd season to finally get rolling. His first two years, he looked like a bust. 

as for the roster upgrades, I’m leaning more towards taking a DT in the first or second round. We have no depth and when we sub out Grover or Buckner, the opposing team can run it at will. We need some depth there.

CB, if a stud is there, sure,

WR, unless a stud falls to us, we’re not likely to find a significant difference between a rookie WR and Pierce

for the future it will be worth it richardson is only 21 ,pierce lack of separation concerns me  .  i think jones and brents are to good long corners they are playing really well for rookies .  pass rush for me is inconsistent one game they dominate and get 6 sacks the other they cant get a pressure .  

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

I disagree about not being coached well. For the most part, the majority of this roster is the same team that barely went 4-13 last year.

What you’re seeing is a young team with a handful of veterans and a good, albeit rookie head coach. They’re gonna have up and downs and to even be in the hunt let alone tied for the division with one game to go is a turn around almost unheard of. Shane and the coach of the Texans both deserve to be Coach of the Year. In fact, if it were me, I’d give it to them both

My post was about the defense and the terrible coaching from Gus Bradley

• NFLfan unfeatured and locked this topic