2023 Week 15 All Around the NFL game thread

NFLfan

Denver @ Detroit  

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• The Lions
    • The Broncos
    • Neither

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2023 at 02:00 AM

10 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Next week will be fun.

The suspense thickens as the Jags and the mighty Trevor lay a fat egg. We are now tied for 1st place in the AFC South. We didn't get much help yesterday but we did with the Jags losing. For Wildcard purposes, we need the Bills to stumble at least once IMO just in case we do lose 1. I think Miami beats the Bills in the final week, Bills blew them out in Buffalo, Miami will want revenge and will be at home. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The suspense thickens as the Jags and the mighty Trevor lay a fat egg. We are now tied for 1st place in the AFC South. We didn't get much help yesterday but we did with the Jags losing. For Wildcard purposes, we need the Bills to stumble at least once IMO just in case we do lose 1. I think Miami beats the Bills on the final day, Bills blew them out in Buffalo, Miami will want revenge and will be at home. 

We don't need to. If the Dolphins and Bills both finish 11-6, Bills win the division and Dolphins are the #6 seed given the Browns have better quality of wins and conference record in all likelihood to finish #5, and if we finish 10-7, the fight is for the #7 seed. 

The fight for the #7 seed would mean we have lost the division with 1 more loss. 

Hypothetically, say we lose 1 game, and this is what we have to deal with - Texans 10-7, Bengals 10-7, Broncos 10-7, Colts 10-7, refer to this post as to why we win all those tie-breakers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

We don't need to. If the Dolphins and Bills both finish 11-6, Bills win the division and Dolphins are the #6 seed given the Browns have better quality of wins and conference record in all likelihood to finish #5, and if we finish 10-7, the fight is for the #7 seed. 

The fight for the #7 seed would mean we have lost the division with 1 more loss. 

Texans 10-7, Bengals 10-7, Broncos 10-7, Colts 10-7, refer to this post as to why we win all those tie-breakers.

Wow, ok. We would still get in despite the Bengals having the head to head. Wild!

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wow, ok. We would still get in despite the Bengals having the head to head. Wild!

The more the crowd, the better it is and it is not Bengals you need to be worried about. Because, head to head stops mattering for 3 or more clubs for the wild card if one of the teams hasn't lost to everyone in the crowd to eliminate them OR one of the teams hasn't beaten everyone in the crowd to win the tie-breaker. If both are false, no head-to-head records will be considered.

The key is, if we lose to someone, it SHOULD NOT BE THE TEXANS. Texans have beaten Bengals, Broncos, and if they beat us in the final game, the head-to-head would THEN matter. 

The best solution is, it is in your hands, just win out!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

The other option is for the Dolphins to lose out to finish 10-7 and since the Texans and Colts haven't played the Dolphins, head-to-head is thrown out the window if the Dolphins, Colts, Texans, Broncos, Bengals all finish 10-7 @2006Coltsbestever

Hey this is what makes football great when the team you root for is in a suspenseful playoff run with 3 games to go. It keeps everyone glued to the TV and thinking.

Here is a Question, what would happen if You, Moe, EasyE, and I, all end in a tie in our picks thread chuckling homer simpson GIF- Sorry I had too haha . The suspense is fun.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hey this is what makes football great when the team you root for is in a suspenseful playoff run with 3 games to go. It keeps everyone glued to the TV and thinking.

Here is a Question, what would happen if You, Moe, EasyE, and I, all end in a tie in our picks thread chuckling homer simpson GIF- Sorry I had too haha . The suspense is fun.

Just call it a tie. Everyone is happy!!! No need for tie-breakers in a fun game, IMO.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The more the crowd, the better it is and it is not Bengals you need to be worried about. Because, head to head stops mattering for 3 or more clubs for the wild card if one of the teams hasn't lost to everyone in the crowd to eliminate them OR one of the teams hasn't beaten everyone in the crowd to win the tie-breaker. If both are false, no head-to-head records will be considered.

The key is, if we lose to someone, it SHOULD NOT BE THE TEXANS. Texans have beaten Bengals, Broncos, and if they beat us in the final game, the head-to-head would THEN matter. 

The best solution is, it is in your hands, just win out!!!

Thanks for that!  Even a dummy like me can understand that explanation.  :thmup:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hopefully Steelers will have some pride and make it a game Sunday. They beat them once.

I was talking about the Bills, who's remaining schedule is @ Chargers (1st game with their interim HC) , Patriots at Buffalo  & @ Miami. I think they probably lose to the Dolphins who may be in the mix for the AFC's top seed, but they could easily drop 1 of the other 2 as well.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

The other option is for the Dolphins to lose out to finish 10-7 and since the Texans and Colts haven't played the Dolphins, head-to-head is thrown out the window if the Dolphins, Colts, Texans, Broncos, Bengals all finish 10-7 @2006Coltsbestever

The thought  of the Dolphins losing out seems improbable, until you look at their remaining schedule and then you could actually see it happening.Screenshot_20231218-125414_Chrome.jpg.84f527e5e756469616c6bd363aa8b829.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I thought the same too, so what’s up with the hot and cold Jordan Love???

Paging @NFLfan @2006Coltsbestever @Chrisaaron1023@RollerColt @Solid84 :) 

No interest in the NFC?? :) 

lol I don’t have any legal ways of watching this one. I did sign up for NFL+ because I got a discount offer. 

Kind of following it with the fantasy football app. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

lol I don’t have any legal ways of watching this one. I did sign up for NFL+ because I got a discount offer. 

Kind of following it with the fantasy football app. 

Get a $20 antenna, most Smart TVs have a tuner that will work with them and stream ABC for free. Been doing that for a year or more, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX 

• Like 1

Just now, Dunk said:

No ESPN? 

Nope. I cut cable to save money. We were having to pay nearly $250 a month. I wanted to pay for groceries instead so goodbye cable… 

NFL+ apparently doesn’t get me Monday night football without logging into a TV Provider.

I had ESPN+ for a while but cut that subscription when my kiddos wanted Peacock. 

And yes, we’re that poor. It sucks living paycheck to paycheck but that’s life. It sucks then we die. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Nope. I cut cable to save money. We were having to pay nearly $250 a month. I wanted to pay for groceries instead so goodbye cable… 

NFL+ apparently doesn’t get me Monday night football without logging into a TV Provider.

I had ESPN+ for a while but cut that subscription when my kiddos wanted Peacock. 

And yes, we’re that poor. It sucks living paycheck to paycheck but that’s life. It sucks then we die. 

I kept cable internet and pay for Youtube TV. Still pay too much, but saved about $100 a month doing so.

The last straw was when the local service dropped the NFL channel because it was too expensive for them to carry, but still charged the same for the sports tier package I wanted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I kept cable internet and pay for Youtube TV. Still pay too much, but saved about $100 a month doing so.

The last straw was when the local service dropped the NFL channel because it was too expensive for them to carry, but still charged the same for the sports tier package I wanted.

Thats our plan in the future once we pay off our debts.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Why is that? I get it.

$250 for cable is outrageous. I was paying about $140. I told the cable company that I barely watch TV and I would cut it. They offered me a deal where I got the network channels and 15 additional channels of my choice. It was about $45 plus taxes and other fees. I pay about $80. I still only watch about 6 to 8 channels. NFL Network was one of those 15 channels. I had been paying $10 for it alone before this deal.

42 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I think the Monday night games have been on ABC.

56 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I had interest in the eagles all season.. having brown, swift, and the eagles d. But they all let me down, down the stretch and caused me to miss the playoffs..

I was watching a bit of the game while cleaning the basement, but 5:00am comes early lol

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why is that? I get it.

$250 for cable is outrageous. I was paying about $140. I told the cable company that I barely watch TV and I would cut it. They offered me a deal where I got the network channels and 15 additional channels of my choice. It was about $45 plus taxes and other fees. I pay about $80. I still only watch about 6 to 8 channels. NFL Network was one of those 15 channels. I had been paying $10 for it alone before this deal.

Okay this is really weird… 

I can watch the game on my phone with the NFL app. But not on my LGTV… Same app… 

20 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why is that? I get it.

My provider has a monopoly in my area and refuses to negotiate. There’s only one other cable option and they’re the same price. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Okay this is really weird… 

I can watch the game on my phone with the NFL app. But not on my LGTV… Same app… 

Ah okay. I have only tried accessing it on my phone. I think I can get it on my Smart TV but I have never tried it. Maybe one of the computer gurus here can tell you how you can get it from your phone to your TV. I think my brother said I could use "screen mirroring". I don't know much about it.

I just watch NFL+ games on my phone. I do have ESPN and NFL Network which I watch on TV.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

@Arodgers12

I'm appalled at how Packers didn't make use of Aaron Jones enough when he's healthy. 

39 pass attempts to 13 rushes from Jones, I think all year Jordan Love didn't get much run game going on so I could attribute some of his inconsistencies to him passing too much, with young receiving group.

When they figured out that Luke Musgrave is good, he got injured. Aaron Jones injury probably derailed the season, Dillon cannot be trusted for the run game. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@Arodgers12

I'm appalled at how Packers didn't make use of Aaron Jones enough when he's healthy. 

39 pass attempts to 13 rushes from Jones, I think all year Jordan Love didn't get much run game going on so I could attribute some of his inconsistencies to him passing too much, with young receiving group.

When they figured out that Luke Musgrave is good, he got injured. Aaron Jones injury probably derailed the season, Dillon cannot be trusted for the run game. 

Our defense is awful as well! The Colts play us next season. At least you guys know you have an extra bye week for your team.

14 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@Arodgers12

You love Aaron Jones. :)

I'm appalled by KOC calling two tush push plays on 3rd and 4th down and less than a yard. I read that they had Powell tush-pushing Mullens. Why not have CJ Ham and Josh Oliver push Mullens in? Powell weighs less than 190lbs.

Just now, NFLfan said:

You love Aaron Jones. :)

I'm appalled by KOC calling two tush push plays on 3rd and 4th down and less than a yard. I read that they had Powell tush-pushing Mullens. Why not have CJ Ham and Josh Oliver push Mullens in. Powell weighs less than 190lbs.

You guys are going to sweep us this year.